Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Seventy

“Lookin’ good, Mags!” I heard and turned my head and pulled down my sunglasses and smirked, Jordan and Max were smirking towards me, a volleyball in their hands and only in their swim trunks.

“I try,” I smiled and then leaned back in my lawn chair to soak up some sun by the pool. I had been lying there for a few hours, enjoying the fact that I was getting a nice tan and happy that Coach was allowing us to have the afternoon off. Some of the guys were about to start a volleyball game, some were in the pool, while Pascal, Craig, Deryk Engelland, Johnson and I were lying in the lawn chairs, either reading or tanning.

I could hear the guys in the pool jumping around, yelling, laughing, and being loud. I smirked and then sat up, turned around and fixed my chair so that it was laying all the way back. I turned onto my stomach to allow my back to get some sun.

“Maggie, I brought your ipod,” I heard and looked to see Emma coming over.

“Awesome, I was just too lazy to go and get it,” I giggled as I leaned on my elbows to take the ipod from Emma as she took the chair next to me and took off her cover, revealing her purple bikini.

“Tanning time,” she smiled and I smirked and put my headphones in and laid on my stomach.

I don’t know how long I was lying down, I ended up falling asleep, but I woke up to someone lying on top of me and water dripping onto me. I pushed my head up and looked to see a smiling Geno, his heavy body was on top of me.

“You comfy, Maggie,” Geno smirked and then wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.

“You’re heavy, G. And you’re getting me wet,” I said and he chuckled.

“I always get ladies wet,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“So charming,” I giggled and Geno chuckled and then rolled off of me and sat on the side of the lawn chair.

“You come swim?” he asked and I leaned up on my elbows and looked back at him.

“No, I’m trying to tan,” I said and Geno sighed.

“You get tan line,” he said and I nodded my head, he just smirked and then flicked the quickly untied the strings to my top.

“Geno!” I yelled and he laughed, “Tie it back!”

“In Russia, women topless,” he said cockily and I playfully glared at him and held my hands over my boobs to make sure I didn’t flash anyone.

“Well, we’re not in Russia!” I said and Geno smirked and then got up and started to walk away, “Geno!”

“No tan lines!” he yelled as he headed back to the pool, but was walking backwards and smirking at me.

“You jerk!” I yelled, but a smirk on my face as I sat up and reached back to tie my strings again. Emma was smirking towards me, I just rolled my eyes and shook my head, “Men.”

“Typical,” Emma giggled and I sighed and then laid back down to get more sun on my box.

It didn’t last long, before I knew it, I was picked up and thrown into the pool. I screamed we I surfaced and looked towards the edge of the pool to see Mike, Max and Jordan laughing, “Which one of you assholes did that?” I glared and Mike pointed towards Max, Max crossed his arms and pointed towards Jordan and Mike and Jordan pointed towards Max.

“Maggie in water!” I heard and then felt arms around me and saw a happy Geno.

“Not by choice!” I yelled and Geno chuckled.

“No, no, no, NO!!!” I heard and then snapped my head around just in time to see Emma splash into the water. I looked up and saw Jordan high fiving Mike.

“YOU!!!” I yelled and glared at Mike and he smirked and shrugged his shoulders, “I’m gunna kill you!”

“Chicken!” James yelled and I felt someone come up under me and I squealed as I was being lifted into the air.

“What the hell?!” I yelled and looked down and was surprised to see Sidney, “Sid!”

“Mikey! Stop!” I heard and looked to see that Emma was up on Mike’s shoulders.

“Oh this is gunna be good!” I heard and looked around to see that just about the whole team was crowding around the edges of the pool.

“Sid, put me down,” I said and he chuckled.

“No way!” he said and I sighed and looked at Emma, she didn’t want to do this either.

“Come on girls!” Marc yelled and I sighed.

“Em?” I looked at her and she sighed.

“Fine,” she said and we laughed and heard the guys cheer.

“Ready Mags?” Sidney asked and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Yeah.”

“Ok, don’t lose!” he yelled and I scoffed.

“Just for that, I’m gunna lose on purpose!”

“No way!” Sidney laughed and I ruffled his hair.

“I’m just playing, Crosby!” I said and then looked towards Emma who was rolling her eyes and playfully punching Mike’s head, “Em! He needs all the brain cells he can get!”

“Hey!” Mike yelled and I giggled.

“All right!” Max yelled, “On your mark,” he started and I saw the others move out of the way and sit on the edge of the pool. Mike and Sid moved us to the center of the pool and I felt Sidney have a firm grasp on my legs, “Get set,” Emma and I held out our hands and shook our heads, still not believing that we were doing this, “Go!”

-Kris-
I walked outside, hearing that some of the guys were going to the pool; Tyler was behind me, wanting to head to the pool as well. We saw the guys crowding around the pool and headed over there to see Emma and Maggie on Mike and Sidney’s shoulders and they were playing chicken, trying to knock each off the guys’ shoulders.

I came up behind Pascal and watched as Maggie laughed and tried to push Emma off. I frowned, it was the first time that I saw her actually smile and look like she was having fun. It made me miss her even more and feel horrible for what happened in Toronto. I watched as Maggie pushed Emma off Mike’s shoulders and then slide off of Sidney’s shoulders and they hugged. I sighed and then turned back and headed for the hotel, wanting to go back to me room.

I headed for the door and felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around and saw Pascal standing there, “Ya know, you being depressed about what you did isn’t helping the team.”

“We’re doing fine,” I said and Pascal rolled his eyes.

“We lost four games in a row, you say we’re doing fine?” he asked and I sighed.

“What do you want me to do? She won’t look at me let alone talk to me!” I said and Pascal sighed.

“Would you talk to her if the positions were switched?” he asked and I sighed, “Just accept what you did and try to fix it. Give her time, you never know, she might take your ass back.”

“She won’t,” I sighed and Pascal scoffed.

“Well not with that attitude,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“What’s the point? Apparently something happened in Chicago-“

“Stop it, Kris! Whatever happened in Chicago- It’s Chicago!” he said and I looked at him, “Sure one of them might have a thing for her, but it’s not like something’s gunna happen!”

“Fine, then if not Chicago, then what about Mike? He’s not going to let me anywhere near her,” I stated and then looked towards the pool to see Maggie reaching up and grabbing Paul Martin and Marc’s hands and they pulled her out of the pool and I had to bite back a groan when I saw her in her blue bikini, “If it wasn’t for you guys, I’d be six feet under right now.”

“Stop your pity party and fix your fuck up,” Pascal stated and then turned around and headed back towards the pool and I sighed and turned to the hotel and headed inside, wanting to go to my room to think about everything that’s going on.

-Kane-
“Hey! There’s the pretty Penguin,” I smiled as I looked at my phone and saw Maggie appear on the screen and I smiled brightly when she was in a bikini top, “Hey! Now there’s a sight!”

“Shut up,” she smirked and I pouted when she threw a shirt on.

“Looks like you had fun today,” I said and she took a seat in front of me and smirked.

“I got some tanning in,” she said and I smirked.

“So when’s the next time I actually get to see you in person?” I asked and she giggled, “Come on, facetiming isn’t enough!”

“That’s true,” she said and I smiled brightly, “Other than the all star game, I don’t think we play each other again.”

“That’s if we made the team,” I said and she scoffed.

“We made the team,” she smirked and I chuckled.

“Someone’s full of themselves,” I smirked.

Maggie stuck her tongue out at me and then giggled, “No more than you!”