Status: Read on, good people.

Worth the Wait

On The Way

As I sat in the passenger seat and watched the sun set behind some trees, resenting the place that I was going back to, Roxas reached over and took my hand in his. I looked over at him and he glanced back at me, his eyes momentarily leaving the road as he smiled reassuringly at me. I wanted to return the smile, to let him know that I was okay, but I couldn't bring my lips to turn upward. My thoughts always got the best of me, and I think by now he had figured this out.

"You think too much," he said, breaking the silence and pulling me out of my thoughts. He squeezed my hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing my fingers.

"I know..." I replied, sighing. I leaned over the console and laid my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes for a moment.

"Sometimes you just need to let go. Forget the past for a little while and...." He trailed off and went completely silent. I sat up and looked at him, confused slightly.

"And what?" I studied his face and saw that his expression had brightened. I waited for him to reply, but finally decided he wasn't going to. Instead, he slowed the car down and turned down a dirt road. I didn't exactly know the whole way from his house to mine, but I knew that this was definitely not the way. "Where are we going?" I asked.

He looked over at me and smiled slyly. "You'll see." I didn't know how to respond to that, so I didn't. I instead decided to look out the window, watching as the yellow/orange mass of trees passed on either side of the car in the setting sunlight. We drove down the road for quite some time, before the woods on my side opened up to a large field that was obviously used for crops. Which obviously meant that someone owned it.

We continued down the road for a little longer, before Roxas stopped the car and pulled onto a small private road leading straight through the middle of the field. "Roxas, seriously. Why are we here? I thought you were taking me home."

He kept going down the narrow road and finally stopped the car in the middle of the field. He took the keys out of the ignition, removed his seat belt, and looked at me. I raised my eyebrows at him, confused as to why he had brought me to a field. I was about to ask him again, but he leaned over and kissed my lips, melting my insides and making me forget the words that never formed on my tongue.

Just as I was going to slide my tongue across his lips, asking for entrance, he pulled back and left me hanging. "Hang on," he said, opening his door and climbing out of his car.

I watched as he walked around the front of the vehicle to my side. He opened my door and I couldn't help but grin, as he never failed to be a complete gentleman. I stepped out of the car and he shut the door behind me, then he opened the back seat door and got out a red plaid blanket. I gave him a curious look and he just smiled, walking to the hood of the car and spreading the blanket out over it.

Roxas crawled on top of the hood and motioned for me to join him. I was skeptical, as I didn't know what he had planned, but joined him anyways. He pulled me close to him, and I took the moment to ask him once more what he had in mind.

"What are we doing here..?" I asked, snuggling into his side. He pecked my cheek and grinned.

"We're gonna watch the sun set," he replied triumphantly. I giggled at how proud he was and kissed his lips lightly.

"How romantic.." I said, smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a shorter chapter, I know.
But I like it. :)
It's fluffy.
I loooovveee writing fluff.
Hehehehe
<3
Yours lovingly,
Audrey.