Status: Please enjoy this story!! I have tried to make it as closely related to the comics as I can..only because I can't stand it when people warp the character around completely. Ughh. But again, I do not own any of the characters...well, not the ones that are IN the comics. Comment and Like please!! <3

Not the Pyro I Know

Chapter 8 ( Charlie's P.O.V. )

I had just gotten home an hour ago, eaten a small dinner, and was now relaxing while watching some documentary on Pandas. Surprisingly, they could be pretty vicious. Who knew? I was halfway through a pint of Neapolitan ice cream when my father walked in my room.

" Charlotte? I have a question for you. " He sat down on my bed, placing both hands in his lap. What did I do? What didn't I do? It was very rare that he wanted to talk to me about anything besides work.

" Yes ? " I asked him, setting the ice cream down. I was nervous, and I'm sure he could tell.

" Honey, there is nothing to be worried about. I just have a surprise for you. Better yet, I think I'll have her ask you. " He said, standing up and away from the door. What? Was it some whore he was sleeping around with? If so, Mother was going to be very upset. As would I.

" Char!! I've missed you!! " My older sister ran into the room, arms spread out wide. I got up and gave her a hug. But not one that could match her bone crushing one. My sister Diana had been away at college, studying politics and cosmetology. The only reason she had been able to take cosmetology was by blinding my father with the politics. But then again, she was always able to get what she wanted. Our Father wasn't the only person who gave it to her either. All the men she came in contact with was willing. I mean : she's 26, studying at one of the most prestigious colleges, and had a rich father to pay all of her expenses. I rolled my eyes, ready to hear what Romeo she was shacking up with this week.

" Soo, Daddy flew me over here so I could personally ask you to accompany me to our winter cabin in Tennessee! I know it's far away but " She added emphasis to the word but, making me know something was up.

" But? " I asked, really not wanting to hear the answer.

" I need you to buy a really pretty dress and a ton of cute clothes because...I'M HAVING MY BACHELORETTE PARTY!! " She squealed, jumping up and down to wave a big rock in my face, I mean ring. But hey, with the size that thing was i'm sure everyone mistook it for a rock. Correction, boulder.

" You're getting married? Why isn't Dad coming? " I looked at my father with a look that said ' so, weaseled your way out of this one too? huh? '. He grinned, knowing the exact look. He had gotten his way out of going to court too. I wanted to know how he did it.

" Daddy's to busy with running the company and stuff. So, he volunteered you instead and I thought what an awesome idea!! " She smiled, wide.

" Well, maybe Daddy forgot, but I have to work too. Sorry. " I frowned.

" Now Charlotte, about that. I am going to pay you the whole two weeks you are gone. But, while you're away I want you to write me an article on your experience. So, i'll leave you two girls to pack. You leave in two days! " I could hear him say the last part from down the hall. That's it. He was so going to get it. For revenge he was getting laxatives put in his next batch of brownies.

" Sooo, lets pick out some clothes for you to bring! " She made her way over to my closet, looking over every piece of clothing I had. She made a face of pure disgust when she had finished. What? Was it bad that I didn't dress like her? A slut.

" What is it? "

" Well nothing you have in here screams ' girls nights out '. It's sad really. " Did she say girls nights out? Hell no. I probably wasn't even going to be going out once.

" Don't worry, I'll pick you up after work tomorrow and i'll take you shopping. Using Daddy's credit card of course. " She laughed, pulling me in front of the mirror. She lifted my hair up and down, touched my eyes and lips, then squeezed my cheeks. Great. Now I was going to need to take two showers. Maybe three.

" Hmm, maybe I can pick you during lunch instead. It will take long after your lunch break but you'll be back before close. I'm going to get you a hair, nail, and wax appointment. Don't worry honey, beauty takes time...and pain. Lots of pain. " She continued talking to herself as she walked out, probably going to call her fiance. I shuddered, laying down on the bed and continuing to eat my ice cream.

Every time she came around me I had to worry about her criticizing everything. From the way I dressed to the way I looked. We were sisters. We looked somewhat similar. Well, rather then the same nose and blue eyes..not so much. Her hair was dark like Father's and curly like father's too. Mom on the other hand had the straight blonde hair. Same as mine. I guess I didn't dress like a prostitute..I mean, woman. Because, I didn't really care at the moment. I had dreams of running my own paper..and nothing was going to keep me from that. Maybe John could even help me with it, write his dark Gothic short stories for it.

Wait! What? No! I promised myself..and him...I was not going to think of him like that! I finished my ice cream and set it down on my dresser. I needed to shower.

3 times. Definitely.

----------------------------------------------------------

I got to work about 20 minutes late, having to make brownies to take to sister's bachelorette party and for dad. Of course dad's were special. I took my time to bust out in laughter as I was left to ride the elevator alone. I hope mom didn't mix them up. How bad would that be? I entered my office, ready for a short, yet quick, day of work. I had been working for a few hours when I got a knock on my door. I knew it was Diana and I dreaded it.

" Come in. " I breathed, picking closing my file and getting out of the chair. To my surprise it wasn't my sister at all but John. The Pyro. He looked a little nervous, like it had taken him a lot of courage for him to come and talk to me. I held back a smile, loving his scared puppy look.

" Can I help you? " I asked, sitting back down and holding my hands together.

" Yeah. I was wondering if I could talk to you about something. " It better not be another attempt at asking me out, because if so..I was willing to slap him again.

" About? " I raised an eyebrow, daring him to say the wrong thing.

" Ok. Well I actually wanted to ask your opinion on something. There's this girl and.." There was a girl? Who was she? How did he know her? Stop!! Just help him and forget about it, its no concern to you. Before he could continue my sister flung open the door and posed in the door way.

" Are you ready to...oh, who is this? " She changed the subject. Thankfully, because I wasn't really keen on hearing one of the many possibilities. But then again, she was eyeing John. She looked from him to me, thinking something dirty in that filthy hole of a thing she calls a brain. Poor guy, she was going to eat him up. Yet, by the look in his eyes he was upset by her interruption.

" This..is me leaving. " He walked out of the room without saying another thing to either of us. Wow. What he wanted to talk about had to be pretty important.

" Rude. Well then, you ready to go? " She asked, strolling out of my office. I took in a deep breath and followed her. This day was going to be so much longer then it needed to be.

-----------------------------------------------------

She took me from beauty salon to shoe shop, from dress emporium to sexy casual, from salad bar and back to my work. No matter how quick it all seemed for her. It was living hell for me. I mean, yes, the waxing and nail mani pedi's hurt...BAD. But what probably hurt worst of all was her forcing me to try on over 70 different outfits and hear her comments. In the end I swear she had made me buy over 50 different articles of clothing for this trip alone. But I managed to learn something about her fiance too. His name is Brad Johnson and his father owns some humongous food store chain. He goes to the same school she does and is taking classes to become a successful lawyer. I swear she took twenty minutes to describe his hair. How can a girl get so wrapped up in a guy? Yeah, they're cute and all...but they can get pretty annoying.

With less then two minutes to closing she dropped me off and drove away. Why didn't she just take me home? I had about ten bags to carry with me and no one to help me. Not to mention I was dressed in a really skimpy outfit. So, lets just say I looked like perfect mugging material.

" Wow. " Pyro was sitting on the steps like always, hands in pockets. Did he wait for me?

" What? " I asked, looking around. He laughed and walked in front of me, eyeing the bags.

" Nothing. I just wanted to know which stores you put out of business. " I laughed, he probably wasn't wrong.

"Oh, it's nothing. My sister just bought me some stuff for her bachelorette party. " I shrugged, picking up four of the bags.

" Let me help. " He said, picking up the other six. As if they were nothing...

" Thanks, but my house is kind of far from here. " I said, turning my head down the street.

" So? Wearing that outfit..you shouldn't be walking alone. " He started walking in front of me, going in the direction I always went. Smart man, he remembered.

" Plus, we never got to finish our conversation earlier. " He said, looking at the ground as he walked.

" Oh yeah! About..a look? " I asked, not sure if I remembered everything correctly.

" Yeah. There's this girl and...my friend says that when I talk about her I have this certain look..I have no idea what he's talking about. " He smiled slightly, obviously intent on getting an answer.

" What else did your friend say? " I was curious to know more about this friend..and girl.

" He said that you only get that look when you talk about a certain girl. Like she's the most important person in your life. Have you ever seen me with some weird goofy look like that? " Weird, yes. Goofy, yes. Like that..? No.

" Well , explain this girl to me. What's she like? " I wanted to know more about her. Like what type of girl he wanted. To tell you the truth, I was a little jealous.

" Uh, well I don't know if there's many words that can describe her. She's beautiful, smart, talented. Oh, and don't forget...amazing. But, the thing that gets me most is that when I'm around her...I have to remind my self to breathe. " He looked at me, his hazel eyes more on the grey side. Ok. I was now EXTREMELY jealous.

" That's...wonderful. " I offered a small smile, not wanting to worry him.

" Are you alright? " He asked, following up my stairs to the front door and standing right behind me. Really? He wanted to know if I was ok after he told me all about another girl? Who did he think he was? One minute he's asking me out on a date and another...he's telling me about this girl that takes his breath away. I hate him so much!! I wish he would just leave!

" Charlie? " He set the bags down, placing his hands on my shoulders. The warm feeling I got would have to be ignored.

" No, i'm fine. Really! " I opened the front door and threw all the bags in.

" Goodnight. Pyro. " I spat in his face before slamming the door in it. I knew even talking to him was going to be a bad idea. That night I got no sleep. Even though I knew I was leaving on a plane the next morning. Luckily sleeping on the plane would get me away from my sister.