Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Video Game Weirdness

After we were done talking we went back over to Hunter’s house. Hunter and Cody were in Hunter’s room playing video games. Hunter was on his bed and Cody was on the floor in front of it. Their eyes were glued to the TV screen as we entered the room. I sat next to Hunter on the bed as Susie went and sat down next to Cody on the floor. They kept their eyes on the game the whole time, totally oblivious that we had entered the room at all. They yelled at the game every once and a while. I then looked at the game they were playing. I wasn’t sure exactly what it was called but they were walking around with guns in their hands and shooting the bad people. It was one of those stupid killing games that are no fun to watch and get boring after the first two seconds.

I sighed. “Stupid boys and their stupid video games.”

“I’m not stupid!” Hunter yelled as he shot some guy on the screen. “Did you see that I just shot that guy?” he said pointing to the screen. “Do you know how hard that is from this far away?”

“That was amazing. I can’t believe you shot him,” Cody said shocked and impressed.

“Like I said Stupid.”

Susie laughed and Cody smiled.

“It’s not stupid,” Hunter countered.

“Fine it’s not stupid but you’re stupid for playing it.” I don’t know what it is but arguing with Hunter is just fun and unavoidable. Maybe it’s like Susie says we argue because we like each other.

“I’m not stupid,” he said offended.

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“If I am then you like a stupid person, so there.” Hunter said sticking his tongue out at me so

I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Aww. Man, you just made me die. I hope you’re happy.” Hunter said as he waited for his guy to come back to life.

“Extremely.”

“Like I said Childish.” Susie added smiling and shaking her head.

Susie and I watched them play for a little bit.

Susie seemed to be fine with just sitting next to Cody leaning her head on his shoulder as he played the game. I got bored though. Watching them walking around and just killing people was no fun. So I decided I need to make my own fun. I poked Hunter’s shoulder. He didn’t respond. I poked him again and again and again. But he didn’t do anything at all. I sighed really loud. Then I started with the random shit.

“Hunter look out there’s a guy behind you.” I shouted yelling at the TV. I just happen to have screamed in his ear.

“Why are you yelling there’s no one behind me?” He said frustrated.

“Yeah there was, I saw it.”

“Then you are obviously blind.”

“Give me the controller.”

“Why?” He looked at me totally confused.

“I want to play.”

“Well you can’t,” he stated.

“Why not?”

“Because I said so,” he responded.

I grabbed the remote out of his hand and started playing.

“Hey that’s not fair,” Hunter whined.

“It’s totally fair.”

Then Hunter got a smirk on his face.

“Give me the controller back or else,” he said.

“Or else what?”

“Or else this…” Then Hunter’s lips came crashing down on mine leaving me stunned as he pulled the controller away from me.

“That was no fair.” I pouted.

“I thought it was.” Hunter said, continuing to play the game.

Susie was totally content with just watching Cody play and Cody was totally fine with Susie just sitting next to him. Hunter and I are far more complicated than that.

“Do you think this is fair?” I questioned as I brought my lips close to his face so he couldn’t see the TV. I slower inched toward his mouth bringing myself closer and closer to him and just as our lips were about to touch I grabbed the controller. Judging by the look on Hunter’s face he was shocked coming out of his own little fantasy world. I smiled victorious as I started to walk around in the game. I had no idea on what the controls were so I kept pressing random buttons. Then I ended up getting blown to bits so I threw the controller and yelled, “This game is so stupid.”

“Hey you just threw my controller.” Hunter yelled at me.

“Well duh the game was being stupid.” Cody and Susie laughed.

“Here.” I said getting up and retrieving the controller and giving it to Hunter.

Then I laid down on his bed and closed my eyes. I heard the gunshot from the game in the background and saw Susie curled up next to Cody and Hunter sitting on the edge of his bed. Both Cody and Hunter with controllers in their hand. My eyes slowly started fluttering closed and I was out like a light.

I woke up with the feeling that I was being watched. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. Nobody was there except for Hunter, who was looking down at me with a smile on his face.

“Finally!” He said.

“Finally what? Where did Susie and Cody go?” I asked.

“Susie and Cody left forever ago. I’ve been waiting for you to wake up for like ever,” he exclaimed. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Why didn’t you wake me then?”

“I don’t know. I didn’t want to disturb you.”

“This is really weird!” I said sitting up.

“What’s weird?” Hunter asked confused.

“I don’t know this.” I said pointing between us. “Since when do you not want to disturb me? It’s just weird when you act like this,” I explained.

“Is this weird?” he said as he leaned forward and gave me a long passionate kiss. My mind completely left me for a second and a smile crept onto my face.

“That’s not weird. I’m just not use to you acting like this is all. Not that I don’t enjoy it.”

Hunter smiled at me before pulling me out of bed.

“Let’s go do something.” He said as he started dragging me from his room.

“Go where? Do what?” I asked.

“You’ll see.” He said with a smirk. Oh no. What’s going to happen?

He started walking down the street. I still had no idea where we were going. He was dragging me along. We came up to the park and we went over to the bench and sat down.

“So why are we here?” I asked a bit confused.

“I don’t know. What else is there to do? I just think the park looks nice covered in snow.” He said staring ahead of him.

The sight of the park covered in snow was pretty. The way the snow sparkled and seemed to blanket the whole park was nice. And being here with Hunter was nice too. I remember when we came here to go sledding and now we were just sitting here enjoying the view instead of playing. It was a bit chilly out and the jacket I had on wasn’t keeping me warm enough so I snuggled up close to Hunter to keep warm. He didn’t seem to mind as he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer. We sat in comfortable silence just staring ahead as the sun starting going down.

“So we’re really going out?” I asked breaking the silence. “Like boyfriend and girlfriend?”

“Yeah. That’s what you want right?” he asked looking at me.

“Yeah it’s what you want too, right?”

“Of course.”

Then he leaned down and gave me kiss on the lips. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

“I can’t believe that we’re really going out. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be dating you,” I said to him.

“What’s wrong with dating me?” he asked with fake shock.

“Nothing. I just never thought of it.”

“Of course you never thought of dating me. Just keep denying it that all these years you secretly found me insanely sexy.” He boasted cockily.

“You sexy, ha, that’s funny.” I laughed.

“You know it’s true. Admit it.” He smiled.

“You keep thinking you’re sexy.”

“Because it’s true.”

“Okay.” I said kissing him quick.

“It is.”

“Okay. Let’s go I’m freezing.” We got up off the bench and started walking back hand in hand. Sure being with Hunter was a bit weird but it was totally what I wanted and I totally enjoyed being with him, so far.