Sequel: Best Friends for Life

Best Friends...Forever?

Junior Year

“I don’t want to go to this stupid thing.” I complained. Hunter was lounging on my bed I was scrunching my face up at the dress I’d have to wear.

“It won’t be so bad. You just sit there for a bit and then there’s food at the reception.”

“But I have to wear a stupid dress.” I collapsed beside him on my bed.

“You’re going to look so sexy in it. Not as sexy as me in my suit but really sexy.” He placed a kiss on my lips. I laughed and pushed him away.

“Let’s be egotistical.”

“It’s true. You won’t be able to take your eyes off me when I’m wearing my suit. You won’t even be thinking about your dad marrying Lena. You can just focus on my handsomeness.”

“I guess that wouldn’t be so bad.” I rolled over to straddle his waist, my hands running up under his shirt. His hands came to rest at my sides.

“It won’t be.” I leaned down and kissed him. My tongue slipping into his mouth.
--

I had just finished getting ready for my dad’s wedding. Hunter would be over soon to drive me to the venue. I really didn’t like the whole idea of my dad getting married to Lena but there wasn’t much that I could do about it. He’d been dating her for a few years now and she wasn’t so bad. Her kids weren’t so bad either.

“Let’s go!” Hunter shouted from downstairs. I met him downstairs. “I told you, you’d look sexy in that dress.” He kissed me.

“But you lied about you being sexy in that suit,” I teased.

“I’m sexy and you know it.” We walked out and got into his car.

“I’m not so sure about that.”

“You can deny it if you want but we both know it’s true. I’m just sexy as hell.”

Soon we arrived at the wedding. Hunter and I had seats in the front row. Lena’s sons, Tom and Billy were seated next to us. It was a long boring ceremony. Hunter’s hands discreetly coming to play with my own. It kept me entertained through the ceremony. I couldn’t have been happier than when it was over with and my dad and Lena kissed, not that I wanted to see that.

The reception followed. With amazing food and cake to die for. “Here have some cake.” Hunter held out a forkful of cake.

“I have my own cake you know.”

“It’s a wedding you’re supposed to feed each other.”

“I believe that’s only the bride and groom.” I told him.

I saw the smirk on his face and knew what was going to happen next. I didn’t even have time to react as he took some of his cake and smashed it into my face. “Is it only the bride and the groom that do that too?” He asked innocently as he started laughing.

“I’m going to kill you.” I picked up my plate and smashed the whole piece of cake at him. He was too busy laughing to move out of the way.

“That was not nice,” he pouted as he licked the cake from his face.

“You did it first meanie!” I wiped the cake from my face. “And that cake was good too.”

“I’ll go get some more. Unless you want to eat it off my face.” He leaned in and kissed me.

I pushed him away. “Go get me some more.” He laughed and got up to get me some
more. “Please.” I shouted as he walked away.
--

It was New Year’s eve and I was in Hunter’s room hanging out like we always do. It was hard to believe that it’s been two years since we first kissed.

“Remember two years ago what happened.” I mentioned to Hunter.

“Yes. I believe it went something like this.” He rolled over on top of me and leaned down to kiss me. I wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him closer to me as our tongues danced. It quickly got heated in the room as clothes started dropping off.

First his shirt then mine. Our pants quickly following suit until there was nothing between us but bare skin. “I don’t remember it happening quite like this.” I said as we pulled away breathing heavy.

“No. I believe it stopped awhile ago. Are you okay?” He asked concerned.

I nodded pulling him down for a kiss. “I’m okay. Are you?”

He laughed. “I’m more than okay.” He motioned down to his waist. “I’m ready to go if you are. I’ve got condoms.”

“I’m ready. Let’s do this.” He laughed and pulled out a condom from his nightstand. We didn’t end up seeing the ball drop to usher in 2011. We were too busy enjoying being with each other for the first time. After it was all over with we both collapse with an “I love you” as we fell asleep cuddling each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
One last chapter, their graduation for the epilogue and this story is done. I've already started writing a sequel too.