Status: Active

Life After Death

Chapter 4

Johnny didn't know how long he stood there looking at Lydia. He couldn't believe she had actually decided to listen to him.

"Lydia, I'm Johnny." He said with a warm smile.

She said nothing she just stood there observing him.

"Anyway I don't know how but I want to help you if you'll let me." Johnny continued.

He got nervous she hadn't said anything. She just stood there looking at him with an unreadable expression.

He briefly wondered if she was an angry spirit. If she was plotting of a way to hurt him. Her quietness made him uneasy.

"I won't hurt you Johnny." A soft voice said.

He looked up to see Lydia with a small smile. He returned it. They were quiet for a few minutes.

"How can you help me?" Lydia asked breaking the silence.

"I haven't really thought about how but I'll try to." Johnny answered.

Lydia shook her head sadly and walked to the balcony.

"Wait!" Johnny said rushing forward. "Please don't go."

Lydia turned around after a couple of minutes she reentered the room.

"I don't understand how can you help me?" She asked.

"Maybe I can get your case to be reopened and have investigators to look into it more." Johnny said walking towards her.

"What year is it?" She asked.

"It's 2011." Johnny answered.

Lydia shook her head. "No one is gonna reopen a sixty-five year old murder case."

"Then I'll have to do my own investigation." Johnny said.

Lydia looked up and walked over to Johnny till she was standing right in front of him.

"Why do you want to help me?" She asked looking at him with curiosity.

"I want to help you cause you deserve justice and deserve to rest in peace." Johnny stammered at how close she was.

"You have a good heart." She said looking closely at him. "So why are you here?"

"On a vacation of sorts had to get away from some things." Johnny said. "Bernard just happened to give me the key to this room."

"Bernard." She said with a smile forming. "He's a very kind fellow."

"You know him?" Johnny asked confused.

"Not personally I've seen him around the hotel though." Lydia answered.

"You mean you can go other places?" Johnny asked.

"I'm limited to the hotel." Lydia said. "Since I died here my spirit is bound to the hotel in a sense."

"If you can anywhere in the hotel why do you recreate your death every night?" Johnny asked.

"I do it cause I keep thinking by recreating my death I'll finally go on to the next life." Lydia said looking at the balcony.

"I'm sorry." Johnny said his hand going right through her shoulder.

She turned and laughed at this.

"Forgot." Johnny said laughing with her.

"You look really strange." Lydia said eyeing his nose ring and flat Mohawk.

"Oh it's my Mohawk its a hairstyle." He explained to her.

"Is it for some kind of job you're doing?" She asked.

"I'm in a rock band I play bass guitar I guess you can call that a job." Johnny said.

"What's the name of your band?" She asked.

"Avenged Sevenfold." Johnny answered.

"That sounds familiar." Lydia said her face in concentration. "Is it from the bible?"

"You're 100% correct." Johnny said yawning slightly.

"You must get some sleep if you wish to help me." Lydia said.

Johnny nodded and walked to the bed. Getting in he looked up to see Lydia looking down at him floating.

"Goodnight Lydia." Johnny said.

"Night Johnny." Lydia replied.

Johnny eyes slowly closed his eyes the last he saw was of Lydia vanishing completely.