Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Three

Bella’s POV
“It was so awesome!”

I nodded and began eating my lunch. Lucky them.

“So what’d you do?”
I looked at my best friends.

“I got to intubate someone” I said.

Chris looked at me and put his fork down as he chewed his food.

“Shut up, Crosby forgot how to breathe?”

“No, one of you two were supposed to be in charge of the lady in 103 and you guys left. She threw up and stopped breathing” I said.

They made a face and I nodded.

“Why didn’t you eat with Crosby?”
I looked at them.

“Dude, he can’t eat food. He had jaw surgery last night” I said.

They nodded agreeing and I got a piece of chicken.

“It’s like torturing him” I added as I took a bite of my pasta.

“Well what else did you do with him? That’s pretty cool being near an athlete and all”
“He’s not that amusing Chris” I said.

He nodded and took a sip of his drink.

“You cook way better than Jas”
I laughed as my best friend hit my other best friend.
“Thanks” I said.

I finished up and looked at the time.

“What time do you come out?” I asked.

“9”
I made a face.
“You?”
“9:30” I said.

“Well you drove us here so we kinda have to wait for you”

I smiled.

“Thank you for reminding me. Bye losers” I said

I nodded and I got my lunch Tupperware box and left. When I got back to Sidney’s room I saw he still had visitors. I quietly walked in and I saw he had a white board. I smiled at the thought of his teammates buying him one.

“Hey”

I looked up and smiled at the pair of blue eyes. I stepped back a little so I wouldn’t have to crane my neck. The guy was gorgeous and his smile was stunning. He was scrawny but big if that makes sense.

“Hi” I said giving him a small smile.

He extended his hand and I looked at it.
“James”
I smiled and shook his hand.
“Dr. Martinez” I said.

He smiled and turned to the whiteboard on the wall that said B. Martinez as RN in charge.

“Nurse?”

I turned to a guy who introduced himself as Matt Niskanen. They didn’t really need an introduction I knew who they were.

“Doctor. I’m an intern and well I was assigned to Sidney because your General Manager requested it” I said looking at him.
“So B?”
I turned to James and smiled.
“Oh my name is Bella” I said.

They all nodded slowly and I looked around he had a small amount of visitors.

“I got Sid a white board so he can talk with you”
I smiled and walked over to Sidney.
“How thoughtful of you” I said as I saw Sidney squirm in discomfort.

I pressed something on his IV to relieve his pain.

“And some cards”
I nodded and smiled.
“Well he has to get ready to loose” I said looking at Sidney.

They laughed and one of them cocked their heads when they saw I had a little box with me.

“What’s that?”
I looked at the blonde who I recognized as Beau Bennett the rookie. He certainly did look like a child, except he’s 6’2.
“Oh I’m studying for my boards” I said.

They all nodded.
“How old are you?”

I turned to see Paul Martin. He gave me a smile and I returned it.

“24” I said.
Beau grinned and most of the guys chuckled and I saw Sidney roll his eyes.

“You know, Sidney is single”

I pursed my lips and then bit my lower lip.

“Is he?” I asked.

I heard Sid sigh and I smiled at him.

“It’s fine my friends do the same thing” I said looking at him.

James stepped up and smiled.
“I’m single too”
I looked at him and nodded.
“Are you?” I asked
He nodded and I nodded back at him.
“Well then. Maybe there is a reason for that” I said.

If there is anything I hate is cocky people. You can be attractive but once you get cocky like that you automatically become unattractive to me. You can be sassy all you want I don’t mind sass.

His eyes widened and I turned back to the machine in front of me monitoring Sidney.

“So where did you go to school?”
“University of North Dakota. I’m from California” I said glancing up at Beau.
He nodded and smiled.
“Sharks? Ducks?”
I shook my head.
“Kings” I said.

“Where did you go to Med School?”
“Boston” I said.
They all nodded and I looked at them.
“Pitt seems to have a good surgical program” I said.

“So you’re from LA?”

I nodded and looked back at the screen.

“Sidney on scale from 1-10 how bad is your jaw?” I asked him.
He took the top of his marker and scribbled on a 9. I nodded and looked at him.
“Same scales, how hungry are you?” I asked him.
He wrote a 10 and I nodded.
“I’ll go see if there is something strong you can eat” I told him.
He nodded and I excused myself.

As I was walking out I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry”

I raised an eyebrow and turned around. I looked up because this person was 6’2 and had some killer blue eyes. James.

“Why are you sorry?” I asked the person in front of me.

“I get cocky near pretty girls”

I smiled and nodded when he blushed a little and looked down at the floor.

“Do you?” I asked.

He nodded slowly and I pursed my lips. He was dorky. Oh god I liked dorky.

“I kinda need to get your captain something to eat” I told him as I felt my cheeks heat up

“Oh”

By the time he looked out I was walking past him. My best friend Jasmine looked at me as she noticed my cheeks and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and I walked into a room. I looked around and found some liquid food Sidney could eat. I opened the door to see him standing there.

I gave him a smile.
“Did you get lost?” I asked.
He smiled.
“Somewhat”
I nodded and began walking.

“LA, Why’d you leave?”
I looked at him.
“I wanted to see other places besides California. I got into all the schools I chose but I fell in love with UND’s Campus” I told him.
He nodded and I opened the door to Sidney’s room.

“Well I got the strongest stuff here” I told Sidney.

He nodded and asked what it was, through his whiteboard.

“Chicken soup. You should be able to taste it” I told him.

He nodded slowly and I began prepping it. It began moving in the tube, that happened to me in his nose and he made a gagging noise.

“Yes I’m sure you’ll be happy to know that you haven’t lost weight” I said.

He nodded and I walked to the screen. I typed in something and turned back to the whiteboard and wrote he was on an all-liquid diet. I wrote his height and his weight down and turned back to the screen. I finished off and closed the cap.

“If you need anything, you can press the red button I’ll leave you guys alone” I said.

I got my cards and walked out of the room. I sat by the door and I opened my box. I felt someone sit next to me and I glanced up. James smiled at me and looked at my flashcards.
“Need help?”
I smiled and handed him my flashcards. He sat up a little and cleared his throat.

“Ok, let’s get this going”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy late thanksgiving my American readers!