Status: Probably over-dramatic but fun to write, I hope you enjoy this.

***

Branching Out

*Josh P.O.V*

I roll over onto my back and let out a steady sigh, thinking about all that had happened in the past few months. Wow, déjà vu much. It was only a few months ago that I had laid here and thought about how Oli would never go for me and how I would probably never come to admitting my feelings to him. How wrong was I? Extremely wrong, that's how.

So much has happened; Oliver has been through so much. He's been through things that nobody deserves to go through. We have found out so much about each other too. I love him, I honestly do. He knows that I will never leave him...he trusts me enough to admit he loves me too. I will never let him slip under again.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I turn to see Oli with his eyes wide open, staring at me. ''How long have you been awake?'' I ask, prodding him lightly with my elbow. ''Long enough to take in how perfect you are.'' I blush at his comment before planting a light kiss on his forehead. ''We have school today. Go take a shower.'' I whispered, pushing him softly off the bed.

I watch as Oliver makes his way to the bathroom, closing the door gently behind him. Today was our first day back at school after about a month of not going. We would have missed so much and I know that a lot of hard work was gonna be involved to get our grades back up but I knew we could do it. I also found out how to stop Kellin, after the fight I went to the head teacher and told him everything. He told Kellin's parents and now he's being transferred to a new school, his parents couldn't believe that he would bully somebody, but they wouldn't allow it to continue. School was going to be a lot easier.

I watch Oli wonder back into the room, a towel wrapped around his waist. Walking up to him, I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before heading to the bathroom. I close the door and stand in front of the mirror. I had gotten a lot of sleep last night, Oli's arms keeping me safe from the darkness. So at least I didn't look like complete shit on my first day back. Stripping down to nothing I walk over to the shower and turn the water on before stepping in.

Before I knew it, Oliver was banging on the door. ''c'mon Josh, we are gonna be late for class if you don't hurry the fuck up.'' He shouted. I quickly made my way out of the shower, hastily pulling a towel over me before opening the door. I rushed around the room, pulling on clothes and throwing books into my bag, not really paying attention to what Oli was doing. It wasn't until about five minutes later than I paused, finding Oli sitting on my bed, on the verge of tears. ''Baby, what's wrong?'' I wrap my arms around him and pull him close, trying to sooth him.

''I'm really scared Josh, I don't want people to think of my any different by what has happened. I know they will all give me pitying looks or judge me for trying to end my life.'' His voice broke off to almost a whisper when he said the last part. I hugged him even tighter, knowing how much this still hurt him. ''Don't worry Oli, seriously. I will be there for you every step of the way, I always have been and I always will be. I promise. Now come on, we need to get to class.'' I pulled him up and brought him towards me once again. He let out one final sniff and I knew he would be okay. Taking his hand we grabbed our stuff and made our way to our first lesson.

~~~

We had just finished our fourth lesson for today and now it was lunch. Oliver hadn't been in this lesson with me but I knew he would come and find me in the canteen. However, I first had something else to do. Pulling out my phone I scroll through my contacts and clicked on four different names; Max, Chris, Matt and Dan. These were four of my very closest friends and I'm actually surprised that this thought hasn't even crossed my mind before. I add them all to a group chat and write a quick message. All of you meet me in the canteen now; I have something important to ask. I clicked send and walked took a seat in the far corner, waiting for them to turn up.

I didn't have to wait too long, Max and Chris showed up together. They were quickly followed by Dan and then finally Matt. ''Hey Josh, sup bro?'' Matt questioned as he sat down in the seat next to mine. I had a really good idea. I wanted to start a band with these four, I mean why not. We would all have a part in the band too, I could sing (oh yes how modest of me.) Dan was amazingly talented at drums, as was Matt, but on bass. Chris and Max were also brilliant on guitar. I seriously have no idea why this has never crossed any of our minds before.

''I think we should start a band,'' I started, looking up at them all. They were intent on me going on, so I continued. ''I think it would be pretty cool and you guys are all really good at what you do. We are all best mates...I just think it would be awesome, so what do you think?'' I draw a breath as I finish my question, waiting for somebody to say something. Suddenly Matt jumped up and let out a whoop, causing half of the canteen to turn around and stare. He sat down quickly, ''I've been wanting to do this for ages but I didn't know how to say it, I didn't know if any of you wanted too. I agree with Josh, I think this is a really good idea.'' He whispered, trying not to attract more attention.

Chris and Max had smiles on their faces and Dan nodded in agreement with Matt. I don't think I've smiled this wide in ages. This was going to be fucking brilliant.At that point Oli had come to join us, sitting down on the other side of me. ''What are you all so happy about?'' he questioned, chuckling at the smiles that everyone was bearing. ''We are gonna form a band!'' Matt said a little too excitedly, causing Oli to let out a loud laugh. ''What are you gonna call yourselves?'' He asked. I hadn't even thought about a name for our band. I looked around the table and everyone was staring at me. Then it hit me. ''You Me At Six.'' I said confidently. Looking over at the others for approval. They all nodded enthusiastically and that was it. This was the start of You Me At Six.