Status: Active

Life After Death

Chapter 7

Molly lead Johnny into her living room. The room was covered with pictures of herself in her, Lydia, and others in their early years.

She gestured for Johnny to sit. He sat in an old recliner chair.

"Anything to drink?" Molly asked.

"No thank you." Johnny said.

Molly sat on the couch. "So you said you've talked to Lydia?"

Johnny nodded.

"How so no one else has been able to do so." Molly said.

"Well I talked to her and listened to her." Johnny said.

Molly nodded. "What do you want to know?"

"Can you give me any names of people who might have wanted to hurt Lydia?" Johnny asked.

"I'll tell you what I told police that night." Molly said. "I can't think of anyone who wanted her dead but there are some who had grudges against her."

"Like who?" Johnny asked.

"One thing you might want to know is she left a string of broken hearts behind." Molly said.

"She did?" Johnny asked.

"Don't sound so surprised." Molly said. "She was a sweet girl but she wasn't an angel."

"She had a beautiful face and a great body and she would use that to get what she wanted." Molly said with disdain. "She was my friend but she was a slut."

"Anyway there was a fellow named Barry Matthews." She said. "He was a married tycoon she had an affair with for about four months."

"She told him to leave his wife for her." She said. "He was reluctant to do so at first but he eventually did then he found out Lydia had found another man."

Johnny sat in disbelief. He had felt sorry for Lydia but now with this information about her. He didn't know what to think about her.

"Next there was some bitch named Penny Malick." Molly said coughing harshly.

Johnny got up getting her a glass of water. Handing it to her she drank the entire glass.

"Thank you." Molly said giving him a genuine smile.

"Anyway Penny was up for some role in a musical for the lead." Molly said. "It was her and Lydia who were the last choices."

"Orignially the role was given to Penny then out of nowhere the director called her up saying he changed his mind and gave it to Lydia instead." Molly said.

"Penny was furious of course saying Lydia was fucking her way to stardom." Molly said sighing heavily. "I thought it was jealousy and defended Lydia until she told me she did in fact sleep with the director."

"Sounds like Lydia got around." Johnny said emotionless.

"That's putting it lightly." Molly said. "There was one last person." "Leading up to her death it appeared that Lydia had an unwanted admirer."

"We don't know who he was but he sent her flowers, cards all kinds of gifts." "She didn't recooperate his affections and feelings so he started threatening her." Molly said. "Saying that she would pay you know the usual old threats."

"Molly did you see who Lydia was last seen with that night?" Johnny asked.

Molly scrunched her face up rubbing her temples. "I'm old it's not gonna come to me fast."

"Take as much time as you need." Johnny said.

After about ten minutes Molly looked up.

"The guy looked like he was in his mid to early thirties, black hair, medium build looked like the kind if guy straight guys would go gay for." Molly said. "And that's all I can give you."

Johnny nodded getting up. "Thank you Molly for the information."

Molly got up walking him to the front door. "I'll call the hotel if I think of more information or you can just come down." "It's nice to have some company down here."

Johnny smiled and after bidding Molly goodbye he drove back to the hotel.

Entering he say Bernard looking through a comic. He looked up seeing Johnny approaching.

"What did you find out?" Bernard asked.

"Turns out Lydia had a reputation." Johnny said.

Bernard looked confused until Johnny told him what Molly said.

"Jesus." Bernard said. "When you learn all that as bad as it sounds she kinda brought it on herself."

Johnny nodded. "Molly also described to me the man she was last seen with." "She also told me before I left police couldn't locate this man afterwards."

"That means he fled right after murdering Lydia." Bernard said. "I'm sure she's waiting for you what are you gonna do?"

"I'm still gonna help her I just don't know what to think of her now." Johnny said.

Getting on the elevator he thought about the people Lydia had used. That's just despicable.

He stood looking at the door debating even going in. He sighed opening the door to find Lydia sitting on the bed.