Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Nineteen

Bella’s POV
I took a deep breath as I waited for my date. Yes my date. I was in Chicago and I was doing a close friend a favor. Even if it meant I had to hide from a specific person.

“I honestly don’t want to be here” I mumbled as I downed my second glass of wine.

I saw as Dayna Seabrook spotted me and began waddling her way over. I took a sip of my wine and she smiled as she approached me.

“Heard you’re a doc now”

I nodded and she sat down in front of me.

“Surgical Resident” I said putting the glass down and getting the one filled with wine..

“Uh I hate you with your wine. I can’t drink that, so drink one for me”

I raised the glass and she smiled at me. I had passed my board exam so I was set well for at least my residency. I needed a good glass of wine to relax and just chill. My hair was curled and my makeup was done minimally. I had a pink gown on and some huge heels that probably made me the same height as James. I was Pat’s date because his was unable to come. It’s a shame James was in Canada.

“Pregnancy is doing you well. You at you, you are glowing!”`

She gave me a smile and I wiggled my eyebrow at her.

“You guys sure took that lockout serious” I said looking at her swollen abdomen.

She laughed and nodded. She was due soon from what I had heard of.

“Yes we did. Elina was telling me you have a boyfriend?”

I smiled lightly and nodded. She looked around and then at me. She leaned a little and took a little appetizer cookie and placed it on her mouth. She chewed on it and grinned.

“Is he hot?”

“Dayna” I said smiling.

She smiled at me and I laughed. She squealed a little and jumped in her seat.

“Yea he is. He’s gorgeous and a total sweetheart” I said.

“Well who is he? Do you have a picture of him? Don’t make a pregnant woman wait!”

I smiled and took out my phone from my clutch. I pressed the home button on my phone and unlocked it. I looked through my photos and turned It to her. She gasped and took the phone from me. It was a picture of James and I smiling at the camera. Him still in his uniform, the day I said yes to be his girlfriend

“You’re the reason James Neal has been playing so well?”

I rolled my eyes because Sidney said I was the reason James had been on his A-game. She smiled when she saw a picture of James smiling up at me in black shorts and a white tshirt.

“He’s gorgeous”

I smiled and she looked at a picture of James and I smiling at the camera. I had a black dress on and he was dressed in his suit. He was wearing his glasses, and I was holding his jacket and I had on these huge heels that made me his height almost. James had wondered how I could walk with those heels when he saw me.

“How long are you in town for?”

I got back my phone and she waited for me to answer

“I’m here for a week, and I have to go to LA. I need to get things from there and then I head back to Pittsburgh” I said.

She nodded and looked at me.

“Trying to avoid Jonny all night?”

“Honestly yes” I said.

Jonathan Toews. I didn’t like him at all, The person I knew in College was a totally different person now.

“Hey beautiful”

I smiled and Patty Kane sat next to me.

“Like my date Dayna?”

She laughed when I rolled my eyes. He kissed my cheek and took a sip of my wine.

“See I told you”

I nodded and he looked around.

“He’s around here with his girlfriend”

I looked at him.

“About damn time” I mumbled.

He nodded and I looked at him.

“Where is your lady friend anyways? Since she couldn’t come?” I asked winking at him.

He blushed lightly and looked at me.

“School”

I smiled and nodded.

“Good job, I wish you two the best.” I said.

I heard a throat clear and I rolled my eyes. I looked up and smiled.

“Hey Jonathan” I said.

He gave me a nod.

“Bella”

His girlfriend, well whatever the blonde was looking at me.

“Kristie”

I smiled and extended my hand.

“Bella” I said.

She shook my hand and I sat back down.

“Where’s your family?”

“They are catering for you guys tonight” I said.

“Well yea but they’re done already”

“Then they are eating” I said.

My phone vibrated and I saw I had call from James.

“Excuse Me,” I said getting up.

I smiled and walked over to a place that was less crowded.

“Hi James” I said smiling.

“Hey Beautiful”

-----------------
“Hey”

I looked up and nodded.

“Hi” I said putting my phone in my clutch.

Jonathan walked over to me as he offered me a glass of wine and he looked at me.

“Kane was saying you have a boyfriend. Thought you were focusing on your career”

So he’s still butt hurt over the fact that I rejected him. We went to College together. His dorm was literally next-door next to me. You could straight out tell he liked me when we were in college. My freshman year he was always near me or he was asking me for help when he really didn’t need it. He didn’t talk to me after I got my first boyfriend then he confessed his love for me. I told him I didn’t feel the same way and that I just wanted to focus on my career. He was cool and all, but I got along with TJ Oshie more. He left starting his third year and well I thought he was a sweet guy until he won the Stanley Cup and you know was Captain. He was nicer before the C in his chest and the cup.

“That was such a long time ago. You asked at a very difficult part of my life” I said.

He nodded and looked at me. His doe eyes looked at me up and down and I raised an eyebrow at him. He coughed and took a sip of his wine realizing he’d been caught.

“Well does he make you happy?”

I looked at him and nodded. I smiled and his face dropped a little. I guess I really did have the lovey dovey look on my face.

“He does” I said taking a sip of my wine.

He frowned and stepped a little closer to me. I can’t lie Jonathan was a gorgeous looking guy, but his attitude made him unattractive.

“I could have made you happy”

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Jonathan, don’t you have a girlfriend?” I asked.

He shrugged and looked at me in the eye. He touched my hand and I looked down at our hands that were now intertwined.

“You know very well I liked you a lot, and I still have feelings for you Bella”

I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

“This is going to sound really mean but I don’t like you like that. Not this you at least. You were so nice in college and you now. Honestly Jon you aren’t who you were 8 years ago. I liked that one. You, not so much” I told him.

He looked at me.

“No one is Bella, no ones is the person they were 8 years ago”

Ok so that’s kind of true but he was a jerk!

“I’m sure you’re someone’s type but you aren’t mine” I told him as I let go of his hand.

“You’re going to regret that. I could have paid that little debt of yours”

I smiled at him.

“No debt Jonathan. I’m not stupid you know, I got most of my school paid and I worked my ass off to be where I am today” I said.

“He won’t make you happy. I can give you anything you want. I’m also a shoot in for the Olympic team again. Your mom won’t let you date any other person and you know that”

“So is Brandon Saad but you don’t see me flirting with him. I have a boyfriend who is well sustained. I also have a good job and I’m not a gold digger. You’re a great looking guy but your attitude makes you look like trash” I said.

“Also I think I’m old enough to make my own decisions on who I date. At the end of the day my mom just has to accept him. My dad loves him and my boyfriend has a chance. He has a shot for the Olympics as well. He may be your teammate” I said taking a sip of my wine.

He looked at me waiting for me to continue. I smiled and finished my wine. I handed him my cup and he glared at me

“Teammate? I always knew you were a whore”

He realized what he said and I gave him a smile as I looked down at my dress.

“Well he knows Sidney Crosby, and I’m sure TJ would love to know that you called me a whore” I said making him look at me in the eye.

His smirk dropped and he looked at me.

“You could have it all, but you aren’t happy Jonathan. That’s what’s sad about my life. Everyone is settling down and look at you acting like a child” I told him.

“Good day!” I said walking away from him.