Status: In process

Desert Nightmare

Chapter 2

"Uh, excuse me. I'm looking for my parents, they're driving a green car. Have you seen them?"

"No." The gruff voice replied.

I'm totally getting somewhere with these people, Jack thought as he sighed dejectedly and looked around the small store. It was labeled Jim's All Purpose Store and the boy thought he could get some information from him, but instead just got a glare and a short response.

He didn't want to buy anything, so he just left without another word, stepping out into the harsh sunlight that was forced onto him. Jack didn't like it here, not at all. It was unbearably hot, there was fucking sand and dirt everywhere, and the towns people were rude as fuck.

Especially since the town itself was int he middle of nowhere.

There was a fence in between the motel and the store, it was closed but it looked like it could be easily opened. As Jack walked towards the fence he noticed some movement behind the fence, and when he reached his hands out, a large dog charged at the fence, growling at Jack fiercely.

He wasn't expecting it, so he ended up jumping back and tripping on his own feet before falling to the ground as the dog continued to bark at him. With a large sigh and a mumbled curse, Jack got back up and wondered what exactly he was going to do next. Who's dog even was this? The boy knew if he tried to get closer it might attack him, so he decided to stay away and explore the town more.

As he walked past the motel, he noticed another small building up ahead. It was gated around and on front in bold letters, it identified what type of building it was. The small town had a bar, which was something Jack wasn't expecting, because let's be honest, this town was run down and not many people were here to begin with, so it seemed odd they had a bar.

Jack opened the door slowly, letting the cool air wash over him slowly, welcoming it from the unwanted heat that engulfed his body by the sun outside. As the boy looked around, slightly squinting because of the change of light, he spotted one other person in the room. They were playing pool, alone.

The boy made his way over, leaning on the table as he locked eyes with the stranger. To be honest, this stranger was anything but hard on the eyes, Jack just couldn't stop his roaming eyes because damn, if boys like this always exist in deserted place, he should get lost more often. What with the other boy's honey eyes and matching hair that fell over to the side of his face perfectly which was also ruffled up in a way that reminded Jack of his own, the boy couldn't help but internally swoon.

"Hi." Jack all but sighed out as his eyes reached the stranger's eyes again.

"Yo."

Yeah okay, was this boy trying to kill him here? It was like Jack was another fourteen year old girl who dreamed about getting the bad boys and she finally got one. Jack was a giant sucker for bad boys and this stranger was right up his alley.

"So are you from this town?"

"No. I'm with my parents on some stupid trip," Jack felt kind of bad saying that, but he felt like he had to say it for some reason.

"I'm Jack, by the way." He quickly added.

"Alex."

Yeah Jack was practically melted onto the floor by this point, he almost didn't hear what Alex said next.

"I'm only here because the truck driver didn't want to bring me any further, he just dropped me off here and since it's in the middle of nowhere, I haven't been able to get out."

"Oh. Where were you trying to get to then?"

"I have no idea, maybe somewhere along the West Coast, maybe Oregon or Washington."

Yeah this Alex boy was trying to kill Jack over here, what with his smooth, deep voice and eloquent speech, like he practiced this in his head a million times.

"Now, what would you say if I invited you for a drink here this evening?"

"I'd uh, accept, I guess." Fuck Jack is starting to lose his cool and he knew that with a bit of drinks in his system, he's bound to fuck everything up with Alex, but he couldn't just decline.

"I have to keep looking around for my parents though, but there's a dog in the way of the gate I need to get through. You think you can get rid of it?" Jack asked.

Alex simply smirked at him. "I'll see what I can do."

---

When Alex said 'I'll see what I can do' Jack just expected him to not do anything about it and just do dirty things to the boy like he wanted, but no, Alex actually took care of the dog, banging on the gate and scaring it away. After the dog ran away, Alex turned towards Jack, offered a small smirk and a wink with a promise to seeing him tonight, and walked away, back towards the bar.

Jack already knew he was going to be absolutely fucked by the end of this, good and bad.