Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Twenty

I’m gonna clear some things up.
*Bella went to Undergrad at UND where she earned her Bachelor’s in Science in Biology. (Age 16-20)
*She went Boston University for Med school. (Age 20-24)
*She is 25.
*She’s not an intern anymore; she is a resident and will be for a good 6-9 years. (Because I still haven’t decided)
*Her mom is from Chicago and her family caters to the Blackhawks for big events.
*She knows Kane because she was Jon’s date back when they went to school and he was a rookie.
*She went to UND with Oshie and Toews (I might make a small Christmas oneshot for Oshie and I might mention her to add some flashback in there)
*She is adopted and her biological mother passed away giving birth to her. (I still don’t know if she will have siblings)
*She hasn’t had sex with James.
*Bella has a huge crush on Jonathan Quick

Oh yea, this goes on in the off season right now. They aren’t in town since you know James has Olympic camp and training and what not. She also has a life, so she can’t follow him around. This is the beginning of their relationship in a way since they were so used to seeing each other.

James’ POV
This is around June before Chicago won the cup.

My phone began buzzing and I looked at caller ID. I smiled and answered the phone.

“Afternoon Bella” I said taking a sip of my water.

“Afternoon James!”

I smiled and looked out the window. I was sweating and I had just finished working out. I just needed to shower to be on my way out.

“What are you up to?” I asked cleaning my face

“Getting ready to get the fuck out of Chicago”

I laughed a little because she hardly cussed.

“Bella!!!!!!”

“Anyways yea I’m waiting for my mom to get out so we can head to LA”

I smiled.

“Have fun in LA” I told her.

“I’ll try but by the looks of it, mom hurry up!”

I laughed and leaned back on the wall

“No mom I will not apologize he’s a dick and I don’t like him. I still find it hilarious that he went to go snitch on me, shows how much of a man he is”

“Uh, you can talk with me later” I said.

“No it’s fine James. I’m waiting in the car with my dad and Adam who both say hi. Mom refuses to get in the car”

I smiled.

“Tell them I said hi as well” I said.

She said hi to them for me and then she told me how her mom basically hates me. It was confirmed last night when her mom told her “Bella I don’t like James as your boyfriend”. Apparently she dug into my past and found out how much of a ladies man I was.

“She’s just mad because I told the guy that she's been trying to set me up since forever that I had a boyfriend”

I smiled.

“Who is this guy?” I found myself asking

“Jonathan Toews, Listen I have to go. My mom finally came and now I have to drive. She’s giving me the stink eye”

I nodded.

“Ok Bells I’ll talk with you later on” I told her.

“Ok then bye James I miss you!”

I smiled.

“I miss you too bye” I said.

I heard the dial tone and I looked at the phone. Wait Jonathan Toews!?!?! How the hell does she know Jonathan Toews? I was kind of looking forward to olympic camp.
-------------------