Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Twenty Seven

-------------------
Bella’s POV

I like times like this. James was fast asleep next to me. I had given the boys their brunch and they had fallen asleep in the living room. Adam was doing homework in his room with Lisa and I was looking over this one surgery I was told to look at. It was fascinating, really fascinating actually. I glanced up when I heard the doorbell ring. It began ringing like it was playing a song, and James stirred.

“Go back to sleep” I told him.

He closed his eyes again and I got up. I fixed my shorts and I walked out of the room and looked through the peephole. Beau and Robert were still fast asleep on the floor. How? Considering the blonde idiot was playing a melody with the doorbell, I raised an eyebrow as I opened the door.

“What brings you here Mr. Kane?” I said completely ignoring his teammate behind him.

“You should wear those shorts more often”

I rolled my eyes and looked at Patrick. He nodded and clapped his hands as if he came here for a good reason.

“Right, I was in town and I remember you lived here. Did you pass your intern exam?”

I smiled and looked at him. I told him I had passed when I went as his date to that one Blackhawks event.

“Of course I did Patty” I said.

I nodded and he smiled.

“Can we come in?”

I looked at him and he smiled. His smile turned even wider when I felt someone behind me.

“Oops, did I interrupt something?”

I looked up to see James standing behind me. A shirtless James if I can add. I looked at Jonathan to see a surprised look on his face. James had told me that Jonathan was after all Penguins at orientation camp asking if they knew a Bella. They just stayed quiet or would change the subject. By the looks of it, he hadn’t expected me to be dating James.

“He was asleep and I was reading about a procedure. We partied in this household last night” I said.

Patrick snorted and looked at me.

“Sure sleeping”

I smiled and he laughed.

“Lunch tomorrow, just you and I? Eric’s Diner, I want some steak”

I nodded and Jonathan walked back to the rental they had. Pat looked at and signaled for me to look at James. I looked up and saw James was just staring at Jonathan.

“Of course, we need to catch up Patty” I said.

He smiled and he opened his arms. I hugged him and he pulled away.

“Want a hug Neal? Remember the enemy is not me, he’s going to be your teammate”

James looked at him and laughed. They man hugged and Pat left.

“James” I said after I closed the door.

He glanced at me and I smiled. He began walking over to my room and I followed.

“Stay out of trouble” I told him.

He nodded slowly as he slipped on his shirt. I looked at him and I kissed his jaw.

“No need to be jealous now James. I’m your girlfriend” I told him as I made him look at me.

He nodded slowly and I smiled.

“James” I said rubbing his sides.

He gave me a smile and I hugged him.

“What’s your story with Toews?”

“He’s a dweeb who likes me and he needs to get over it” I said kissing him.

He nodded and I smiled at him.

“No offense to Jonathan, but he’s a bit to serious for me. You won’t believe me when I say this, but Kane is actually more polite than Jonathan” I said.

He looked at me.

“I’ve known Jonathan since I went to school with him. He was all-nice in the beginning and then he got drafted and that’s when he became a douche. Oh I got drafted third overall look how good I am! Jonathan introduced me to Patrick because I was his date for an event. Patrick is so humble he talked to me because he said his sister had the same dress I was wearing. Pat is a big family guy and they make him seem like this party boy. They make Jonathan seem like this saint and all since he has no damn personality. It’s like Tyler; he is a sweetheart and a total gentleman. He’s the biggest softy you’ll ever meet. He’s 21 he’s having fun. He just happened to be playing in a city where he was well known” I said.

He looked at me processing that and blinked. I smiled and rubbed his bicep.

“I won’t date Jon, ever” I added.

He nodded and I smiled.

“Now come on let’s go out to eat? We can pick something up for the guys and Adam won’t leave his room yet. You guys need to get up and move around” I asked.

He nodded and smiled.

“I pay this time”

“Yea yea yea” I said letting him get up.

------------
Bella’s POV
“So you and James?”

I looked at Patrick and nodded. I took a sip of my strawberry lemonade and looked at him. He gave me a cocky smile as he pointed a fork at me as he stopped cutting his steak. What is with these boys with this steak?

“I called it”

I raised an eyebrow.

“I told Jonny it wasn’t Crosby. He’s to uptight”

I laughed and looked at Patrick.

“Oh Patty you would be surprised. Sidney is all OCD when it comes to hockey, but he’s not uptight. The whole team is really nice”

He dropped his fork and knife and looked at me.

“Have they converted you?”

I laughed and shook my head. I took a sip of my drink and reached for my sandwich.

“Nope, I still bleed Kings colors. You know I can’t be easily manipulated” I said.

He nodded and smiled. He pretended to wipe a bead of sweat from his forehead.

“Damn right you can’t! I couldn’t change you and neither should your boyfriend”

I laughed and he took a sip of his soda. He cleared his throat and looked around at the people that were having lunch with their family and friends.

“How’s your brother doing?”

“Uh I’ll assume you’re talking about Adam” I said.

He nodded and stole a fry from me.

“By the looks of it he can go to the Olympics. They’re working on the other program and if it is approved they just need to continue doing well in like the small competitions they have” I said.

“I saw that one program of his. You and what’s her name? Uh Jasmine, you guys sang that song”

I nodded and he smiled proud that he realized that. He took a sip of his drink and sniffled. I raised an eyebrow and he shook his head. Allergies my ass Kane.

“He’s been trying to get Eric and I to sing a song they’re going to use. They’re using it as a exhibition song and Eric and I just keep ignoring him telling him to use the acapella version of it” I said.

He grinned.

“You’ve got something planned?”

I laughed and shrugged.

“Are you going if he makes the team? Your brother I mean”

I looked at the fry I had in my hand and shrugged. I hadn’t thought about it because a lot could happen in a few months, or in Pat’s case 17 seconds.

“I honestly don’t know because if he makes the team I’ll be missing a lot work considering the fact that he will be doing the team final” I said.

He nodded and chewed on his steak. He stole another one of my fries and I moved the plate a little to the middle so he could reach.

“When is the team final anyways?”

I took out my phone and looked at the dates. I looked at him and showed him my phone.

“Team Finals are from the 6th to the 9th. Pairs finals is the 11th and the 12th. If he medals I’d have to stay till the 22nd and we all know they’re going to medal” I said

He reached for my phone and looked at the calendar as he chewed on a fry. He took a sip of his drink and shook his head. Pat had a plan.

“Not exactly, you could for two separate weeks”

I looked at Patrick and he sat up straight when I nodded for him to continue.

“You’d be jetlag but you can do it”

I don’t care seeing my brother’s face would be worth it. He’d grown up in the stands cheering for Eric and he was forced to sit through my long graduation ceremonies. I was always there for him if I could be there and he was happy I was there. I wouldn’t mind seeing my brother break down of joy.

“You’d leave right after work on the fifth, and get there the 6th. You’d be there for a week exactly and head back after get back the 13th for work. That’s exactly a week”

I nodded.

“If he medals make up an act of how much work you have, book a flight for the 20th. Maybe see James play and surprise your brother”

I nodded and he smiled.

“This is about Adam not your boyfriend. They can loose for all I care”

I laughed and nodded.

“You’re going to do great Patty” I told him.

He smiled and stole another one of my fries.

“Who are you cheering for?”

I scoffed and looked at him.

“My family, and my country come before him” I said.

“Good, good he knows it. I’ll send you a Quick and Kane Jersey then”

I grinned and nodded. Yes he knew about my huge crush on Jonathan Quick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pizza isn't here yet, so i'm giving you guys a gift. one more extra chapter for today :)