Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

One

Bella’s POV
I was about to take a sip from my water bottle when my pager vibrated causing me to spill some water on my cheek. I groaned as I wiped it with one hand and put the water bottle down to reach for my pager. Let’s hope it’s not urgent because I need to go home. I’ve been working a good 8 hours straight and I worked a long shift yesterday with only a 2-hour break and it really wasn’t considered a break because someone was having sex in the other room and I didn’t get to sleep. I doubt I’ll ever find out who was having sex in the other room considering everyone in this damn hospital has had sex with each other. I groaned silently when I saw it was urgent and I was being paged by the she devil herself. Orthopedics, I hated the thought of breaking bones and fixing them and they thought I was perfect for it. I groaned a little and straightened up when I heard some footsteps. I turned around to see the She Devil herself.

“Bella follow me”

I nodded and I got the tablet she was handing me. She never does call me Dr. Martinez…

“You’re going to help me. Scrub up.”

“With?” I asked looking down at the tablet.

“Broken jaw. Bella he’s a professional athlete, should we shut his jaw?”

I should have been studying Ortho. I shook my head slowly and she smiled. Ok I was right because I was not in the mood to face her wrath.

“Well what should we do?”

“Metal reinforcement” I said as we began prepping for surgery.

20 minutes later we were in the OR and I was looking at this person’s file. This person was as healthy as a person could be. How on earth did he break his jaw? Jaw Breakers? I lost a tooth with that but I was a child, and it was going to come out anyways.

I looked at this person’s face and my eyes widened. Oh my god I’m helping in Sidney Crosby’s surgery? Wait how did he get injured!? Oh wait I wasn’t watching the game cause I’M AT WORK! Let’s hope the DVR is working well today.

“Well his teeth are a wreck. I knew I liked you Dr. Martinez”

I nodded slowly and I looked at his face. His eyes were closed and he had a breathing tube in his nose. His lip was slightly purple from the hit I guess he got from my guess a hockey puck. I do keep up with hockey but not right now when I have work. I come from a big hockey family, but I don’t root for the teams my mom and dad root for.

I am a surgical intern and well I did not expect to be watching and helping in an operation especially with an athlete. She put the metal plates in his mouth and then let me seal his stitches up. thank god she didn’t have to move anything or I would have puked. I finished up and she nodded impressed by my stitches.

“Well go get him a room”

I nodded and left the room. I took off my gloves and opened the door only to bump in with someone. I looked up to see the General Manager of the Penguins looking at me.

“How is he?”
“He’s fine now, Dr. Leonard will be out to tell you about the procedure. I kind of need to go get him a room” I said.

He nodded and looked at me.

“Single room, no one knows he’s here”

I nodded and jogged out.

“Did you hear Sidney Crosby is here?”

I looked at my coworkers and shrugged. I got his file and a room.

“Let me get him please”

I looked at the whore intern we had and I turned back to the whiteboard. I wrote J.D. and they all nodded. John Doe, when a John Doe comes in it means that person has no name or the person wants to keep it a secret. I stepped back and began setting up the room. The door slid open and one of my bedstfriends rolled the bed in with a sleeping Sidney Crosby.

“Doc said to get him high on painkillers”
I nodded and looked at his medical record.

“Ok then, I’ll just wait for her to come” I said.

He nodded and I heard a soft groan. Ok this wasn’t supposed to happen this fast. I looked at the bed and as his wrists were tied up and he was trying to get lose.

“Don’t talk” I said.

His eyes snapped open and he looked at me.

Let me tell you he did not look as intimidating as he looks on those posters across the city. This Sidney Crosby looked disoriented and in pain. He’s also extremely way better looking in person. Oh god those eyes.

FOCUS!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sidney’s POV

I felt pain throughout my whole lower jaw region and I groaned in response to it. I could hear the small beeps so ill assume I’m in the hospital. I moved my hands only to realize I was tied up. I began moving my wrists and I was about to get lose from the ties when I heard someone talk.

“Don’t talk”

My eyes snapped open and I looked at the person who had talked. A girl well by the looks of her scrubs she was a woman. Her hair was in a ponytail and bobby pins held some of her hair that was too short to be in the ponytail. She looked about 5’4 or so, maybe shorter. Her big eyes looked tired like she had been doing this for hours. She had baby blue scrubs on and just as she was about to talk again a doctor walked in. She turned to look at the surgeon who had operated on me.

“I see you are awake Mr. Crosby. I am Dr. Leonard and I recommend you don’t try to speak because it will be extremely painful”

The lady looked mean. She was an African American woman who looked extremely sassy. She was also a good 5’8 giving her a good 4 inches to the girl in baby blue scrubs standing next to her.

“Bella”

The girl in the blue scrubs turned to her. Bella? Maybe short for something?

“Get him the strongest pain meds, and you look for liquid foods. Foods that will be able to sustain an athlete”

She nodded slowly and excused herself from the room. I looked at Ray who I found was standing by the doorway. He walked over to the lady and looked at her.

“That girl is the only girl I want in here with him. She seems to be scared of you and I like that. Is she a nurse?”

“No heavens no. Bella is a surgical intern. I just call her Bella because it annoys her. Dr. Martinez is one of the best of her class. She stitched Sidney up, she has the best hands; steady and she does a marvelous job”

“She also didn’t harass me and I like how she didn’t look at me like I was god”

“Bella knows her hockey. Real well, born and raised in California that pretty girl. She’s got brains and beauty. She’s not a Penguins fan though, saw her with a Jonathan Quick Jersey the other day so I’m taking a guess that she is a King’s fan”

He smiled.

“I want him treated like a King”

She nodded and then turned to me. Apparently a puck deflected on my face. Nice job Oprik. My jaw was broken, but they didn’t wire it shut. They put metal plates to secure it. I should be back in a month or two. The only problem is that I am now on an all Liquid Diet. Why is that a problem? I’m starving.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! I decided (along with a few friends) that i would write another James Neal story.

This is Bella

James will appear in the next Chapter, i think.