Photoshoots & Art Exhibits

One & Only Chapter

I enjoy the heat on my skin from the sun beaming through the large glass window, entering my photography studio. Holding a thin black hair tie in my hair mouth, I quickly redo my long hair into a messy bun, to get it out of my face. I tilt on head to the left and look towards the clock located on the wall. I sigh happily seeing it is 6pm, which means I only one more shoot to do before I can call it a night.

"Sorry I'm late, I got held up on set," a husky voice informs me as he enters the studio, the door shutting behind him.

Spinning around on my heels, I smile and reassure him, "It's fine, I completely understand."

"I'm Norman, not sure if you remember me," he introduces himself again, showing off his charming smile, while stretching his hand out.

I shake his hand and reply with a laugh, "How could I forget the guy who split coffee over me last time?!”

Scratching his neck as a cheeky smile plays on his lips, he apologises, "Yeah sorry bout that, although you were the one who turned around and stepped into me so...."

Licking over my lips, I shake my head at his remark. I was lucky enough last year to land a contract with The Walking Dead T.V show, for the promotional photography. Everyone to do with the show is extremely ecstatic with the popularity of the show as it enters season two. Thankfully, they were pleased with my work and I have signed on another two seasons.

Raising an eyebrow, I tilt my head and tease back with a smirk, “Yes, well I am still waiting for you to buy me a new dress. Not to mention, I only just got that bloody dress too!"

Holding his hands up in defence, he playful answers with a smirk, ”Well, If I recall, I did offer to buy ya a new one.”

I guide Norman to the white screen, instructing him to stand on the spot. I have completed most of the cast today, the rest are booked in for Monday. The photo shoot today is a simple one, natural looks wise and showing the actor’s relaxed and happy.

"Yeah yeah, how's your boy?" I ask as I take a practice shot, checking the light.

"Yeah, he's good. He is staying with me next week for a bit during his holidays," he informs me as I adjust the settings on the camera.I can’t fight my smile growing larger, seeing his soft side towards his son.

"Mingus?" I recall while pursing my lips, taking another shot to test my adjustments.

His eyes light up as he nods his head, obviously impressed with my remembering his son’s name. I bite down on my lip, fighting the large grin forming on my lips. We begin the photo shoot, taking all the angles the directors want and some extras to put forward. We continue to joke around, laughing and enjoying each others company; completely natural.

Looking at the time, I swear under my breathe. Apparently, loud enough for Norman to notice as he raises an eyebrow and asks, "You okay?"

Taking the camera off around my neck, I place it down next to my computer. I plug in the camera, transferring the photos onto the hard drive while I explain with a laugh, "This has gone just a wee bit over time, by like hour and a bit."

"You've got somewhere to be, like a date?" he asks curiously, watching me for my response.

Licking over my licks, I unplug my camera and begin to pack up my gear. I answer without looking over him, "Not really a date, unless you count going to a friend's art gallery exhibition a date?"

"Wait, what's your friend's name?" he enquires, causing me to look over at him.

"Johnny," I tell him with a smile.

Handing me some of my gear, he surprises me by saying, "I'm going to that, I've know Johnny for a few years now plus he is letting me show some of my pieces."

“Some of your pieces? You must be good, he doesn’t just let anyone do that,” I exclaimed impressed. “I guess I shall see you there," I try to flirt however I fail miserably as I trip over one of the stands next to me. Yet again, I curse under my breathe as blush spreads over my cheeks.

Laughing loudly, he offers, "Maybe I should pick you up? That way I will know you’ll get there safely."

“It’s a date,” I tease him before I write down my address and mobile number for him on a scrap piece of paper.

Image


I smile in success as I finish off my fishtail braid, I exit out of the youtube tutorial video then check for any messages on my phone. I get butterflies as a I see a message from Norman saying he is on his way. Taking a deep breathe and looking at my reflection in the mirror, I add the finishing touches to my make up. “You look great,” I tell myself, giving a little pep talk.

I make my way into my room, I grab my favourite pair of heels off the ground next to my closet and the jacket on the end of my bed. I jump as my phone alert goes off, indicating I have a message. I smile reading Norman’s message saying he is outside.

Putting my jacket on, I lock up behind me and walk towards Norman. I throw my head back as a laugh escapes my lips in shock, before me, Norman is sitting on a large motorcycle. He hands me a helmet with a wink and a smirk, and I get on the bike. I am hesitant but I don't want to embarrass myself in front of Norman. I decide to hop on the bike, pretending I know exactly what I am doing. However, I lose cool points as I hold on to him for dear life, while we zip through the traffic towards the art gallery.

We park the bike and I attempt to get off the bike gracefully in my heels. I hand my helmet to him, then attempt to fix my hair in the reflection of the shop window. Norman softly calls my name and I turn towards him. Standing in front of me, he pushes some hair behind my ear and assures me, "You look amazing."

Blush dances across my cheeks and I stare at him, the butterflies are going crazy due to him not moving his hand from the side of my face. Licking my lips, I quickly stare down at his lips, knowing I want nothing more than to taste his lips. He notes my desire which causes him to smirk. We begin to lean in towards one another, however we are interrupted.

"You made it!" Johnny yells out, walk towards us.

I pull away and look over at Johnny, mentally cursing him for his crap timing. He smiles and pulls me into a bear hug. I return his smile as his strong cologne fills my nose and I tell him, "I wouldn't miss it for the world." Pulling away, Johnny and Norman shake heads start up a small conversation, mentioning how good each other’s pieces look.

Looking over at me, Johnny exclaims while shaking his head, "Wow, you look stunning. I swear it is times like this, I kick myself for letting you slip between my fingers."

Brushing it off, I reply with a shrug of the shoulder, "It's in the past Johnny, we have both moved forward.”

We all make our way inside, following behind Johnny. He excuses himself to go and interact with clients. I make my way through the crowd to look at the different pieces in the gallery and chatting with the other people attending. I become upset, noticing how Norman's behaviour has changed around me since we entered. He is not longer flirting or joking around any more, instead spent most of his time avoiding me.

“Of course, just text me and we can organise a photoshoot,” I tell a client of mine with a smile. I place a hand on her shoulder, seeing an opportunity to talk with Norman and excuse myself, “I’ll be back.”

Having enough of Norman’s odd behaviour, I decide I will be bold and just hit him up. At least that way, I know where I stand with him. Walking up to him, I grab his arm gently wanting his attention. When I have his attention, I ask him straight out, "Have I done something to upset you?"

Norman looks generally confused, he questions me back, “No! Why do you think that?"

Licking over my lips I blurt out, “You have gone from this flirtatious and sexy badass motorcycle man, who might I add just tried to kiss me earlier in the night to avoiding me. I just want to know what I have done?”

"Sexy badass?" he replies with a raised eyebrow and a deep chuckle, amusement playing on his face.

Blushing, I mumble, "That's not the point but yes."

Norman sighs heavily while he rubs his neck before explaining to me, “Look I’m sorry, it's just you're Johnny's ex. You're the one he is trying to impress tonight and hopefully get back together with.”

Shaking my head with a small laugh, I tell him honestly, "Like I said outside to Johnny, it's in the past. I have more than move on from him and that relationship. In fact I actually fancy someone else…”

Looking at me with curiosity playing in his eyes, he steps closer to me and closes the space between us before he asks, "Who?"

My breath catches up in my throat and my heart rate increases. ”Oh, you know just this sexy badass," I flirt, again shocking myself with how bold I am being. Yet, I roll with it.

Returning my boldness, instead of replying he kisses me, hard against my lips. I am thrilled as he deepens the kiss by slipping his tongue in my mouth. I happily kiss him back with just as much force and tongue, wrapping my arms around his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
An updated version of "Shit Happens". Still find this man very attractive!