Status: Hopefully coming back to life, no pun intended ;)

Narcissistic Cannibal

Prologue

“You got the invitations, Di?” The brunette was asked as she quickly walked to the '85 Camaro.

“Yup,” she spoke, jumping over the baby blue body, sliding into the backseat of the convertible as the engine started up, sputtering at first before it was revved loudly. “All four tickets too. I swear every year these parties get more and more organized.” She handed two of the tickets out, one to the petite blonde in the backseat next to her, and one to the girl in front of her in the passenger seat, her short black hair messily framing her pretty face. She kept one for herself, and one for the guy driving the car. The brunette then handed the other two girls their school ids, what they used to retrieve such invitations, again holding onto the drivers for him.

“So where are we going?” the girl in the passenger seat asked, braving the wind from the convertible to open up her invitation.

“There's no name, just the address,” Di spoke from the back, the blonde puling out her iPhone.

“Gimme the address, we'll check it out,” she suggested.

“Twelve-twenty Westchester place, Los Angeles nine-hundred nineteen,” the girl in the front looked back, after reading off the address printed boldly on the front of the invitation.

“Where am I goin' Cait?” the driver asked the girl behind him.

“Keep going straight, take a right on McCarthy then stay left,” she instructed.

“Did they just choose some unlucky asshole's house for the party?” the black-haired girl asked from the front seat, observing whatever little information was on the front of the invitation before turning it around and seeing a large orange dot, with the time "3:30 pm sharp" next to it, as well as a $0. There were three more colors underneath it, with much smaller dots and times; Green said "6pm $10 advanced", Blue said "8pm $6.00", and Purple said "10pm $4.00". The times and prices were usually chosen in a mixture of popularity and funds. The pricing was for funds to run the party, buy alcohol, and such. The reason the orange was free was because it was for people specifically chosen who helped organize the party, or those chosen to arrive early and help set up.

“They wouldn't do that. Someone always volunteers anyways, no matter how crazy the parties get,” Di replied, while Caitlin continued giving directions to the driver.

“We're orange?” The girl asked after receiving her answer, turning around in her seat, her short black hair flying around her head now.

“Pre-party. We're setting up, Sophie,” Di smiled happily, moving her blue streaked hair out of her face while it whipped around wildly in the wind.

“We're never orange, we're always green,” Caitlin spoke, after instructing the driver to turn down a more prestigious street of Mid-town LA, a part that held a ton of 1920's and 1930's houses.

“Your destination is on your right... you have arrived at your destination,” Caitlin's phone chimed, before she exited the navigation GPS, turning with the other three teenagers to stare at the house that was chosen for the high school Devil's Night party. The driver parked on the curb immediately outside of the house, a for sale sign hanging in front of them, the word reduced taped over the sign in red.

“We're partying in an empty house?” the guy asked, taking his keys out of the ignition, before jumping out of his car.

“Mayer!” Sophia called after him, before quickly getting out as well. “What are you doing?”

“I'm checking the place out,” he spoke casually, his hands stuffing into the pockets of his old leather jacket. Sophia ran up next to him, looping her arm through his, folding and stuffing her invitation into her jean's pocket.

Caitlin and Di quickly followed the couple across the slightly let go yard of the mansion they pulled up to. They followed Mayer's lead, up to the front door, and all four teenagers weren't surprised to find it locked.

“How are we supposed to party here on Devil's Night if we can't get in?” he asked, after jiggling the handle of the front door around.

“The instructions I got were to use the basement entrance. Whereever that is,” Di spoke, folding her arms over her chest

“Creepy,” Caitlin said from beside her, exchanging a worried but silent glance with Sophia.

“Let's go,” Mayer spoke, quickly puling his girlfriend along the side of the house, the four of them walking around the outside edge until they found a door. The lock and handle were broken and dangling on the wooden door, darkness engulfing the inside a it lead down to the basement.

“Mayer, really?” Sophia asked, pulling away from him as her boyfriend opened the door up, beginning to walk down the dark steps.

“Why not? There's not gonna be anyone down here,” he looked back with a devious smile, pulling out his smart phone and turning on the flashlight. The three girls left behind watched him descend before he disappeared at the bottom, walking out of sight.

“Come on,” Di spoke, copying what Mayer had done and turned on her phone light. Sophia and Caitlin, giving in and pushing their worry aside, also pulled out their phones, descending down the stairs into the basement after Di.

“Mayer?” Sophia called once they had reached solid ground, using her phone to scan the nearly empty basement.

“This is totally creepy,” Di spoke, still in front, doing the same observation with her phone. She continued on leading the girls around the basement, when out of the corner of Sophia's eye she noticed an out of place shadow. It was out of place simply because it was human shaped and moved quickly out of her sight when she looked in it's direction.

“Mayer, stop fucking around,” She spoke, leaving her friends to walk into the room where she saw the shadow disappear.

“Sophie, don't,” Caitlin whispered after before loosing her friend to the darkness.

Sophia walked into the room, now fully aware that her boyfriend was trying to scare her. “I'm not scared, I know what you're doing,” she spoke, sounding bored, looking around the room with her phone finding it empty besides a few pieces of old furniture.

Her phone dinged suddenly, her light turning off as she read on the touchscreen that she had less than 20% battery life left. “Shit,” she spoke, trying to use the dim screen as a back up flashlight but she could barely see two feet in front of her. Suddenly, she could see a ague darkness moving through darkness in front of her in opposite corner of the room.

“Mayer, stop it,” she gave up on her useless phone and folded her arms, staring blindly in front of her, where she had thought she had seen his shadow. Her stomach began to twist and writhe from her slowly building panic, no matter how calm she forced herself to be.

She heard a scuffing noise, the sound of a wooden chair dragging across concrete is if it had been kicked and she jumped. “Stop it,” Sophia scolded the darkness, not sure now if this was her boyfriend messing with her or not. She inhaled deeply after a second, hearing nothing but deafening silence in the room with her now.

Slowly, she stepped backwards before she felt her back collide with the chest of another and she screamed shrilly, turning around only to find Mayer as he turned on his phone light, laughing at her.

“You asshole!” she yelled, temporarily mad at him as she pushed him backwards before feeling relieved.

“I'm sorry babe,” he spoke, still laughing. “I couldn't help myself.” He stepped forward from being pushed back and wrapped his arms around her tightly, allowing her to steal his phone for light.

“You're a jerk,” she spoke, after he let go.

“I know. But we found a way up into the house, c'mon,” he gestured, grabbing onto her arm so she would follow.

“Okay she said, allowing herself to be lead out of the room, sweeping one last time with her boyfriend's light and nearly stopped dead, tripping as she continued to be pulled.

“What?”

“There was a guy sitting in that chair,” she whispered, pointing the light back to a rocking chair, that was barely moving.

“There's nobody else down here,” Mayer told her, trying to pull her along again.

“No, I saw him,” she insisted. “Sitting in that chair...” she spoke, continuing to stare at the rocking chair as it stilled it's movements, where as moments before a teenager with blond hair nearly covering his eyes and a baggy sweater had been sitting, the most sinister grin on his face.

“There's no one here,” Mayer spoke slowly, plucking his phone out of Sophia's grip. “Lets get upstairs, okay?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So what am I, two years late for posting a Tate fic? Whatever, it's relevant still.

I'm all over the place with the planning of this story, I probably should have waited another week or two to post but I couldn't help myself, it's exciting posting new shit.