Status: Writing!!

We're All Mad Here

Chapter 1

We’re All Mad Here

Chapter 1

“But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”

“Hi welcome to Alice Liddell’s Tea Shop of Wonders,” I smiled as a blonde and Henry walked through my front door.

“Wow you must really like tea to have a shop full of it,” the blonde said as she looked around.

“Hey Alice I wanted you to meet my real mom Emma Swan,” Henry smiled introducing me to the blonde.

“Strange to have a visitor in Strorybrooke but nice to see a new face,” I smiled widely as he nodded. “Oh, sorry I’m Alice, Alice Liddell owner of this here tea shop,” I introduced popping the P on the end of shop.

“Wait your name is really Alice Liddell, like in the book?” Emma asked looking at me confused.

“Yeah it’s always been my name,” I laughed slightly as my cat meowed walking from down stairs.

“Wait you have a cat too?” Emma asked as I smiled.

“She also has a rabbit named Mr. Rabbit,” Henry added as he played with my bunny who sat in his pin.

“I’m not The Alice, The Alice of Legend I’m just Alice of Storybrooke who coincidentally owns a tea shop, a cat, a rabbit, a mysterious hat that has been with me my whole life, and I always wear the color blue,” I laughed pointing at the glass case holding the hat and my blue skirt.

“Alice to you know about Henry’s book?” Emma asked as she looked at the hat closely.

“Oh yes Once Upon A Time the book holding all the fairytales. It also tells of the curse placed on the Enchanted Forest that turns everyone into Storybrooke citizens. It even has you doesn’t it Emma the Savior,” I laughed pouring her a glass of green tea.

“No, I’m not that Emma. It’s just a book,” Emma said as Henry glared at her.

“It’s not just a book, Emma, it’s really and you are going to save everyone here. You will save Alice and she will be reunited with Hatter and their daughter Grace,” Henry fought for his beliefs.

“Henry, I’m not Alice sweetie and I definitely don’t have a daughter. If I did have one wouldn’t she be with me?” I reasoned looking down at him.

“No because in the book Alice was taken away from the Enchanted Forest and Hatter by the Evil Queen who was jealous of her happiness with Hatter and Grace so she locked her in Wonderland where she later trapped Hatter,” Henry explained looking frustrated.

“So did Alice and Hatter ever meet up in Wonderland?” I asked curious.

“No because the Red Queen kept Alice prisoner because the Red Queen couldn’t steal her heart,” Henry smiled as I placed my hand over my heart thinking of the scar over it.

“Well how long have you been here Emma,” I asked changing the subject.

“Three weeks or so,” she nodded thinking back.

“You are helping Sheriff Graham out aren’t you?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, it’s money,” She laughed lightly as I smiled.

“That’s good though we need another person helping Graham, he randomly disappears at night it’s worrisome,” I spoke as I walked to the front door flipping the open sign to closed.

“You are a curious person Alice,” Emma commented as her and Henry walked out the front door behind me.

“Oh, you know what they say, Alice was a curious person,” I laughed locking the shop door.

“Wait, what about your animals?” Emma asked as she saw my cat on the other side of the door.

“Alice lice above her store, thats where those stairs lead,” Henry explained as Cheshire walked up the stairs.

“Oh,” Emma laughed as a laughed with her.

“Well, I’m headed to Granny’s for dinner I’ll see you guys later,” I waved walking down the street towards the diner.

Wonderland

“Wait Mr.Rabbit! Wait!” I yelled out after the white rabbit running down the dark path.

“I’m terribly late!” He yelled back as he turned the corner. I ran Faster trying to catch up with him but I was never a very athletic eighteen year old. By the time I reached the place where the rabbit turned he was gone, not a trace of him left. “Why would a rabbit be human sized walking on two legs and why would a rabbit be late for an event?” I asked myself following the path slowly.

“Maybe you are just mad,” I heard a voice say from behind me.

“I’m not mad,” I said turning to face a well dressed man wearing a hat.

“Well you must be because I don’t see a rabbit with human characteristics
running around screaming about being late,” he said walking closer to me.

“He was right in front of me and I was chasing after him but he disappeared,” I said trying to convince the man of the truth.

“Why were you chasing a rabbit?” He asked smiling.

“Well I was walking home when he caught my eye and I followed him until I saw him fall into a portal and I jumped in after him and well here I am,” I explained looking around.

“Curiosity killed the cat you know,” he stated grinning slightly.

“Did it? then why am I still standing?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Well that answer is easy you aren’t a cat,” He smiled. “Jefferson Hatter at your service, but please call me Hatter here,” Hatter introduced himself bowing.

“Alice Liddell, call me Alice,” I smiled curtsying.

“Well Ms. Alice you should really join me for tea before we leave,” Hatter said leading me down the path.

“We?” I asked eyeing him.

“Yes I’m sending you back through your portal to your home and then I’m going in the portal to my world,” He explained leading me into a small gate where another rabbit and a mouse awaited Hatter’s arrival.

“How do you know I’m not from your world?” I asked curiously

“Because I know a lot of things,” he winked before pulling out a chair for me and sitting next to me.

Storybrooke

I arrived at Granny’s a little after eight being warmly greeted by Ruby and Mary Margret who sat
across from David the newly awoken coma patient.

“Hey Alice it’s good to see you again,” Mary smiled as she sipped on her drink.

“It’s good to see you too. I hear it’s been crazy around here,” I laughed.

“Yeah really crazy actually,” she laughed nervously looking at David.

“I met Emma today, Henry brought her to the shop.”

“That’s good, Emma is great,” she smiled. “This is David Nolan by the way,” she said gesturing to David who smiled lightly.

“Hello, I’m Alice Liddell, nice to meet you,” I said introducing myself as Ruby walked up to take my order.

“Hey Alice, what would you like?” Ruby asked smiling brightly.

“Hmmm, I would like some iced tea and a burger,” I smiled handing her the menu and tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear.

“I’ll be right back with your food. Oh, and here,” she said placing a pice of cake with a letter down on my table, “a man told me to give this to you,” She smiled before walking away.

Out the corner of my eye I saw Mary stare at me as I grabbed the letter. On the front was a big cursive J which sparked my curiosity, “Who in the town has a name that starts with a J.” I thought as I flipped the letter over opening it pulling out the card inside.

Happy Unbirthday Alice.
J.

“Wait, Ruby who gave you this?” I asked holding up the note.

“It was that man over. . . oh, he isn’t here anymore,” Ruby said as she turned to the bar.

“Hmm, that’s odd. What did he look like Ruby?” I asked thinking of the people in the town that had names starting with the letter J.

“He was kinda tall, brown hair, nicely dressed pretty sure he is rich, really cute,” Ruby rambled on.

“Have you seen him before?” I asked looking at the delicate handwrite scribbled across the paper.

“I’ve seen him around once or twice but he doesn’t get out much. I’m not to sure of his name either I’m sorry,” Ruby smiled slightly.

“It’s okay I’ll just have to find him myself,” I laughed lightly.

“Hey, what is on the letter anyway,” Mary Margret asked as Ruby’s smile widened awaiting my answer. Emma and Henry walked into Granny’s as everyone waited for me to tell them.

“What is going on in here?” Emma asked as her and Henry walked over to use.

“Alice got a letter from a secret admirer,” Ruby answered causing me to blush slightly.

“Really! What does the letter say?” Henry asked excitedly.

“Fine, it says ‘Happy Unbirthday Alice’,” I said as Henry’s eyes widened.

“I knew you were Alice! And this proves it! But who is it from?” Henry said getting excited.

“All it says is J. I hardly know anyone whose name starts with the letter J,” I said looking at him.

“It must mean Jefferson, thats the Hatter’s first name! Don’t you see Alice Hatter is in Storybrooke!” Henry smiled wildly as everyone stared at me closely.

“Well I’ll just have to find my Hatter now won’t I,” I smiled as his eyes light up.

“Wait you believe me?” Henry asked pulling out his book.

“I believe that if you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave,” I smiled looking around at everyone in Granny’s who looked up at me and smiled.