All I Want for Christmas

1.

I walked into the house after a hard day at work.
"Hey Tay!"
"Hey B.P! Is Bollig home?" I asked Brandon Pirri.
Since he was a rookie and didn't have a place of his own yet we let him stay with us. He was honestly a great roommate and completely respected our few house rules.
"Yeah. I think he's finally fixing that shower head."
"Oh."
He noticed the worried look on my face. Brandon Bollig wasn't as good of a handy man as he thought he was.
"I can get Keith to come look at it when the two of you are gone sometime?"
"Thanks! I knew we kept you around for a reason."
He laughed.
I walked back to the bathroom to see Brandon standing in the shower fully clothed but completely soaked.
"Hey babe!"
"Taylor!" He turned his attention away from the shower head and to me. "I think I finally fixed this stupid thing."
"So you're done?"
"Yeah."
"Good. Get changed we have to go get our tree."
"I guess I did get a little wet."
"A little? You're soaked, love."
He laughed.
"I'll change but first I want a kiss."
"I'm not touching you until you're dry. I don't want to risk getting wet."
"Oh c'mon."
"No! Brandon, don't even think about it!"
He gave me a smirk and started to run toward me. I ran out of the bathroom and back to Pirri.
"Don't you track water through this house!"
"Fine! I'm changing!"
I turned to Pirri.
"He was soaked."
He laughed.
"We're going to get a Christmas tree. If you want to try to get Duncan here while we're gone."
"I'll call and see if he's free."
"I'd appreciate it. Just remember Bollig can't find out."
"You got it!"
"You gonna be home all night? You can help us decorate when we get back."
"I'm not sure. Shaw did say something about a movie or something at practice today."
"Okay."
"Come on, Bollig, we have to get there before all the good ones are gone!"
"I'm coming. Trust me, we will search every Christmas tree stand in Chicago until you find the tree you love." He said as he walked into the room.
"Of course we will." I said as I turned my back to the to guys to grab my gloves and hat. When I turned back around they were smirking at each other.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing. Come on. Let's go."
"Okay. See ya later, B.P.!"
"Bye, Tay!"
We walked outside into the snowy, freezing cold.
"Let's try not to take too long. My nose is already frozen." He said as we got in the car.
He drove us into downtown. The first stop was a dud. All the trees looked like they were pretty close to dead.
"I think my toes are going to fall off." He said as we got back into the car.
"You keep complaining and I'll push you into a snow bank."
He looked at me and stuck his tongue out. I smiled back at him. After a very short drive we were at our next stop.
"What about this one?"
"Too short."
"This one?"
"Too skinny."
"Really, Taylor?"
"It has to be perfect, Brandon, this is out first Christmas living together."
"Okay, okay, but we are so stopping for hot chocolate when we're done."
"Or we could go home and turn up the fireplace. I'll make us some hot chocolate and we can cuddle up on the couch and watch Christmas specials."
"That sounds a lot better than my plan. After we warm up we can start decorating the tree."
"Sounds perfect to me." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.
He grabbed my hand and as we continued to walk through the trees.
"Brandon, that one!" I said pointing to one he was standing next to.
"You sure?" He said as he walked to the other side.
"Yep!"
"Come look at this!"
I walked over to his side.
"What?"
"Right there." Said pointing to one of the branches.
On the branch was the prettiest diamond ring I had ever seen.
"Brandon...."
He grabbed the ring and got down on one knee.
"Taylor, I love you with all of my being and I can't imagine growing old without you. You are my world. Will you marry me?"
I was speechless all I could do was nod as the tears started to form in my eyes. His smile was the biggest I had ever seen it as he slipped the ring onto my finger.
"I love you so much!" He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
I pressed my lips to his.
"I love you too! More than you'll ever know!"
"Taylor?"
"Yeah?"
"This is what Pirri and I were smiling about. Oh and you don't have to get me anything for Christmas."
"Why?"
"Because all I wanted was you."