Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Chapter 2

The alarm blared loudly as it woke me from my peaceful dream that I don’t remember. I shut it off and poked Susie. “Susie we have to get up. It’s the first day of school.”

Susie sprang up and ran to the shower. “Don’t forget your clothes,” I shouted after her.

“I’ll get them after I get out.” Susie screamed running to the bathroom. “You always use the hot water up when I spend the night.”

I rolled my eyes even though she couldn’t see. I screamed back to her, “You can take a shower first but you really should bring your clothes with you.”

“Fine” She walked into my room and grabbed her clothes. I raced to the bathroom door but Susie grabbed the back of my shirt and tripped me. She ran inside the bathroom and locked the door. “You thought that would work, ha, I beat you to it.” She screamed through the door. I got up off the floor and went into my room making sure I had everything for the first day of school. Then I headed downstairs for breakfast. I might use up the all the hot water but Susie will stay in the bathroom forever fixing her hair and makeup. I poured myself a bowl of cocoa puffs and sat down on the couch and turned on TV. No good shows are ever on in the morning.

After I finished my cereal, Susie still wasn’t out of the shower. I looked at the clock and it was almost six o’ clock. School started at seven so we didn’t have to leave until about six fifty. I decided to call Hunter up. I bet he hadn’t gotten out of bed yet. I dialed his cell phone and after ten rings he finally picked up. “Hello,” Hunter said sleepily into the phone.

“Hi, Hunter. You aren’t up yet are you.”

“No, we’ve been over this before I only need ten minutes to get ready. Five to eat breakfast and three to change my clothes and fix my hair.”

“But you still have two minutes after you do all that.” I said like I always do when we have this conversation.

“Right then I need two minutes to have this phone call with you,” he replied with his normal response.

“I thought I should call you, it is the first day of school and Susie is taking forever to get ready.”

“She’s a girl. Girl’s always take forever,” he said. I felt a bit offended but it was true a lot of girls took forever to get ready it only took me a half hour compared to Susie’s hour or longer.

“Well, bye then”

“Bye and thanks for waking me up so early.”

“Anytime.” I waited until he hung up the phone then I hung up. I looked at the clock. He is always over in ten minutes just to prove that he is right, which meant I had ten minutes to take a shower before he came. I ran upstairs and banged on the door. “Susie are you done I need to take a shower now.”

“Yeah I’ll be right out, one second.” I went into my room and grabbed my clothes and a towel. Susie came out of the bathroom and I went in. I turned on the shower, striped and got in. Eight minutes later I jumped out and dried off. I quickly put on my clothes when I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it was Hunter right on time. Hunter let himself in as usual and sat down on the couch watching TV. I grabbed my comb and started to brush my hair. Then I blow dried my hair and went downstairs.

“Hey, Hunter,” I said to him.

“I told you it only took me ten minutes,” he said to me.

“I know. It always takes you only ten minutes,” I said back to him.

“Every time I spend the night you guys seem to have the same conversation.” Susie said and it was true every day before school we would have the same conversation.

“We really need to stop having the same conversation,” I said to him.

“Then you should stop calling so early and waking me up,” he yelled.

I couldn’t help but smile. “But I like making you mad; it’s funny.”

“It’s not funny when you have to wake up early in the morning because somebody calls you.”

“Then you should turn your phone off.” It was fun messing with him.

“I did, remember, then you called the house phone and my parents got mad at me.” He always got so annoyed at this.

“Yeah that was funny.” I replied remembering that time.

“You guys argue too much.” Susie said after keeping her mouth shut the whole time.

“I don’t see how you guys are friends at all.” Susie never got how Hunter and I were friends. I’m not sure either. We just kind of were. I looked at the clock and saw we still had a few minutes before we had to leave. I sat on the couch next to Hunter. I was bored. I suddenly jumped up from the couch and into the kitchen. I looked at the counter and then I went into the living room and looked on all the tables.

“What are you looking for?” Susie asked me.

“My lunch money. I know I left it somewhere.” I was getting frustrated I couldn’t remember where I put it. Then I looked at Hunter and saw the smirk on his face.
I instantly knew where my money was.

“Hunter, give me my money,” I demanded.

“I don’t have it,” he said trying to look as innocent as possible.

“I know you have it. We have to get to school now anyways.” He always had to be so difficult.

“Why should I give it to you?” He asked smirking at me.

“Because it’s mine,” I stated.

“Stop being such a bully and just give it to her we have to go.” Susie came to my defense.

“Fine let’s go to school.” He started walking out my door. I grabbed my supplies and Susie and chased after him.

“Uh, hello, give me my money,” I said as I followed him.

“I don’t think I will.” He just kept walking to school.

“Hunter!” I whined. I reached into his pocket and felt the money. I grabbed it and was pulling it out when he grabbed my hand and ripped the money form my grasp.

“Hunter, come on. I need that for lunch.” I was desperate. While Hunter was looking at me Susie came up next to him and grabbed the money from his hands. Hunter was shocked. She handed it to me and I put it into my pocket.

“You guys are so childish,” she said to us. We had arrived at school and we met up with Cody.

“Man, what took you guys so long,” Cody said once we were close to him.

“Hunter stole my lunch money,” I said in a whiny voice.

“You stole her lunch money.” Cody said shaking his head. “You guys are so weird. Why do I hang out with you?”

“I ask myself the same question,” Susie said to Cody.

I rolled my eyes. “You guys love us that’s why.”

“Sure we do,” they both said.