Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Twenty Six

James’ POV
“What are you doing Thanksgiving Day?”

I looked at Bella and saw she was looking at Beau. Borts and Beau lived together literally a good 50 steps away. They were usually down at Eric’s house though cause there was always a cooked meal.

“Uh staying here. I can’t fly home. I think we have a game though, so we may be traveling”

She frowned and nodded.

“You’re spending your Thanksgiving with us then. You know if you aren’t playing”

He looked at her as he nodded. She was sitting cross-legged right next to me and I could hear the TV playing upstairs. Eric was asleep and his girlfriend was in the hallway with Jasmine. Chris had work and would come in late and she didn’t want to be alone so she was here. Borts was asleep in the complex after having had ate two plates of chicken noodle soup.

“My parents are flying in and well Eric he fries the turkey. Adam is going to be here and well it’s time to spend it around people. Isn’t your birthday around that time?”

He nodded slowly and she frowned. She clicked her tongue as she shook her head.

“You definitely aren’t spending your birthday alone. I did once and it was horrible”

He chuckled and she got up.

“I’ll make you a pie”

He perked up and looked at her.

“The apple one you made last time?”

She smiled and made her way over to him. I leaned back on the couch and looked at the TV. I glanced at Bella and saw she was shrugging.

“Sure”

He nodded and they high-fived. I was a little jealous of this bond at first but then I realized they acted like siblings.

They both looked up when the door snapped open. Someone came in and slammed the door. Adam appeared and looked at us.

“Sorry”

Bella nodded and the door opened once again and slammed.

“Dumbass!”

Lisa walked in glaring at Adam and she stopped when she saw Bella looking at her.

“What happened now?”

I looked at them and they glared at each other. Beau leaned on the couch and smiled at them. He pointed at Adam who rolled his eyes.

“Did you drop her?”

“No I caught her this time. She just wants to add a stupid quad when I can barely do the triple. We’re going to get penalized for adding to make spins and all. The programs are good we don’t need to mess with them”

Bella looked at Lisa who huffed.

“He can do it. He needs to stop being a pansy”

If looks could kill, Bella would have murdered Lisa with that look she was giving her. Lisa shrunk under that stare and Bella spoke up.

“Lisa, that was uncalled for. You guys can get penalized so before you go trying to be your own choreographer make sure its safe. We don’t want you guys getting penalized because of illegal moves and what not. You remember that lift you guys added that you said was legal and also cost you your world gold medal”

“We need the difficulty points. The Russians are doing a lift and we can’t even get past an easy lift”

Beau shook his head and sat up.

“You guys have to realize those Russians are like 7 years your senior. They’re good because they’ve trained longer than you”

Beau shrugged as I raised an eyebrow wondering how he knew this.

“Quit worrying. Lisa we get it you’re tiny but if Adam isn’t comfortable with tossing you in the air then you’re screwed”

Bella sat down next to Beau and Adam curled up next to her. She looked down at his face and I noticed he had another bump forming in his jaw.

“That’s going to bruise”

He nodded and put his head on her shoulder.

“Lisa made me practice that stupid lift and she kneed me in the jaw”

“He wasn’t supposed to have his face there!”

I laughed.

“Where else would he move it to?” I asked

She sat next to me and frowned. Bella was mad and you could see it. Beau got up and went to go get an icepack from the first aid kit in Bella’s room. He came back and tossed it to her. She got it to react and she pressed the icepack on Adam’s face. She frowned a little as she felt Adam’s neck and forehead.

“How about you guys sleep in tomorrow. No practice that early because he’s running a fever and you over worked him tonight. He’s falling asleep on me”

Lisa frowned.

“Did you drink your vitamins and medicine?”

Lisa got up and walked to the kitchen. She came back with a water bottle and a small capsule.

“What’s that?”

“My medicine, I have a stupid cold”

Adam lazily sat up and took the capsules from her. He took a sip of the water and I rose and eyebrow when Lisa sat next to him. She rubbed his bicep and he swatted her away. That got a laugh from Beau. I looked up and laughed when I noticed the date.

“Bells, we’re like two months away from Thanksgiving” I said.

I noticed Bella wasn’t in the room but in the kitchen.

“It’s never to early to start planning!”

“I’m going to bed”

She nodded and reached over to hug him. He kissed her cheek and waved at us as he left. I made my way over to the kitchen and I saw her reading something.

“Adam ok?” I asked.

She looked up at me and nodded.

“Adam doesn’t have the best immune system”

I nodded and looked into the living room. Adam was looking at Lisa as she told him something. He nodded slowly and flipped her off. She frowned at him and got a pillow and hit him with it.

Bella sighed and I glanced at her.

“I’m just glad he’s starting to realize he isn’t in love with her because he can do so much better”

“He likes her?” I asked.

She looked at me and nodded.

“She turned him down saying she needed to focus on her career. Not even two days later she had a boyfriend. Adam was so defeated and well he’s moving on. She has a roommate who is a stunning and talks with Adam. I think he likes her, I saw her when I went to pick them up the other day”

I laughed and nodded.

“Of course Bella”

She swatted me and glanced at the time.

“Staying over?”

“No I need to head home” I told her.

She nodded and I leaned down to kiss her. She smiled in the kiss and I heard a cough so I pulled away. Adam was looking at us as his nose scrunched up in disgust.

“Gross”

I pulled Bella into another kiss and Adam laughed a little. He pushed past us and got a cup to get some water. He was kind of built; he had muscles because you could notice them. His thighs were good due to the fact he worked them out. He laughed when he noticed I was looking at him.

“I feel flattered but I don’t have an ass. I don’t do that weird pose you guys do”

I laughed and Adam made his way to the living room.

“I’ll see you tomorrow” I told Bella.

She nodded and I pecked her lips.

“Come on I’ll walk you out, I have to close the gate anyways”

I nodded and she led the way, her hips swaying without knowing the damage she did to me.
------------
James’ POV

“They found out”

I looked up at Sidney.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“That you have girlfriend”

“Oh that” I said looking up at him.

“Why exactly are you worried for?” I asked reaching for my skates.

“Don’t you want to give your girlfriend some privacy?”

“She hasn’t been harassed” I said putting on my skates.

He shook his head and I looked up at him. He pointed at me and I saw he was serious.

“She’s like a little sister to me. You better make sure you made the right decision”

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

“Quit freaking out. Her face was covered when this happened; I’m not that stupid. It’s not like I gave out a name. They know I have a girlfriend but they don’t know who. I made sure of that.” I said walking out.

I smiled when I saw Bella. She was dressed casual and her brother was next to her, and by the looks of it she was not agreeing to something he said. He frowned at her and he looked up. He bit the inside of his cheek and I looked at Bella who was looking down at her phone.

“Hey babe” I said approaching her.

She gave me a smile and I leaned down to peck her lips.

“Hi James”

She stepped back and I patted Adam’s shoulder. He flinched a little and I looked at him.

“I’m sore cause they thought making those stupid lifts when I had a fever would be perfect”

I nodded and smiled.

“Well of course you’re sore you’ve been landing those jumps like nothing” I told him.

He nodded slowly and looked around. He lifted his face a little and sniffed the air. He made a face and looked at me as he covered his nose and mouth with his hand.

“You smell really bad. Did you shower and actually wash your hair?”

I laughed and Bella shook her head slowly at him.

“Well he does”

“You don’t need to tell him that”

“I played hockey and my bag never reeked like him”

I looked at him.

“You played hockey?”

He nodded slowly.

“Roller Hockey. Transitioned to ice when I was 9 and mom put me in figure skating”

I nodded and he smiled.

“I’ll see you later”

I nodded and she pecked my lips.

“Where’s my kiss?” I asked Adam.

He was about to tell me a smartass comment but Bella looked at him. He smiled and flipped me off as he walked away.

I laughed and walked back into the locker room. It’s just preseason time to relax.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas guys! I am content with my Christmas gifts and now i'm going to go show my dad how to use his iPad and eat some Pizza cause i don't want to eat a tamale.