Status: Coming!

Almost Said It

Five

Gina kept trying to weave a conversation about James but I kept dodging anything she asked.

"Sam, you're barely eating right now. Talk to me"

I didn't want to talk about it, I wanted to eat, but my body wouldn't let me, my feelings wouldn't let me. My stomach wasn't sick from a hangover, it was in knots since I left the apartment.

I sighed, "He just frustrates me. He's got a girlfriend, but he doesn't want me dating anyone else. It's like he wants to date her but I don't know, he acts like he still has feelings for me. I'm so tired of being pulled back and forth."

"Maybe he does still have feelings for you"

"No, he wouldn't have broke it off. We would have tried to figure it out. I know him, we both agreed we didn't want this"

"You have been in love with him since you were a teenager and you guys have come and gone and you're even more in love with him than you were before. What if it was the same for him? What if his feelings didn't go away and he's hiding them like you"

I sighed, "Well why did he tell me he didn't anymore? He told me we were better as friends."

"I don't know. I'm not going to pretend I know what he's thinking, but I think you need to keep doing what you're doing. I know how you feel about him, but if he's like this and you're enjoying spending time with Matt, maybe you need to move on"

"He's just so close to Matt. I don't want to ruin that"

"Matt likes you, take advantage, see what happens"

I sat back casually, taking a bite of my bacon, "Yah I supposed you're right. He was a lot of fun"

"And you guys looked great!" She exclaimed, "It's a good thing you found him first or I would have snatched him up" she winked and I crumpled up my napkin and threw it at her, "Funny" I joked, "We're meeting later"

“Good start!” she replied, “What are you guys planning?”

I shrugged, “Not sure yet, maybe a coffee, a walk or a drive. I guess we’ll see what happens”

“Well I expect details as soon as you’re done”

“Well of course. As long as you pay for breakfast”

“Ooh, that’s low even for you”

I laughed, “Breakfast or details” I made a weight motion with my hands, “Your choice”

She sighed and shook her head, a smile tugging at her lips, “It’s a good thing their breakfasts are cheap”

We finished paying and walked back to the apartment building and luckily by the time I had gotten to my apartment, James had left. I was tired of his confrontations. There was no need of it anymore and I think space is what the two of us needs right now.

So I was talking to James, and he asked if he could join us tonight with Shayna. Is that okay?

I read the text, unable to believe my eyes. How was I supposed to say no?

Are you okay with that? I was hoping it could just be us, getting to know each other

He replied quickly.

It doesn’t matter. I guess Shayna really wants to meet you again, considering your James’ closest friend. We can always split from them later

I didn’t know what James was up to, or if he was even behind it.

This is James we’re talking about, of course he’s behind it.

Sure, it will be fun I guess. I’ll see you tonight

There was no more response after that and I felt like throwing my phone through the wall. I didn’t know what his plan was. Was he trying to get in between us? Keep an eye on us? He may have something in mind for tonight, but two can play that game.