Status: Writing!!

We're All Mad Here

Chapter 2

I’m making Polyvore’s for this story look for them on my tumblr along with pictures of alice (luminiabanner. tumblr. com just take out the spaces)

We’re All Mad Here

Chapter 2

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
-Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

I returned home holding the letter to my chest. I smiled thinking of Henry’s story, “My very own Hatter here in little ole Storybrooke,” I smiled to myself as I unlocked the door to my store. “Oh, Cheshire where are you, my little crazy cat,” I called setting my belongings down on the counter, walking up the stairs. As I got halfway up the stairs I heard a meow behind me. “Cheshire what are you doing down there,” I said walking back down the stairs towards him but as soon as I got to him he ran. “Cheshire, I don’t want to chase you around all night I would like some sleep,” I groaned following him. When I walked over to Cheshire he was cleaning his paw sitting next to Mr. Rabbit’s play pin.

MR. RABBIT’S Empty PLAY PIN! “CHESHIRE! WHERE IS MR. RABBIT?!” I yelled looking in and around the pin. Cheshire just meowed and walked over to my back door which holds a little cat door for Cheshire to leave at will. “He went outside! Uh you impossible cat first you let him out of his cage. And don’t try and tell me it’s not you because I’ve seen you unlock him before. Oh, who am I kidding I’m talking to a cat for pete’s sake,” I whispered slipping my jacket back on to look around outside for Mr. Rabbit.

I started around the back door, looking in the small bushes calling his name. I walked around the front of the store yelling his name even louder. “MR. RABBIT WHERE ARE YOU?!” As I walked down the street the sheriff’s car pulled up next to me.

“Hey, Alice are you okay?” Emma asked as she stepped out of her car.

“Kinda,” I laughed nervously.

“Kinda?” Emma asked looking at me.

“Yeah I’m good it’s just Cheshire my little demon cat let Mr. Rabbit out of his pin and out the cat door he went,” I explained with a sigh.

“Well if you’d like tomorrow we can make missing flyers and post the around town. I can also help look with you when I’m off duty,” Emma said smiling.

“Yeah that would be great! I’ll open the tea shop late tomorrow and be at the Sheriff’s office early with a picture of Mr. Rabbit,” I smiled as I hugged Emma tightly.

“Woah, okay,” Emma said a little taken back as I let go of her.

“I’m sorry my animals just mean a lot to a little lonely person like me,” I said laughing lightly from embarrassment.

“Well I’ll see you tomorrow bright and early. Get some rest for the long day tomorrow,” She smiled walking back to her car as I walked back to my house.

Jefferson’s POV

I was laying across my couch waiting for my tea to boil. The teas always smelled delicious just like her, Alice. I get my weekly shipment of tea from her every sunday. She drops it off by my front door ringing the doorbell just to let me know it’s there. I want to see her but I am just not fully ready to stare at my beautiful wife who doesn’t have a clue who I am.

The teapot whistled telling me my sweet Almond Plum tea was ready. As I moved the tea over letting it cool slightly before pour it into my favorite tea cup I heard a thump against my door. I walked slowly over to the door looking through the peep hole cautiously. I saw nothing but the thumping continued, so I opened the door looking around until I noticed a white rabbit sitting on my door step.

“Mr. Rabbit?” I asked bending down to his level. It thumped as if to answer my question. “What are you doing here? Alice will be worried,” I told him carrying him inside my big home. The rabbit sniffed the air trying to tell me something. “Are you here because you want me to return to Alice?” I asked as he nodded his head. “Cheshire was the leader in this whole thing wasn’t he?” I asked placing him down on the couch. He nodded his head again laying down in a comfy spot.

I did give her that letter, maybe they are telling me she is remembering us, wonderland, Grace. I smiled lightly before bringing my tea up to my room.

Alice’s POV

I woke up bright and early throwing on a simple dress with leggings and a blazer to stay warm. I walked down to the station holding the picture in my hand. I walked into the room seeing Emma drinking some warm coffee as Graham laughed lightly. “Hello Emma,” I smiled as she waved at me.

“Do you want some coffee before we start hanging up flyers?” Emma asked placing her cup on the desk.

“Emma don’t you know she is a tea girl no coffee for her,” Graham said as he walked out of the station.

“Yeah, I’m not a big coffee drinker,” I smiled as she nodded.

“Okay, well do you have a picture of Mr. Rabbit?” She asked before I held out the picture to her.

“Alright I printed out 100 copies so I’ll take 50 and go down to the other side of town and start hanging up there you can start here and go towards your house,” Emma said as she handed me flyers and a staple gun.

“Okay, again thank you for helping me. I’ve just had Mr. Rabbit for so long he means a lot to me,” I smiled at her as we walked out the station.

“No problem, I hope we find him. Henry is going to help look also,” She added before getting in her car and driving away from the station.

I walked around stapling flyers to poles and handing out the flyers to people hope someone had seen Mr. Rabbit. As I walked closer to my store I noticed a man sitting on the bench next the the teashop holding a black top hat. He intrigued me, his clothing style was clean and nice. I could tell he had money, but why was he sitting in front of my store with a hat. Maybe he was buying tea for a fancy event or maybe a date with his lovely lady, a man that handsome can’t be single. I smiled thinking to myself how silly was I to think about the strange man but I am the curious one. I posted a flyer on another post before walking across the street to the man.

“Hello, excuse me sir?” I called out to him as he slowly lifted his head. His sad blue eyes struck me like a wave. He was devilishly handsome and I just couldn’t pull my eyes away from him.

“Yes,” his voice answered cutting through my thoughts.

“Oh um, are you looking to buy some tea from the store? I’m closed currently but I can open it up for you and so I can take a little break I’ve been posting up missing flyers for two hours now,” I smiled as his face seem to sadden even more.

“Tea would be nice, and I’m also here for another reason,” he told me as I unlocked the door and lead him inside.

“Well welcome to my wonderful Tea Shop of Wonders. I’ve never seen you around before, are you new to town like Emma?” I asked him filling up a tea pot with water. He didn’t answer me at first he just stood there staring at the glass case that holds my hat.

“Where did you get this?” He asked me a little surprised at the hat.

“I’m not really sure. I’ve had it for a long time, I’m not even sure if it’s mine. It is beautiful though and when I look at it or touch it I can’t help but get a happy feeling in my stomach like this hat means so much to me but there is this invisible barrier stopping me from know,” I told him as he looked over at me nodding slightly.

“To answer your question, I am not new here. You actually deliver tea to my house on a weekly basis I just don’t get out much,” he smiled such a pain filled smile and then realization hit me. J! The only J name I actually know Jefferson who I deliver tea to every Sunday. The man with the huge house.

“Jefferson correct?” I asked making sure that was his name.

“Yes, Jefferson Hatter. Nice to finally meet you in person Ms. Alice Liddell,” he bowed slightly as the tea signaled its ready but I didn’t move I just stared at him.

“J-J-Jefferson Hatter? How can this be. Two people here with names from Alice in Wonderland,” I spoke more to myself than Jefferson.”Did Henry put you up to this? Did he also make you write this letter?” I asked getting a little flustered as I pulled it out the drawer.

“You got my letter? I was afraid that waitress wasn’t going to give you something from a stranger,” he said a little relief slipping from his voice.

“Wait you wrote this of your own free will?” I asked in disbelief.

“Is it a crime to write a pretty girl a happy unbirthday car?” He asked with a smirk.

“No it’s just everyone gives me grief for being like the Alice from the story and I didn’t know if it was Henry trying to get me to accept his book and how this place is just a curse and were all real story book characters,” I explained picking at my dress a little.

“His book is real you know,” Jefferson spoke making me freeze in my steps. “I’m Hatter and you’re my Alice. That hat right there in that glass case I made that for you for our wedding Alice. We’re married and we have a beautiful daughter named Grace. I can’t sit here any longer and watch you and
Grace live a life without me!” He yelled his anger and sadness filling every word.

“Can you please leave my shop,” I whispered shaking lightly.

“I will, but before I got this showed up at my doorstep. cheshire let him out because it was time for you to learn who you are,” Jefferson said as he reached into his hat pulling out Mr. Rabbit. I grabbed him carefully as Jefferson stalked out of my shop. His words ran over and over in my head. I was scared and afraid. Was I going mad? Is he speaking the truth? What if I really am Alice of Legend.