Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Building Sandcastles

After we had all unloaded all of our stuff, we had to decide who was sleeping where. My parent’s got the master bedroom upstairs, my Uncle Jim and Paul were sleeping in the next room along with my Uncle Lou who would be taking the futon in there. The last room which was located downstairs was where the rest of us kids were staying which meant Hunter, Marisa, and me all got to share a room. I was told to share the bed with Marisa while Hunter got the floor.

I wasn’t too happy about having to share a bed with Marisa and I’m sure Marisa would have loved Hunter to be in the same bed as her. I would have loved to share a bed with Hunter instead of Marisa but that wouldn’t have been right in my parent’s eyes so poor Hunter had to sleep on the floor which I guess is way better than me sleeping on the floor.

Once the sleeping arrangements were all settled along with everyone’s belongings, we had dinner in the kitchen and decided what we were going to do tomorrow. We’d be here for three more days before we left to go back home. Tomorrow we all decided that we would head to the beach for the day since it was supposed to be sunny. Then have dinner at this fancy restaurant that we went to every year.

It was finally time for bed as we all said goodnight and went to our respective rooms. Hunter laid some blankets on the floor for himself and grabbed a pillow. “I can’t believe I have to sleep on the floor.”

“Yeah sucks to be you. Better you than me though.” I said which caused Marisa to scoff.

“Are you sure he’s your boyfriend?” she questioned.

“Yeah pretty sure. Last time I checked anyway he was my boyfriend.” I turned to Hunter.

“You’re still my boyfriend, right?”

“Yeah,” he replied.

“If he was my boyfriend I wouldn’t treat him like that,” Marisa said.

“I like it when she treats me like that, it’s all just for fun,” Hunter replied.

“Goodnight, Marisa. Goodnight, Hunter,” I said as I pulled my blanket up.

“Goodnight, Hunter,” Marisa said again not bother to say goodnight to me.

“Goodnight, Jessica. Goodnight, Marisa. Goodnight, Hunter,” Hunter replied before he thought about it, “Wait a minute? Never mind.”

Sharing a bed with Marisa is hard because she hogs the whole thing. I was pretty sure I was going to fall off the bed and land on Hunter. I did get some sleep and I managed not to fall onto Hunter although it might have been better to be sleeping on the floor with him.

In the morning we all gathered our things to head out to the beach. I placed a tank top and some shorts over my one piece bathing suit. I grabbed some extra clothes, a towel, and my flip flops to bring along in a bag. We each drove in our separate cars to the beach and unloaded everything on a free spot in the sand.

“Let’s go in the water first.” Hunter said as he stripped off his shirt and Marisa ogled it. I admit might have a bit too.

Marisa then followed with taking off her outer clothes to reveal her polka dot bikini. I took off my tank top and shorts to reveal my blue striped bathing suit. The adults stayed in the sand by our towels with Paul who was playing in the sand.

As we were walking to the water Marisa commented, “Nice bathing suit. You know it’s a one piece.”

Hunter gave me a smirk as I said, “I know. I can’t wear bikinis anymore.”

We swam around and walked in the water. Hunter splashing me as I splashed him back and Marisa shrieking every time water got in her face. When we were bored with that we came back to the towels finding Paul trying to build a sand castle.

I sat down beside him in the sand after drying off so I wasn’t wet and started to help him.
“Building a sand castle’s hard, huh?” I asked him. Paul nodded as the sand wouldn’t stay standing up.

“Do want me to help you?”

Paul shook his head up and down really fast.

“Hunter go fill this with some water, please.” I held the bucket out to Hunter who took it and went down to get some water.

“Here you go.” Hunter handed me the bucket and I started filling it with sand.

“Put sand in it till it reaches the top,” I told Paul as he helped me fill it up. Once it was all packed into the bucket we flipped it over and hit the sand out. Luckily it stayed put together. Paul smiled. I gave Hunter the bucket to fill with more water.

“Do you want to help Marisa?” I asked.

“No, I want to get a tan,” she said as she walked over to her towel and laid down.

We got a system going, Hunter went down to fill the bucket as Paul and I filled it with sand. A couple time they didn’t come out so great but once we got a few little hills we all dug a moat around it and filled it with water.

“I think it looks pretty good,” I stated once we were finished.

“Yeah, for maybe a five year old,” Hunter said.

“Paul is five.”

“Yeah he did a great job for his age but you should have done something so much better,”
Hunter said smirking.

“Yeah okay and you could of done any better?” I questioned.

“Yeah I could have.”

“No you couldn’t have.”

“Yeah I could.”

“No you couldn’t. You should have helped if you could have done it so much better.”

“I didn’t want you to be jealous of my awesome sand building abilities.”

“Yeah like that one time a couple years ago when you made that little mound of sand and thought it was the greatest thing ever and almost cried because I accidentally stepped on it.”

“I didn’t almost cry and it was great.”

“A huh, whatever you say.”

The rest of the day was fun. We got some ice cream and hot dogs for lunch and left a couple hours later for the restaurant.