Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Chapter 1

Hunter and Cody have got to be my best friends in the entire world, well except for Susie. Susie is my best girl friend. Hunter and Cody are my best guy friends. I don’t know why though. They annoy the heck out of me and they’re guys. I’m more of a tomboy than a girly girl, which is why I like to hang out with Hunter and Cody more than Susie, Susie’s great to talk to about stuff that I can’t talk to the guys about because they wouldn’t give a shit. Believe me. But spending too much time with just Susie is really annoying because she acts way to girly and stuff sometimes.

Hunter and I have been best friends since about the first grade. Our friendship isn’t always the greatest since he’s a guy and always says something stupid. But he is my best bud. Hunter and Cody became friends early in the fifth grade. With the amount of time that Hunter was spending with Cody, Cody and I quickly became friends too. Cody understands girls a lot more than Hunter does. You would think that after having a girl as a friend for five years, Hunter would understand them more but he doesn’t. Cody is a lot nicer and sympathetic to me. It might be because he understands girls more or because he just didn’t know me as long as Hunter and wasn’t as comfortable with me. But now years later I’ve learn that he’s just a really nice guy.

Susie and I started hanging out in the seventh grade. When I found out that a girl does need a friend that isn’t a disgusting guy. I usually hang out with Susie and the guys separately but sometimes Susie tags along with us. We were just starting high school tomorrow. Susie and I were picking out clothes to wear for the first day of school. I suck at picking out clothes which is why it’s good that I have Susie. She could match the perfect set of clothes for anyone and make then look their best. I usually didn’t dress up to much. I never wore makeup and I just quickly brushed my hair. Susie knew if she picked something too complicated to wear I would complain. She picked out a simple t shirt and jeans for me, which I loved. I never wore anything but jeans and a t shirt. Susie however was going to wear a short skirt and a thin shirt.

Susie was spending the night tonight so we could walk to school together. I didn’t live far from the school, probably a five minute walk. Hunter lived right next door to me and Cody lived somewhere else somewhere near Susie I think. We didn’t stay up late so we could be ready in the morning. But all the time we were awake, we talked about what we thought high school was going to be like.

“I can’t wait for all the drama and the boys. I hope I meet a guy,” Susie said starting to faze out.

“I just want to make it through high school with as little trouble as possible,” I said. I hated drama unlike Susie who seemed to thrive off it.

“Come on Jessica, what’s high school without some boy drama?”

“A peaceful, un-stressful experience.”

“You’re no fun at all. It’s always work, work, work. Unless you’re with Hunter and Cody.”

“School not meant to be fun. You are supposed to work and get good grades.”

“Yeah but you need to chill. You need to meet a boy that isn’t a friend but more.”

“I don’t need a boyfriend.” Susie always had some fantasy. She couldn’t let me be me and alone.

“You so do. That is going to be my mission in high school to find you and me a man.”

I rolled my eyes “We should get to bed we have school tomorrow.”

I set my alarm for five in the morning and turned off the light. Eventually we both fell asleep. I was anxious all night. I was starting high school. I knew no matter how much I didn’t want drama it might creep up on me anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an old story I started writing years ago. I'm trying to edit it some because I'm working on the sequel. I thought I'd put it up on here to get some feedback on it.