Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Twenty Two

Late August, almost September

Bella’s POV

I sighed as I opened the door to the house. It was freezing outside for a September night, and I was glad to be back home after doing 12 hours. Jas and Chris rushed inside as well both freezing. They had food in their hands because they had skipped lunch. They were probably going to eat it in bed and then call it a night. My back ached and I wanted a warm shower.

“Bella you got a visitor”

I raised an eyebrow and walked out of the hall. I peeked into the living room and smiled at the sleeping form on my couch. He had definitely gotten built over the summer. Even in the clothes he had on, you could see his thighs were toned up and his arms were bulkier. James was here early.

I quietly walked over to him and looked at him. He had his arms crossed and his head was tilted to the side and back. His mouth was a little opened, and he had some stubble growing on his face. His glasses were almost slipping off his face and I reached over and slipped them off. He didn’t even stir and I smiled a little when a snore came out of his lips. I sat on the couch and gently moved him. He stirred and opened his eyes. His hands immediately went up to his eyes.

“Hey” I said rubbing his cheek slightly.

He gave me a drowsy smile as he took the glassed from me and slipped them on. His blue eyes were glossy and he looked a little disoriented.

“You take forever. I wanted to surprise you, but I fell asleep”

He shifted and leaned his head back on the couch as he looked at me. I smiled and got one of his hands and began playing with it.

“You aren’t supposed to be here. Not for another 2 days or so” I said rubbing his bicep with my other hand.

He blinked slowly and smiled as he let go of my hand and lifted his hands. He shook them in a funny matter and sat up.

“Surprise?”

I laughed and he pulled me on him. I put my hands on his shoulders and he gave me a small smile.

“Well I’m surprised. No one can say they came home to find a sleeping James Neal on their couch. By the looks of it fell asleep watching cartoons” I said smiling at him.

He had definitely had toned up, and I realized I had missed him even more than I imagined. I rubbed his cheek and he leaned on my hand. I kissed his cheek and was getting off of him when he pulled me a little closer to him, so now i was straddling him. If Eric saw this he would kick James' ass because well he set some rules straight.

“Come on you can stay over. We are both exhausted and I need to shower because my back is killing me” I told him.

He looked at me a little alert than I thought he was.

“Wait”

I looked at him and he leaned in and kissed me. I smiled and pulled away. He gave me a frowned and I pecked his lips. He snaked his arms on my waist and I laughed when he tried to kiss me again.

“We can make out later on” I said.

“I haven’t seen you in forever”

I smiled and nodded. I kissed him and he hungrily kissed back. I turned my face to the side and he used his hand to move my face so he could have access to my mouth.. I laughed a little when he groaned because he tried to flip us over and I jabbed my elbow in his side.

“Sorry James” I said sitting up.

He shrugged and put his head on my shoulder.

“Come on let’s go to my room” I said getting off of him.

He nodded slowly and glanced at me. He reached for the tips of my hair and smiled a little.

“You got a haircut”

I nodded and smiled. I had cut the tips and I didn’t think he would notice.

“Yes I did and may I say you look good. Glasses suit you James” I said getting his hand as he stood up.

I led him to my room and I heard a “ooohhhhh”

“Adam go to bed” I called out.

I heard my brother laugh and James looked at me as I closed the door.

“Both brothers here?”

I shook my head.

"Eric closed the diner tonight later than usual and Adam is here for the weekend. He will be here when he can since he started school a few weeks back” I said.

He nodded and I got my pjs. I turned on the water and walked back to my room. James was already fixing the bed. I got a towel and walked back to the bathroom. I slipped off my clothes and craned my neck when the hot water hit my neck. Yea i definately needed this. I took a shower and dried myself. I blow-dried my hair and changed into my pjs. I walked into the room and smiled when i was James had tucked himself in. James was dead asleep in the right side of the bed because he found out i slept on the left side of the bed near the fall. I put my phone to charge and I turned off the light. I got into bed and lifted the blankets. James shifted and i noticed he was wearing my oversized Boston University tshirt. He lifted his arm and i cuddled up to him. He mumbled something when i snaked my arm around his waist.
Whoops forgot he was ticklish.

“Sorry. Night James” I said kissing his jaw and closing my eyes.

He tucked me under his jaw and we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two for today since i didn't post anything yesterday! I'll post some tomorrow, but now i need to call it a night because my ears are killing me.