Status: I thought of this in the shower. :)

Sorta Like Fate

Sorta Like Fate

Something’s are just destined to happen, aren't they?

Like when Gerard’s parents decided to move half way across the world to England. Gerard, of course, doesn't remember this, as he was only at the tender age of two.

You could also say it was fate that on Gerard’s tenth birthday, his mother invited their new next door neighbours to his party.

It was from then on that Gerard and Frank were inseparable. Where one went, the other followed. They stuck by each other. They were the best of friends.

Everything was perfect; Gerard had gotten through high school and had been at his job for a while now. Gerard loved his job, he had always wanted to make comics and when they accepted him, it was a dream come true.

Frank was also nearing the end of his high school education, year eleven, and was off to college the following year. Frank wanted to study music technology, as music had always been a huge passion of his.

It had been a long day for the pair, Gerard was hard working when it comes to his comics and Frank was just coming out of the long week of mock exams.

However, something had been bouncing around in Gerard’s mind all week. This was something he had hidden from Frank. Not that he wanted too, they told each other everything, but he just didn’t want to lose his best friend.

“Frank?”

“Yeah?”

“I need to tell you something.”

Gerard had rolled onto his side to get a better view of frank.

“Go on then.”

“Well, I, I-um”

“Spit it out, gee.” Frank had mumbled with a giggle.

“I’m gay...”

Little did Gerard know that Frank had been trying to figure out his own sexuality for a while now. Frank liked both girls and boys, but he had more of a preference for boys. He even thought Gerard was really attractive, and had to refrain from telling Gerard how hot he looked when he dyed his hair red.

“Were you scared to tell me?”

“I guess...”

“Why?”

“I thought you would hate me.”

“Gee! I’d never hate you, you are my best friend, and you always have been. Plus, homophobia is gay.” Frank had said with a wink.

A few tears later, Frank had finished college and was in a stable job and had a ‘stable’ relationship with a girl called Jamia.

Gerard couldn't help but be jealous, nor could he help the fact that he’s been falling for Frank, ever since he told Gerard he was bisexual.

Nonetheless, Frank wasn't happy with his relationship. Sure, Jamia was a beautiful, amazing and bubbly girl, but Frank’s heart was with one person and one person only. It always had been. He just couldn't tell them that. He also couldn't bring himself to leave Jamia, she loved him so much. It was even worse that he didn't know if that person felt the same way.

It had been Frank’s twentieth birthday. He didn't want anything big, so he had a small get-together with his friends. Frank’s birthday was on Halloween, so they all dressed up. Frank was the Joker and Gerard had come as skeleton.

The little gathering was in full swing. Frank was just ever-so-slightly tipsy and had resorted to making out with Jamia in the middle of the kitchen. Nobody was aware that frank was in fact imagining kissing Gerard whilst kissing Jamia. Yes, he should have felt bad, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

Gerard had had enough. He was sick of hiding his feelings from the boy he had come to love, much more than you would love a best friend. He hated hiding his feelings from Frank and how it made him feel like he was putting distance between them.

“Frank.”

“What?”

“I need to speak to you. Now.”

Gerard led frank to the back garden. It was chilly, it always was late October.

“I can’t do this anymore”

“Do what, Gee?”

“Frank!” Gerard had burst out, leaving Frank surprised.

“I love you Frank! I can’t sit around and watch you with Jamia, it hur-”

“Wait what?”

“I love you Frank. I’m sorry, so sorry that it has taken me this long to admit it to you. You just looked so happy with ja-”

Frank pressed his lips against Gerards. It was their first kiss. Even when they were younger and a lot more reckless, they had never kissed.

They both felt the sparks fly; it felt so natural, so...right.

“I love you too”

“Huh? What no. Frank you’re still with Jamia. Fuck!”

“I’m not happy with her, Gerard. It’s you; it has always been you, always. I've never been able to explain my feelings to you. I thought I could hide them away and they would go away. I thought if I dated someone else they would go. They never did.”

Little than a year later, Gerard and Frank were dating. It had taken Frank some time to adjust. He had let Jamia go, but it hadn't been a drama. She seemed to understand, anyone could see that Gerard and Frank are meant to be.

“Gerard, please.”

Small moans ran through the empty house piled high with cardboard boxes. This was a special moment for the pair. It wasn't a cheap, quick fuck. No, it was a typing that brought them closer than ever before. A chance to prove to the other that they could provide them with what they needed in this area.

“Frankie. Ngh, I’m close.”

It was special, romantic and sensual. They were making love. Gerard was gentle with Frank, he knew it was his first time receiving.

The next morning, the pair arose with smiles on their faces as they remembered the night before. They both knew that this was the start of something bigger.

The duo hadn't seen it coming. Their relationship was strong, they had been going for three years, but they were not prepared for what was going to happen next.

It was a bleak, snowy morning of January, but Gerard had slept close to Frank, ensuring warmth. The phone rang through the entire house.

“Sup?”

“Hey Gerard, it’s Mikey.”

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s dad. He’s passed away.”

Gerard didn't take the news well at all. He turned to drink and drugs and pushed everyone away, everyone except Frank. Frank was stubborn to stay.

There were nights where Frank would have to hold Gerard’s hair back, whilst he threw his guts up after coming back down from his unnatural high. Frank stuck by him through thick and thin, and although it was foggy, he was sure Gerard would come out of this a better man.

It had been a hard period in their relationship. Gerard was sick of being depressed, he missed his father so. One day, he decided enough was enough and overdosed, landing himself in hospital. After a scary few months, he came to and realised what he had put Frank through.

“Gee, I don’t know how much longer I can do this...”

“Frank, no! I love you! I will get better, I promise you. Please stay. Please. I need you, don’t let me go. I will get better for you!”

And Gerard stayed true to his words.

Gerard was fast approaching his twenty-ninth birthday. He had managed to get through the last six months. Frank never left his side and Gerard made progress. Sure, it was slow progress, but he got better.

Gerard wanted to surprise Frank. It was Frank that stood by his side no matter what. Gerard knew that if it were anyone else, they would have taken off in an instance. This only made the pair stronger.

“Close your eyes.”

“Geeeeeee.”

“Frank.”

“Right okay, okay fineee.”

Frank heard quiet rustling behind him as Gerard pulled out the Epiphone Elitist Les Paul.

“Open your eyes baby.”

Frank had squealed with delight. Yes, squealed. He thought it was the second most beautiful thing in the world, besides Gerard.

“Oh my fucking god.”

“You like it?”

“I fucking love it! Gerard! It even has an alpine white finish!”

Frank had been eyeing up the guitar for quite some time and Gerard wanted to thank him. He couldn't think of a better gift.

“I’m so going to call it pansy.”

Another three years had swiftly past. The two men had been together for a total of 7 years. Frank knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Gerard.

They had both come so far in the past couple years. Gerard had been sober for three years, he was going strong too. Frank had now become a music teacher, and he loved every second of it.

Frank had only wanted to plan part of this. He wanted it to be spontaneous, brilliant and beautiful. And that’s exactly what it was.

The sun had been shining all day and Frank had taken Gerard to a park. Being the big kid he was, Gerard was on the swings before Frank could stop him.

This was one of the reasons Frank loved Gerard. The pure child-like inside that he had, it was such a contrast to the hard, strong exterior that he held. Frank was the only person that Gerard had ever let his guard down for. He was the only person that understood everything about the boy, he knew him inside out.

Gerard sat up in the grass, slightly dizzy after being on a roundabout.

“Gerard, marry me?”

Frank had sprung it on Gerard, but it was perfect.

“Oh Frankie! I’d love too!”

Gerard began to cry at this point. They were tears of pure joy. He had never been this happy in his whole life, Frank made him this happy.

The wedding was forthcoming. Frank and Gerard had told their friends and family, both lots being extremely delighted.

Rings had been chosen, suits had been pressed, and the location was perfect. A beautiful manor house in the middle of masses of green fields and gardens.

It was early December, light snow frosting the ground.

The small crowd of people stood as Gerard made his way down the aisle. Tears from emotional faces fell from happy eyes as the saw the immense joy shared between the two men.

The ceremony went smoothly. Who would object to such a beautiful, romantic, joyous relationship?
Vows were exchanged.

“You may now kiss the groom.”

Cheers erupted as the couple shared the first kiss of their marriage.

You could see the clear and obvious happiness that sat so content in both pairs of eyes. They were perfect for each other.

Gerard insisted on having a reception and Frank was more than happy to oblige. They partied and had their first dance before sitting to eat.

Everybody started to take their seats. Gerard’s mum smiled at the name tags. ‘Gerard Iero-way’ and ‘Frank Iero-way’ were side by side.

Frank’s mum shortly joined her.

“Moving to England was the best decisions I've ever made. This was sorta like fate” she joked.

And how right she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the idea for this in the shower. It just struck me. I then spent the next couple hours writing it in my book and finished it just as I reached Manchester. I’m quite pleased with how this turned out actually, Enjoy.