Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Winter Fun

When I woke up on Christmas morning I was still on the couch. I was surprised to see Hunter on the other couch. He must have spent the night. I looked under the tree and saw presents of all shapes and sizes. Most of them were small and there weren’t many of them. I wanted to rip them open right then and there but knew I couldn’t. I had to wait for my parents and Hunter. I couldn’t wait for them to wake up themselves so I took it upon myself to wake them up so we could open presents. I decided to wake up Hunter first since he was right there. I went over to the couch he was sitting on and screamed in his ear.

“Wake up, Hunter. It’s Christmas.” He moved a little but didn’t wake up. “You better wake up before I come back downstairs… or else.” After I threatened Hunter, I went upstairs to get my parents. They were a lot easier to get up than Hunter. I simply told them to wake up and they were getting out of bed to come downstairs. I ran back down the stairs as my parents slowly followed me. Hunter was still lying on the couch. I told him had to wake up already. I got up on top of the couch and jumped up and down on it a few times. Then when he was still sleeping I got between him and the couch and tried to push him of but he was really heavy. I couldn’t seem to move him no matter how hard I pushed.

“Come on Hunter. Get up. You stupid, heavy, lazy ass.”

He finally responded, “Will you stop it already?”

“I will if you get up already so I can open my presents.”

“Fine just stop pushing me,” he said and sat up on the couch and stretched.

“Fine.” I stopped pushing Hunter and went under the tree to grab my presents. Christmas was when I got all of the good presents from my parents.

My parents took a seat on the loveseat and Hunter stayed half asleep on the couch he had been sleeping on. I grabbed the first present I saw under the tree and ripped it open. It was a book. It was an okay present I had wanted to the read the book but I was a bit disappointed. As I opened the rest of the presents under the tree I found them to be a bit boring. I got clothes and pens and other little odds and ends. I didn’t get anything really big or expensive. There were only a couple more presents under the tree but they were for Hunter. I grabbed them and handed them to Hunter. He opened them. My parents had gotten him two games for his wii. I couldn’t believe it my parents got Hunter two video games and got me crap. They spent all their money on my best friend instead of on their own daughter.

Hunter said, “Thank you.” While I sat there in shock.

My dad got up to make breakfast. We always had a big breakfast on Christmas. My mom went to take a shower. I sat on the couch next to Hunter.

“I can’t believe this,” I said.

“What?” Obviously Hunter didn’t get it.

“Did you not see what just happened?” I questioned.

“No what happened?” Hunter looked at me confused.

“They got you two video games and all I got was clothes and books.”

“So, they like me better.” Hunter smirked at me.

“Yeah better than their own flesh and blood.” I shook my head. I just couldn’t believe it. Hunter and I watched TV until breakfast was ready. We all sat down at the table and began to eat our breakfast. My dad had made scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, toast, and pancakes. I grabbed some eggs, a slice of French toast and regular toast, and some pancakes. Hunter grabbed some of everything like usual. Hunter had orange juice and I had milk.

After breakfast my parents got huge smiles on their faces and my mom left the room. I was a bit confused. She came back with two presents. One small and the other one big. Now I smiled. My mom handed me the presents and I opened the small one first. I couldn’t believe it. They had gotten me and Ipod touch. They didn’t like Hunter better than me. Yes. I then opened the big one and saw a two person sled. It looked like it would go really fast. I couldn’t wait to try it on the huge hill in the park. I said thank you.

We spent the rest of the day watching TV together and lounging around. I played with my Ipod touch and downloaded some of my music onto it. When the day was over with Hunter went home with his new video games. I was hooked on my Ipod, messing around with it seeing what I could do. When it got really late I fell asleep with my Ipod by my bed.
I woke up and I decided to go over to Hunter’s with my Ipod. I quickly got dressed and headed to Hunter’s. I knocked on Hunter’s door and let myself in. I walked up to his bedroom and found him sleeping, like always. He sure likes to sleep; it was past noon already.
I decided to not disturb him for once and try out the video games my parents had gotten him. I put the disk in his wii that was already hooked up to the TV in his room. I played with his wii for about an hour and he still hadn’t woken up. So I switched to another game, a racing game. I waited for the game to start. My car sped off when the screen flashed go and I was taking the lead. I got into first place and was doing good until the turn where I spun out, taking me from first to last place. I always suck at games like this and they made me really mad, so of course, I started swearing at the game.

“!@#$$%^&*&@!!$!” I tried to regain my lead but I couldn’t seem to catch up I kept spinning out. I was really pissed at the game. So I screamed, “Stupid, idiotic, !#%$@^&, &^$%$# game.” I had forgotten that Hunter was still in the room, sleeping.

But he wasn’t anymore as he said, “What the hell are you doing screaming?” He rose from the bed stretching and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“This game is being stupid. I was in first place and then all of a sudden I’m stuck in last place,” I explained.

“What were you doing in my room, playing my game?” He asked.

“I came over here to see if you wanted to hang out but of course you were sleeping. So I decided to play the games that my parents got you for Christmas.”

“Great.Whatever.” Hunter shrugged the topic away and went to a new one.

“So what do you want to do today?” He asked.

“I was thinking that we could go sledding with my new sled,” I said.

“Cool.”

I went to get my sled and to get dressed to be outside in the snow. I went up to my room and looked through my closet trying to find my snow pants. After tearing up my whole room and not finding anything that I needed to go outside, I went downstairs to ask my mom if she knew where my stuff was.

“Mom do you know where my snow pants and stuff are?”

“Did you check your room?” she said.

“Yeah they weren’t there and I need them,” I said getting a little upset.

“Okay let me look down cellar. I may have put them down there for the summer.” She got up to go downstairs.

“Well hurry up,” I said following her down the stairs to the cold basement. She started pulling out storage bins and looking through them till she found my snow pants finally at the bottom of one.

“I still need my hat, gloves, and jacket.” I told her.

“Okay. I think I put those in the blue storage bin,” she said as she pulled the blue bin towards her and started looking through it. As she was rummaging through it, I spotted my hat and gloves so I reached in and grabbed them. “Thanks mom. Where’s my coat?” I asked.

“It should be upstairs in the coat closet,” she said.

“Great. Thanks.” I ran up the stairs to the coat closet and looked through all the coats to find my winter jacket.

My mom came up the stair when I found my jacket and asked, “Where are you going, anyways?”

“I’m going to go sledding with Hunter at the park probably. We’re going to try out my new sled,” I replied.

“Okay. Have a good time,” she said going back to whatever she was doing before she helped me look for my things. I quickly got dressed slipping on my snow pants, gloves, jacket, and hat then running out the door to meet Hunter. I ran into Hunter’s house finding him on the couch ready to go.

“What took you so long?” He said getting up off the couch.

“I had to find my things.” Hunter grabbed his snowboard as we headed out of his house and I realized I forgot my sled.

“Oh man I forgot my sled. Wait one second.” I ran next door and grabbed my new sled and Hunter and I were off to the park.

There weren’t a lot of people there surprisingly. We went over to one side of the hill were nobody was and Hunter strapped into his snowboard. He went down no problem, not falling down at all. Then he came back up and set his snowboard down. He went down to the middle of the hill and started making a jump. He always needed to have a jump or two. He’d go down and then change the jump up making it bigger, adding more jumps and bumps just to keep it interesting. I got ready to test out my sled I put it on the top of the hill lining it up with Hunter’s jump. As I was getting on and getting a hold of the sled, Hunter pushed me down the hill without any warning. I picked up speed and went over the jump, falling off the sled before it touched the ground again. My sled kept going without me till it hit the snow bank way at the very bottom of the hill. I walked to get my sled and then walked up the hill with it ready to get even with Hunter.

“What did you do that for?” I asked him when I reached the top.

“I thought it would be funny. And it was seeing you fall off like that,” he said laughing. I grabbed some snow and made a snowball and chucked it right at his laughing face.

“Ha, in your face,” I said cracking up as Hunter remained silent with a smirk on his face.

He grabbed some snow and chucked it at me. We started having a snow ball fight, running around the park. Every time I chucked one at him he would dodge it easily.

“You have sucky aim,” Hunter yelled to me.

“Oh yeah,” I said making a snow ball to chuck at him.

“Yeah,” he said. I threw the snow ball and totally missed him.

“I told ya,” he said smirking at me.

“You suck,” I said pouting. I ran up to the top of the hill and he followed.

“I want to use your sled now,” he said.

“You can’t, I’m using it.”

“Come on, you can use my snow board,” he said handing it to me.

“Don’t you remember what happened last time I tried to use your snowboard?” I asked.

“Yeah, it was freaking hilarious. You kept falling down every two seconds.”

“I’m not using your snowboard,” I said sitting down in the snow.

“Fine but I’m still using your sled.” He said getting on my sled. Before he got situated, I pushed him down the hill. I grinned. Ha how does he like it? He hit the jump, spun around, and landed still on the sled. Then he slid all the way till the snow bank stopped the sled. He got up, grabbed the sled, and stuck his tongue out at me. Stupid Hunter has to be so perfect. He got to the top and asked, “You want to both go on it now.”

“I guess so. I want to be in the front though.” I got on the front of the sled and Hunter got behind me his legs on each side on me. I held onto the handles of the sled as Hunter pushed us off. Instead of holding onto the handles he wrapped his arms around me. We gained a lot of speed as we hit the jump and I felt like we were going to fall off. We made it to the ground though, both still on the sled until we reached the snow bank. Instead of stopping us, we went through the snow bank, each of us falling off the sled. We both were covered in snow and decided to call it a day and go home.

When we got back home, we went into his house. I got out of my snow things and so did he. Hunter went into the kitchen to make himself some hot chocolate. Since I didn’t like hot chocolate, I went over to his couch and found a blanket to snuggle myself up in to get warm. I turned the TV on and Hunter came in and sat down beside me. He grabbed the blanket and put it on himself. “Hey I was using that,” I said.

“So, it’s my blanket and I’m cold,” he said.

“Well I’m cold too and I don’t have any hot chocolate to keep me warm like you do.”

“That’s only because you don’t like hot chocolate,” he countered.

“Then at least let me share the blanket.” I grabbed the blanket to put some over me but he pulled it away.

“Go get your own blanket,” he said smiling.

“Please, Hunter.”

“Fine…” I went to grab it but he said, “but you have to say ‘Hunter is awesomest, nicest person in the whole entire world’.”

“Fine. Hunter…”

He cut me off, “I wasn’t finished. You have to say ‘Hunter is the awesomest, nicest person in the whole entire world and he’s the hottest guy in the entire universe.’”

I scoffed, “There’s no way I’m saying that.”

“Why not you know it’s true,” he said smirking. “Besides you have to say it or else I won’t let you have the blanket.”

“Fine, Hunter is the awesomest, nicest person in the whole entire world and he’s not the hottest guy in the entire universe,” I said smirking.

“Now you don’t get the blanket. You were supposed to say I’m the hottest. Now say it,” he said.

“No I don’t need the blanket. I’m not cold anymore.”

“But you still have to say it,” Hhe said.

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do or else.”

“Or else what.”

“Or else I’m going to tickle you till you say it.” He threw the blanket aside and started tickling me.

“Not this again. Hunter stop,” I said laughing.

“Not until you say it,” he said continuing to tickle me.

I kept laughing, “No I’m not a liar.”

“That wouldn’t be a lie,” he said as he stopped tickling me.

I sprang up and ran up to his room as I yelled, “Yes it would and it got me to get away from you.” He ran after me. I got inside and tried to close his door but he was already there pushing the door open. He attacked me as I fell onto his bed and he got on top of me, resuming the tickling.

“Now say it,” he said laughing at my discomfort.

“No way.” I got out between laughs.

“Say it.” I couldn’t take it much longer so I gave up.

“Fine stop tickling me and I’ll say it.”

“I won’t stop until you say it,” he said still tickling me.

“I won’t say it till you stop,” I said.

“Fine.” He stopped tickling me but he had me pinned down on the bed so I couldn’t escape.

“Say it.”

“Hunter is the hottest guy in the entire universe.”

He got off of me and said, “Now was that so hard.”

“It was. Now I’m exhausted.” I said closing my eyes.

“No way,” Hunter yelled, “off of my bed you are not falling asleep on my bed.”

“I wouldn’t fall asleep on your bed,” I said yawning.

“Jessica, every time you’re on my bed you fall asleep,” he said, “Now get up.”

“No, it’s not my fault your bed is so comfortable,” I said starting to fall asleep.

“Come on, get up.” Hunter then pushed me off his bed and I fell to the floor.

“I can’t believe you just push me off your bed,” I said getting up off the floor.

“You were falling asleep,” he said justifying his actions.

“Fine, I’m going home I’m tired anyways. Bye,” I said walking out of his room.

“Bye, Jessica,” he said from his bed. I walked home and slowly made my way up the stairs to
my room. I had spent the entire day sledding with Hunter and I was dead tired. I crawled
into my own bed, which wasn’t as comfortable as Hunter’s, and fell asleep.