Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Arcade Fun

The next day we went to an arcade. We walked in and all the sounds and flashing lights hit us. I don’t know who was more excited Paul or my Uncle Lou. Everyone got tokens and was let loose.

Marisa followed Hunter and I over to the skeeball machines. We all took a lane and put in a token to receive our balls. Marisa started complaining as soon as her second ball completely missed and only got the fewest points.

“I hate this game!” she exclaimed as yet another ball of hers missed. I laughed silently to myself as one of my ball made it into the 100 points spot. Marisa finished quickly and said, “I’m going to play something else this stupid game only gave me two tickets.” With that she was off in a huff and I couldn’t contain my laughter. Hunter smirked at me as he rolled his second to last ball. We soon finished playing skeeball, both getting more tickets than Marisa’s measly two.

“Where to now?” Hunter asked.

“Let’s go over there.” I pointed and we started walking in that direction. I noticed an air hockey
table and had to play it. “Let’s play air hockey.”

“Okay,” Hunter replied placing the tokens in.

“I’m totally going to beat you,” I boasted grabbing the puck.

“No way. I’m going to win. You don’t have a chance,” he replied proudly.

“Ha. I’m going to win.” I placed the puck down and hit it.

“No I’m going to win.” He hit the puck back and unfortunately it went into my goal.

“So you got one point. Big deal. I’m still going to win. Watch this.” I hit the puck at him. We continued back and forth until the score was tied at nine.

“Next goal wins.” I stated hitting the puck. We got into a rhythm of hitting it back and forth both of us determined not to lose. Hunter hit it really hard and I tried to block before it reached my goal but I accidently hit it into my own goal trying to block it.

“Ha, I win,” Hunter exclaimed.

“No fair,” I pouted. “You didn’t get it in. I did. That doesn’t count.”

“It so counts I won.”

“You did not,” I countered.

“I did too.”

“You did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not!”

“I did too. You’re just a sore loser. It’s okay I’m just amazingly talented.”

“Yeah so talented that you only won because I hit it into my own goal.”

“Whatever, let’s go play another game.” Hunter suggested and pulled me away from the air hockey table. We walked around the whole place playing various games. We ran into Paul and Uncle Jim, Uncle Lou, and Marisa as we flitted around from place to place.

Eventually we all had a bucket full of tickets to cash in. We went up to the prize counter to turn them in. Paul had the most, since Uncle Lou had given all of his to Paul. Paul picked out a small toy truck, some dinosaurs, parachute people, and lots of candy, that was sure to keep him jumping around.

Marisa was complaining about needing fifty more tickets to get the prize that she wanted. “I only need fifty more tickets and I could get it. It’s so unfair. Look at all the pointless things that Paul got.” None of the prizes really appealed to me so I gave the fifty she needed to her.

“Here, take fifty of mine then.” She happily took them and surprisingly thanked me.
With my left over tickets I got a punching balloon and a little popper. Hunter got a whoopee cushion. After the arcade we went to get lunch. After lunch we went shopping at one of the local malls. Marisa was in heaven as she flitted from store to store, wanting everything the clothing stores had to offer.

When we finally made it back from shopping, the place had shopping bags everywhere. Everyone had gotten a little something and Marisa had begged her way into getting quite a few shopping bags filled with things.

That night I couldn’t believe that we only had one more day in California. It was so beautiful and fun here but I really was ready to sleep in my own bed again and not have to share it bed-hog Marisa.
--

The last day of vacation was pretty much a free for all. Everyone just kind of did their own things. We all went to the beach for a little bit before all just relaxing around. Hunter tried to teach Paul how to play pool. He lifted Paul up so that he could better see the table and helped his little hands hold the pool stick. It was pretty cute. Paul managed to sink a few balls with Hunter’s help and the happy look on his face when one went in was priceless. He was just so elated when he made the first one in.

Before I knew it, vacation was over with and we were driving back home. I stuck once again in a car for hours on end bored. It was soon night time as we drove on. I was wearing Hunter’s hoodie and I leaned my head onto his shoulder besides mine. I yawned.

“Well that was a fun vacation,” I whispered.

“Yeah,” Hunter nodded. “I’m glad I got to go.” I smiled and closed my eyes and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

We arrived home not soon enough. We said bye to everyone, Uncle Jim, Uncle Lou, Marisa, and Paul. My muscles ached from being cramped in the car for so long. We had the fun task of getting everything out of the car and into the house. Despite it being the middle of the day and being inactive in the car I was still tired. I just wanted to go to sleep in my own bed. My parents both left soon after we arrived back home. Hunter stayed over at my house as we tried to figure out what to do before I fell asleep right there. We ended up watching tv and joking around. I managed to stay awake until he left to go back to his house. My parents weren’t back until after I had already fallen asleep.