Status: Writing!!

We're All Mad Here

Chapter 4

We’re All Mad Here

Chapter 4

Flashback Enchanted Forest

“Oh Alice this is so exciting,” Snow smiled as she worked on my hair.

“Yeah, I haven’t been to a wedding in so long. It is such an honor to be your bridesmaid,” Red said as she worked on my make up.

“Hatter is going to tear up when he sees you,” Snow said excitedly as she slipped the veil into my hair.

“Oh stop it you two, you’re going to make me blush,” I laughed. I stood up catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was in a blue dress like usual but this time it was long and elegant, hand sewn by Hatter himself along with the special hat he made me this outfit was perfect for my wedding.

“It’s time,” Charming said through the crack in the door.

“I’m getting married,” I said thinking of my Hatter. Snow and Red walked out being led by Charming and Grumpy. In front of them was Pinocchio, the ring barrier, and the fairies were spreading flowers over the walkway. I walked out last smiling brightly as the crowd stood up gasping as I walked towards Hatter. Hatter mouthed the words “You’re beautiful” to me when I stopped in front of him.

End of Flashback Storybrooke

I awoke from another dream this time it was of Alice and Hatter’s wedding. My mind ran over the wedding and the hat Alice wore. “That hat!” I yelled jumping out of bed and bolting down the stairs narrowly missing Cheshire's sleeping form. I reached the case pulling out the hat.

“Hey, alice,” Emma said as she walked through the door startling me. “I thought you never pull that out,” She said walking over to me from the door with Henry in tow.

“I just had a weird dream and this hat was i it,” I said placing it down on the table.

“Was it the wedding?” henry asked touching the hat delicately.

“How did you know that?” I asked looking down at his big smile.

“It’s in the book,” Henry said pulling it out of his bag.

“Everything is always in the book,” I sighed as he placed it on the counter opening the pages.

“See that’s you and this is Hatter,” Henry smiled pointing at the picture. “It says here that your wedding was just as celebrated as Snow White’s wedding. You were the girl from another world and he was the boy who could travel between them,” Henry read aloud. “I think you should really give him a chance. Your’s and Hatter’s tale is one of the saddest and he has really missed you and Grace,” Henry’s words made me smile if he felt it was necessary to talk to him I should.

“Oh, and Mary Margret told me to say hello to you and she wanted to know if you could bring her some tea down to the station,” Emma said catching me off guard.

“Yeah I can bring her favorites. I still can’t believe someone framed her for Kathryn Nolan’s murder,” I sighed looking down at the worried Henry. “Don’t worry Henry we won’t let anything happen to Mary Margaret. If we have to break walls down to prove her innocence we will.”

“I’m working on the case but someone went through a lot to frame her and they did a good job of it,” Emma explained.“You can’t do anything for now but I’m doing the best I can,” Emma’s voice spoke full of determination.

“Emma, we have to go before I’m late for school,” Henry spoke up look at the clocks on my back wall.

“Alright well I’ll keep you informed on the case and let you know if you can help, we will see you later,” Emma said as the left the store leaving me in silence.

“Cheshire whatever shall I do,” I sighed cleaning up the store. The day had pasted by slowly, little people had visited the shop and everyone was busy. After I closed up shop I grabbed my hat and placed it into my bag then my feet leisurely took my to Hatter’s front steps. His house loomed over my small frame as I stood in front of his door. I lifted my hand knocking on the door loudly. The door opened seconds later to Hatter’s stern face.

“Hey Hatter,” I smiled at him as he let me in.

“Are you going to run this time?” Ouch that stung a little.

“No. I never wanted to run but I had to, you see I’ve followed this darn rabbit here and now I can’t find him,” I joked.

“Yeah?” He questioned smiling at me. “Want some tea Alice?”

“I’d love some thank you,” I replied sitting down on his couch. “Hey, Hatter did you really make this?” I asked as I pulled the hat out of my bag.

“Yes, it was one of my favorite projects. It fit perfectly on your head and I never wanted you to take it off,” Hatter’s face showed pain and sadness as he handed me a cup of tea.

“Do you still have your hat?” I questioned sipping on the tea.

“No,” he said bluntly. “The Evil Queen has had it ever since she trapped me in Wonderland,” he finished sitting down next to me.

“Why did the Queen want us separated,” I inquired. Hatter didn’t answer just turned to look at me his face softened and his wrapped his arms around my fragile frame. “Hatter what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong you just said us. You are remembering who you are and soon enough we will be back together all of us. I just need Emma to make that happen,” he spoke his words seemed dark.

“What do you mean?” I asked trying to understand his crazed words.

“Emma is the only one who can send us home and I intend to make her do so. She will be here soon enough,” he voiced and as if like clockwork someone knocked on the door.