Status: Please enjoy this story!! I have tried to make it as closely related to the comics as I can..only because I can't stand it when people warp the character around completely. Ughh. But again, I do not own any of the characters...well, not the ones that are IN the comics. Comment and Like please!! <3

Not the Pyro I Know

Chapter 7 ( Pyro's P.O.V. )

I stood there well after she left wondering what had just happened. I thought she liked me? Well, apparently she does but thinks i'm a slut. Which is wrong! Not that there aern't many ladies that want a piece of....ok. The fact is I really don't like any of them. I've slept with a total of two girls in my life and the first one was a brief relationship. I guess Charlie didn't really know me. I don't want to take her out for sex...that wouldn't of happened for a while. I mean, if she wanted it to. I was letting my mind wander, I needed to get back to work. But like Charlie had said there was nothing else I really needed to do.

I walked out the front entrance, putting my shades on as the light hit my face. It was pretty bright out here today. I followed my usual route to the brotherhood headquarters. Headquarters, as in an old abandoned apartment complex on the other side of town. I had to get there through the alleyways so as not to draw attention to myself. I counted how many fences I had to jump just to get to the back entrance. A total of 14. Well there's a benefit of being in shape. I think the other members were all at work, or whatever they did during the day. So at least i'd have the place to myself. I gave up the apartment I was going to rent since there was already a place I had to stay.

I broke through the back entrance, making my way down the corridor and towards the stairs. For the moment we all met at the old penthouse. It was the only room that still had a somewhat, working toilet. It took twelve flights of stairs to get there, and a leap over an awkwardly placed hole in the middle of the hallway. I lifted up part of the carpet across from the door, revealing a key. Mystique made sure the door stayed locked just in case anyone got an idea. I opened the door, throwing my bag on the couch. There was a connected bathroom, a single bathroom, and three bedrooms. The master room was used for weapons and uniforms, keeping them spaced properly and organized. The next biggest bedroom had computers and all sorts of technological gear in it. It seemed to be restocked every time I got back from work. Sadly, the last and smallest room had a few mattresses, pillows and blankets in it for the team to get at least their eight hours of required sleep. Which is exactly what I was going to do. I took a quick shower and hopped into bed, wanting to forget everything that happened today.

" Wakey Wakey Pyro!! We got a job to do! " I was woken up with Dominikos ( Avalanche ) and Freddie ( Blob ) both lifting my mattress above their heads.

" Whoa! Ok! Put me down! " I latched onto the mattress, not wanting to fall and bust my head open on the wooden floor. They did as I asked, setting me down on top of the table. I looked up to see Mystique standing in front of the door, the others gathered around her.

" Pyro. " She nodded towards me. I nodded back, straightening my shirt and standing up straight.

" I needed to talk to you about a man named Robert Kelly. Senator Robert Kelly. He's a very powerful man...but he has a few problems. He's created and supporting what is called ' The Mutant Control Act '. "

" What's that all about? I mean, what are they planning to do to ' control ' us? " Domonikos crossed his arms, getting a little frustrated about being controlled by someone. I understood his aggravation. I mean, who would honestly stand here, mutant or not, and let someone control their every move?

" If you let me finish...I will tell you. " She glared at him, making him tense slightly. Honestly, Mystique was probably the scariest woman I had ever met...besides Charlie. I grinned at the thought, causing Mystique to snap at me to pay attention. I cleared my throat, focusing my attention back on her.

" As I was saying. There is rumor of him funding and researching for something he likes to call Project : Wideawake. A plan to redesign and upgrade Sentinel robots. Do any of you know what those are? " She asked. I looked around the room, waiting for somebody to raise their hand. I think everyone was to afraid to answer, considering that even if they were right...they would probably be flung from this story's window. Rogue sighed heavily and raised her hand, knowing that no one else was going to. Sorry, but i'd like to keep my body intact.

" Yes Rogue? "

" The Sentinel Robots have been used to hunt down and hurt mutants. Whether or not they're good or evil. " Rogue stated quickly before looking down at her feet.

" Correct, and this plan of his involves mutants of all sorts...dying for NO. ABSOLUTE. REASON. " She emphasized on the last few words...scaring the absolute hell out of me. I looked around the room, seeing the complete terror and shock on everyone's faces.

" I'm not saying that now is the time we will act. All of you need to harness and strengthen your abilities first. Then...we'll make our move. " She smiled evilly.

Great. I was sure from then on out it was going to be a lot of hard work and no mercy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I settled down at the table at around 3 in the morning. I had work tomorrow and wanted to write a short story idea i'd had. I'm sure they'd be willing to put it in the magazine...maybe.

Hot.Desperate.Wanted.

He was Hot. Desperate. Wanted her more then anything he had 'ever' thought possible.

Ugh! Why couldn't I focus on something rather then? Lust!? I tangled my fingers in my hair wanting to rip it out along with my heart. I had never thought I would loose my mind over a girl. But why? What was so different about her? Well hell. I knew what was different about her.

Her breathtaking smile.

Her courage.

Her...everything.

Damn! I threw my paper across the room, remembering quickly I wasn't alone.

" You ok Buddy? " Domonikos stood in the doorway of the bedroom, rubbing his eyes.

" Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't stop thinking about.."

" A girl? Who is she? " He sat down in the chair next to me, resting his head on his hands.

" No. What are you?..How did you know? " I asked, picking up my work and sitting down next to him.

" It's obvious man. The way you look off into space and when someone tries to talk to you, you don't give a straight answer. Oh, and you have that look in your eye. " He stretched, smirking.

" The look? " I asked, curious at to what he was talking about.

" You don't know what the look is? Whenever you meet that certain girl and you can't stop thinking about her you get this sort of twinkle in your eyes. It's pretty emotional. " He nodded, serious.

" Really? How do you know all this?! "

" Because...I have a special lady myself. We've been dating for a year or so and..I think she's the one. " He leaned back in his chair, propping both feet on the table.

" The one..? " I knew nothing about girls and the whole love thing. I never thought I'd need to. I imagined myself going from place to place, hooking up with the next girl that came along. But I've already contradicted myself.

" The one girl that you want to spend forever with. The girl that makes you do stuff you never imagined you'd do. " He stood up, making his way back to the bedroom.

" What kind of stuff? "

" That's for you to decide man. " He entered the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

What did he mean that I needed to decide? Was there something that I was seeing that no other person was? Well, whatever it was could wait until tomorrow. I picked up my papers and put them back in their place then crawling into bed and drifting off to dreamland.