Status: New. In Process. Currently Writing.

Tattoos

"Most people think that we’re fools"

Some people have one
Some have one that they’re ashamed of
Most people think that we’re fools


Anna thought this was fucking hysterical. That my whole situation was sent down to her as a gift from god as replacement for the last Bachelor season not ending the way she wanted. “So if he asks… I’m your girlfriend?” She asks and I nod my head, biting my lip. “Jax… you’re not really my type.” She laughs and I roll my eyes.
“AnnaMaria. Please. I’ve done so much shit for you over the years. Do this for me. It’s just if he asks, I’m telling him today. This was just a courtesy notice!” I say and I follow her from our living room to our kitchen in the apartment we shared. “Fine. Fine.” She says and makes coffee for herself. She pours me a cup as the doorbell goes. I walk to get it and smile at John, my heart going into my throat.
“H-hi.” I smile back and let him into the place. Anna come into the room, wearing her t-shirt and panties from bed.
“Oh! Sorry! I didn’t mean to interrupt anything.” John says and I shake my head- my mouth opening to say something but Anna beats me to it. “You weren’t.” She laughs and smiles at John. “I’m Anna- the girlfriend.” She clarifies and I want to slap her. I said IF he brought it up.
John laughs and shakes his head. “I hope so- otherwise Jax has some explaining to do.” He winks at me and I smile, receding a little when my brain tells my heart whats really going on.
“Anna.” I groan and she smiles.
“Okay- Okay. I’ll stop embarrassing you in front of your friend.” She mumbles and sips her coffee. “I’m gonna go find those pants you through across the room last night and go to the shop.” She says and winks. I blush as she kisses me. I’m shocked and she pulls back, winking so John can’t see. I wipe my lips off and John smiles awkwardly.
“Cute?” He asks and I shake my head.
“I’m not one for PDA.” I groan and he chuckles. “Me neither-” He pauses as Anna walked by, waving as she leaves. “Fuckin’ chicks that are too into that are awful.” He mumbles. “Ya feel?”
“Yeah. I get that.”
“Ever date one of those?” He asks and laugh as I lead him into the kitchen.
“S-sure.” I say and bite my lip.
“Haven’t we all.” He chuckles. “Who was it?”
“Anna?” I say, hoping he’s buying the shit thats coming
“Oh shit. I’m sorry…” He says, rubbing the back of his neck. I pour him a coffee and he takes it.
I laugh and shrug. “Hey, you gotta bitch about your girl sometimes, you know? Can’t keep this pent up.” I laugh and I surprise myself how well I’m lying. He chuckles and nods.
I bring him into our office and I sit him down in the chair. “So this is going to be you talking and me drawing.” I smile and put paper around his arm. I trace the area and lay it down.
I draw on rough sketched of the current tattoos that graced his than skin. “Okay.” I smile and show him. “What were you thinking?”
We discuss ideas and I retrace the sketch of his arm I’d made so we can have multiple variations.
I spend all afternoon with John’s warm breath on my neck, instructing me what to do, where to draw.
I spend time gently using my fingertips to graze over his arm, signaling the flow of where my work will go.
He leans in very close to see the small detail of how I would end it at his wrist. “Thats great.” He breathes and I turn to face him, our lips nearly grazing. I look deep into his eyes and he chuckles, leaning back. “Sorry. Personal space.” He puts his hands up and I sigh, going back to my work. That was not what I was talking about.
I lead him to the door as he’s leaving. He stops and gives me a quick hug, bringing me in for a slap on my back that makes me stumble, reminding me that he assumed I was just ‘one of the guys.’
I pull back and he smiles. “You know what… I think my friends would really like you. Come over tomorrow night? Scotch, cigars, poker. Real stereotypical.” He says.
“Sounds great.” I say and he smiles, waving and leaving.
I slam the door and groan.
Why did I say great? That didn’t sound great! That sounded boring! “How the fuck and I going to do this?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I'd love it if you commented.