Status: Please enjoy this story!! I have tried to make it as closely related to the comics as I can..only because I can't stand it when people warp the character around completely. Ughh. But again, I do not own any of the characters...well, not the ones that are IN the comics. Comment and Like please!! <3

Not the Pyro I Know

Chapter 5 ( Pyro's P.O.V. )

" Man, I was so close to getting caught! So close to loosing my new job! But then I just flirted my way out of it...like a pro! " I leaned back in my chair, placing both hands behind my head. Avalanche was sitting across from me, rolling his eyes.

" Well Buddy, if you're really that great with the ladies, why don't you work your magic on her? " He nodded his head towards the couch were Rouge was sitting and reading a book. Was he crazy? I specifically remember Mystique warning me with her ' if you know what's best for you. ' threat. I shuddered at the memory.

" Are you crazy mate?! Mystique will kill me! " I whispered, keeping my voice low so as not to be heard by Rouge.

" Oh..so you're a chicken? " He wondered, tilting his head slightly. I leaned back in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. No, i'm not a chicken. I would just like to live a somewhat long and healthy life. Is that so bad?

" Hey Blob. We got ourselves a chicken! " He created a funnel over his mouth with his hands so as to make sure the whole entire room heard.

" Aww, don't worry bud. We have plenty of chances to drop you off at farm along the way to one of our missions. " Blob sat down in the seat next to Avalanche, elbowing him playfully. That was it! Nobody made fun of me and got away with it!

" Fine! I'll prove to you i'm no chicken! " I stood up quickly, knocking the chair down as I did so. I took a deep breath and made my way over to the seat next to rouge, nonchalantly placing a arm above and over her shoulders. She gave me a simple ' die ' look and went back to reading her book. Ouch.

" Ouch, love. If looks could kill..that one may just do the trick. But..if beauty could...well, everyone here would of been dead a LONG time ago. " I said, offering her a cheeky grin. No woman had ever been able to deny blushing at my advances. No woman besides Charlie....but never mind about her! It was my chance to woo over this stone hearted fox. But more importantly, show these blokes who was boss.

" Oh, well thank you kindly...Mr...? " She smiled at me, batting her eye lashes. Hook.

" John Allerdyce. " I leaned my face in closer , keeping my eyes glued to hers.

" John...that's cute. " She closed her book, setting it off to the side. Getting the girl's full attention : Check. Line.

" Thanks. Rouge is pretty...hot. " Her cheeks turned a little pink, allowing me to know I had her right where I wanted her. Sinker. With my lips inches from touching hers I decided to push all the thoughts and my conscious away. But right before our lips touched she smiled and shoved my face away, sending the worst pain I had ever felt in my entire life. What the..? I opened my eyes to find myself on the floor in front of the couch with everyone pointing and laughing at me.

" Oh God! It hurts! But it's so worth it! " Avalanche was close to falling out of his chair, clutching his stomach.

" Look, John. I appreciate the effort but...no thank you. I would like to say though, ' Welcome To the Brother Hood. ' " Rouge smiled over top of me, holding my lighter in one hand and a ball of fire in the other. How did she do that? I was the one who controlled fire...if they had her why did they need me. She threw the lighter on the couch and placed her glove back on. I was weary at first but accepted the hand she offered.

" What..how did you do that? " I asked, rubbing my head and pointing at her hand.

" Oh...you mean the fire manipulation? " She asked, turning around and pointing at the lighter, fake sarcasm in her voice.

" Yeah. That. " I said, extremely confused. I looked over at the other three members of the group as they all made their way to stand around us.

" Look, Fire Boy. My power is not the same as yours. But when I touch someone...anytime..I take in their aura, energy, powers..whatever you want to call it. " She grinned evilly, looking at everyone else besides me.

" Yeah, and it leaves a horrible kick. " Avalanche grinned, holding his hands up in defense as Rouge attempted to remove her glove yet again.

" I wasn't kidding girl. But my ability is as you know, to create earthquake like scenarios. It can come in real handy when we kick some X-men ass! " He pumped his fist in the air.

" Yeah...but your power is nothing compared to my raw strength and defense. I create my own gravity! Nothing can knock me down!" Blob, stood there, standing tall and erect.

" Yes. While I, Mr. Allerdyce, receive premonitions. Or as you know it as..seeing the future. Mystique believes it can come in really handy with predicting the enemies next move. My name is Destiny." A blind mutant woman I had never really noticed, who I suppose kept to herself, spoke softly and quickly.

" Well then..it's time we put all of our abilities to some good use. " I winked, looking at every one of them knowingly. One that I gave everyone...even myself..when I knew I was about to start some trouble.

" Wait, you never told us your name. " Lanche stopped me, making me think of something quick and on the spot. The freshest memory in my head was the one of Charlie walking away...I smirked, having the perfect idea.

" Pyro. "

So we suited up and headed out, ready to make tonight one that no person around would ever forget.

---------------------------------------------------------

I was running as fast as I possibly could, dragging my flame across the exterior of the old wooden building. I looked behind him at my accomplishment, waiting for the others to get to my side.

" Awesome! My turn! " Avalanche spoke, crouching down and placing both of his hands on the street in front of it. Seconds from the time his hands touched, the building started to shake.

" Wait! Hold on one minute! " Blob yelled, ripping the already rickety front door off of it's hinges and throwing it into a brick building across the street. He took a step inside, making his way to the center and standing there before offering us a huge thumbs up.

" Ok, You ready Buddy? " I asked Lanche, receiving a quick nod from him. I brought my flames up as high as they could possibly go, throwing them at full force towards the building, watching it envelop the building completely. Soon following, Lanche had made a circle of concrete around the house, shaking the burning pile of wood into nothingness. As the smoke cleared we stood there, waiting to see if Blob's story was entirely true. But, low and behold there he was standing in the center looking large and proud.

" Oh My God!! It worked!! " Lanche laughed, pulling me in for a choke hold. Blob stomped his way over, wrapping the both of us up in a big bear hug.

" Hanging out with you guys is going to be awesome! " He exclaimed, squeezing us tightly.

" Ok, well if your little man moment is over. Can we get out of here? The police are going to show up any minute. " Rouge walked over, Destiny by her side. As if on que the sirens went off.

" Well then, lets get out of here!. " I yelled, running and jumping over the closest fence I could find. Just like the good old days. But nothing had changed I guess. Besides the fact that I know have a great group of mutants like myself to spend time with. Yet...there was still a part of me that wanted to be the same as everyone else, that wanted to let go of all the evil powered stuff. I just didn't know how to let it all go.