Status: Active

Rose's Kiss

Prologue

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Zander, happy birthday to you. . .” What's the worst birthday gift you can think of? Underwear, socks, used condoms? Whatever your crazy minds can think of. Well how about death? Would dying on your birthday even be considered a gift? All I know is thats what my brother got for his birthday. Death. . .
I walk over to my bedroom mirror. Black lace dress, black heels, black hair bow, black jewelry, and fire engine red hair. “Seems like a good mix.” I think outloud. I hear three knocks on my door.
“Rosie, honey? Its time to go.”
“Yeah whatever, mom. I’ll be right down.” She closes the door, as I complete what was missing from my outfit. The silver ring my brother, Zander bought me for Christmas. I quickly put it on, and meet up with my family at our car. The ride was a total of 15 minutes. And the funeral lasted about two hours. There were probably over four-hundred people that came. I’m not so surprised though, Zander was always the town’s favorite little star.
I miss him. I miss him a lot. I guess so does everyone else, because his little new home is covered in flowers, decorated with candles, pictures, and notes written from love ones. I place a simple red rose on his grave. “Hey Zander.” I whispered. “Hows the afterlife going on? We all miss you so much, especially me. I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for always being there for me, standing up for me, being that shoulder to cry on, you get it . . . I love you. Goodbye. . .
When I get home, I change, wipe off my makeup, brush my teeth, and blah blah blah. I jump into bed, and snuggle under the covers. This is gonna be a long month. Again, my mom knock on my door
“Rosie? Are you ok? Do you need anything?” I sigh, I turn around on my bed and respond. . .
“Wake me up when “September Ends.””
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for any grammar/spelling errors. See how many song quotes you can spot! lucky you, the 1st on is easy.