Balcony

1/1

She often wondered what would happen if someone jumped off the balcony. It wasn't too high of a jump, maybe 30 feet. Would it kill them? Would it break every bone in their body? Would they regret it? How would those beneath feel? Would they cry? Would they worry? What would they do? Would they think they were crazy? Would they find them suicidal?

She read once that people wonder about things because they want to know what would happen if the event occurred. All the while wondering what would happen if someone jumped, she secretly wondered what would happen if she did.

She wanted to die at times but she called herself a Believer. It was tragically ironic that she wondered suicidal thoughts while listening to a sermon. It was horrific that when seated in the front row, closest towards the edge of the balcony, that she had to hold herself back from jumping down below.

She wondered what it would feel like to walk to the edge of the balcony and stand there. Then she would take a step up and look down. People would gape at her, wondering what possessed her to do such a thing on God's Holy day. Those who knew her would surely think she lost her mind. Oh how the pharisees would be appalled at such behavior on God's Holy day.

She would stand on the edge mimicking Rose's pose from Titanic with her arms outstretched as if she were on the ship.

How ironic that she and Rose desired the same fate. However, Rose found a savior. She felt she herself wouldn't be so lucky.

She knew she was playing God by even thinking such thoughts. Her desire to die grew stronger each day and somehow she was still scared to death of dying.

Her attention turned from the pastor speaking to her father down below. He would surely be sad. His elder daughter throwing herself from the balcony. What would cause his daughter to do such a thing? Would his mind flash back to the razor left on his and her mother's bed?

Her attention then turned back to the pastor who was teaching on Job, God's chosen man. Job faced many tragedies that made the young girl who was a mere 22, feel horrible for tempting fate. He too though desired to die from everything he endured. Stricken animals, ten dead children, his unsupportive wife, even his physical health was being destroyed. Here she was, mostly healthy, pets and family members all alive, yet she wanted to die.

Who was she to take away God's creation? Who was she to desire to die when her body wasn't her own? Who was she… Who was she… That was what she wanted to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is roughly completed. I need to extend the ending, I'm just not sure how yet...