Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Thirty Five

Bella’s POV
I woke up and closed my eyes. I stretched and groaned a little as I felt the soreness in my legs and in between them. I opened my eyes and I smiled a little. A tattooed arm was somewhat keeping me warm. I felt James stir and he let in a deep breath and moved. I felt him move my hair and he pressed me closer to him.

“Bella…. are you awake?”

“Shhh” I mumbled as I closed my eyes and cuddled up to him.

He chuckled and lifted himself up. I opened my eyes and he sat up. He covered me up and reached for a pair of boxers.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“Bathroom, I need to pee like really bad”

I leaned back on the pillow and smiled only to groan a few seconds later to my pager going off. I sat up and looked at it. Fuck! I slipped on my bra and panties just in time for James to come out. He looked at me confused and he frowned when he saw my pager blinking.

“What are you doing?”

“I got called in” I said.

He looked at me and then at the time. He nodded and looked at me again.

“Ok, um shower and I’ll make you something to go. You have scrubs here don’t panic”

I nodded and ran into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and dried myself up. I changed into some clean undergarments and slipped on my scrubs. I walked downstairs and smiled when James looked up.

“Here you go babe, hard boiled eggs and crackers. You got to eat something”

I nodded and kissed him as I got my stuff.

“What time are you getting out?”

“I’d say at 2” I said.

He nodded and rubbed my arm.

“Ok drive safe”

I nodded and kissed him again and left.

“We’ll talk later!”

I turned to him and he smiled.

“Bye!”

I jogged over to my car and turned it on. I turned it on and pulled out of his drive way. Now I feel like an ass for leaving after sex. I’ll make it up to him.
-------------------

James’ POV

I walked into the emergency part of the hospital and Chris walked over to me.

“Here you go man” I said handing him a duffle bag. Inside were clothes and scrubs that were Bella’s.

She’d texted me asking me if I could bring them to her, apparently she left that in my car and I never noticed it was in there.

“Thanks Man. She had to use one of Jas shirts and well it’s not fitting well in a department”

I chuckled when he pretended he had boobs. He looked around and whistled. I followed his gaze and spotted Bella walking around. She gave me a smile and took the bag from Chris. She was wearing her white coat so you really couldn’t see her upper body.

“Oh thank god I can finally change”

I smiled and Bella kissed my cheek as she got my hand.

“What happened? That you had to change” I asked her as I followed her into a small room.

She opened the door and I followed closing it behind us. The room had two bunk beds, but no one was asleep.

“There was a lot of blood, and I got soaked in it since I had to calm him down”

She closed the door and slipped off her lab coat. She then slipped off her shirt and I looked at her chest. Yes, I’m a lucky man. She followed my gaze and rolled her eyes. I grinned at her and she slipped on her shirt. She reached for her labcoat and slipped it on.

“You shouldn’t do that infront of me, not with those beds there” I said.

She laughed and fixed the cuffs on her coat.

“Why not? You’ve seen me naked”

I laughed and walked over to her.

“Do you know what you do to me? I know I’ve seen you naked, it was nice” I said snaking my arms around her.

She smiled and just as we were about to kiss her pager rang. I sighed and stepped back. She adjusted her coat and looked at me. She slapped my arm lightly as she made her way to the door.

“I’m out in 20, walk around and do what you want. If they ask if your James Neal just say you’ve heard that a lot”

I laughed and she left the room. I walked out and looked around…what to do?
--------------
Bella’s POV
I was finally out; I had changed into regular clothes. Jeans and a simple blouse because honestly I was probably going to go home and cuddle next to James all day. I spotted Chris and he began walking over to me. I tossed my keys to him and he nodded as he slipped them into his scrub pockets. I had picked them up this morning because they had been called in as well. He adjusted his coat and looked at me.

“Are you spending the night at James’?”

I shook my head and he nodded as he grabbed a tablet from the desk he was. He saluted me before walking away from James and I.

“Kay see you around!”

I nodded and we headed outside. I looked around and spotted James’ car. I laughed and James turned to me. He raised an eyebrow and bumped me with his hip.

“What?”

I looked at James and smiled.

“You are such a boy” I said shaking my head at him.

He laughed and opened the door for me. I got into the car and fixed the duffle bag in my lap. He got into the car and he turned to me and turned on his car.

“Can you drive stick?”

“I can drive both” I said as he began pulling out of his parking spot.

He looked at me surprised and I smiled. I nodded and sat up a little. He took the dufflebag from my lap and tossed it to the back.

“Chris’ dad taught me how to drive stick. Said I needed it incase I committed grand theft auto, he said he wouldn’t teach me how to highwire a car” I said.

He laughed and I smiled because he looked adorable with his eyes squinting and all.

“Did you eat your eggs?”

I looked at him and nodded. I patted his arm and he looked at me.

“Yes James and thank you” I told him.

He smiled and turned back to look at the road.

“No problem. What are you in the mood for? I’m starving and I ate after you”

“Honestly anything” I said leaning back.

He nodded and began driving towards a place I was very familiar with.

“Ok steak it is”

I laughed and looked at him. I shook my head and smiled at him. He reached for my hand and gave it a squeeze.

“You and those steaks” I said as he lifted my hand and brought it against his mouth.

“They are delicious”

I nodded agreeing and he began driving to Eric’s diner.

“So they called you in for a kid?”

I nodded and leaned back on the seat.

“The kid was a wreck though James. He was strong for a 15 year old. I think my arm is going to bruise because yes he was bleeding but he wouldn’t let us touch him. I had to calm him down and once he saw the needle he freaked again. I got the needle in though and he knocked out” I said.

He glanced at me and I sighed.

“What is up with hockey players thinking the worse when they are injured?” I asked.

He stopped in a red light and looked at me. He shrugged a little and smiled.

“It’s what we do babe”

I nodded and sighed.

“I guess, but the injuries I’ve seen. Like I get if he had a broken jaw like Sidney did then I will allow him to panic” I said.

He laughed and glanced at me.

“You know you can call him Sid”

I smiled.

“I see it bugs you too. I call him Sidney because he has a girl name. Unisex my ass” I said.

He laughed and pulled into the diner.

“She brought the baby!” I squealed looking at my phone.

James looked at me and laughed as I ran into the diner. He followed closely behind.
-------------
James’ POV

I followed Bella in and I saw her looking into a carrier. She kneeled down a little and reached inside the carrier.

“She’s so cute!”

I looked at Adrian’s wife to see she looked like an exact replica of Jennifer Lawrence, like blonde and all. Why did I not notice this before? I looked up and noticed Adrian behind his wife.

“Doesn’t she look more like the misses?”

Bella laughed and looked down at the baby. I looked at them and smiled down at the baby. The little girl opened her eyes and I smiled when I saw the bright blue she had.

“Congrats” I told them as I looked at them.

He looked up and gave me a smile.

“Thanks”

I looked at the bundle in Bella’s arms and smiled.

“James, we’ve met already” I said extending my hand to his wife.

“I know but I was so out of it that day. You are as good looking as they say you are”

I smiled and she shook it my hand. She was extremely clammy and cold.

“You look pale”

Bella handed me the baby and I looked down at the little girl. She wiggled in my arms and gripped onto my shirt. For a newborn baby she was a big baby. I can see why her mom was complaining how she would give birth to her.

“I feel fine. They said it was the blood loss so they have me on so much antibiotics”

I looked at Bella who nodded and stuck out her lip a little something I noticed she did when she thought. She was squatting in front of Charlotte. Bella looked up at her and nodded.

“You can’t breast feed then”

Charlotte shook her head and she looked at me. Well not at me, at her baby I was carrying.

“No, they said it was to risky and it’s not like anything has come out. They just swell up and hurt”

“Ice them, you should have some breast milk soon. You were a month early as well, but you know Adrian’s child decided to come out early”

Charlotte nodded and looked at her. Adrian chuckled and Charlotte closed her eyes

“Everything hurts though. She cries a lot, like screams”

Bella frowned and squeezed her hand.

“Well was it worth it?”

“Honestly yes. I have my little girl now. In a year or two we’ll be aiming for #2”

Bella laughed when Adrian pretended he didn’t hear that. She stood up and she took the baby from me and Adrian got her. He smiled down at his daughter and adjusted her in his arms. Eric walked over with his phone sticking out. Bella looked at it and laughed when he told her a call from the Mississippi.

“Hey dork”

I raised an eyebrow and Eric asked me what I wanted to eat.

“The usual” I told him.

He laughed but nodded and looked at Bella. She laughed and gave him her order. He nodded and she looked at me.

“When are you playing James?”

“Uh if all goes well. I play when we play the Blues” I said reaching for the menu to hand it to Eric.

She smiled and cocked her head to the side.

“You better not. I will hurt you I don’t care if I have to go to Missouri I will kick your short behind. You also need a haircut because that hair is just horrible. You look like a girl,Cut it or I’ll go there myself to cut it”

She laughed and smiled at the table. She shook her head and hummed. She looked at her hands and smiled.

“I don’t know I feel like letting you sweat it out. Go ask her and then I’ll send you my ring size. I can be an asshole all I want because at the end of the day you need my ring size to get that engagement ring.”

She laughed again and looked at her

“I’m kidding Teej. You know I’ll send it to you later on. Email of course cause she looks through your texts. Huh I feel like crying, because you are finally going to ask. Like about time you old fart”

She rolled her eyes and frowned. She reached for a fry and popped it in her mouth. She made gagging noises and laughed.

“Love you too Teej. I hope you fall on your face, bye”

She hung up and looked at me.

“College friend”

I nodded and she smiled.

“Her baby is so adorable!”

I laughed and looked at her.

“You like kids?” I asked taking a sip of my water.

“Of course I love kids. They are so adorable with their pudgy faces and feet”

I nodded and smiled at her.

“So you have performed a surgery?” I asked.

She nodded and leaned back.

“My first surgery ever was an easy one. I had to remove a hernia and stitch her up”

I nodded.

“And you get to be a part of the surgery tomorrow?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Yes, this one is like a heart surgery, but it’s all computers”

I raised an eyebrow and she clicked her tongue.

“Ok basically he has an extra artery which is pumping more blood in him. They’re going to remove it and he should be fine”

“And no complications usually occur?” I asked her.

“It can happen. There is always a small chance that something bad will occur, but you have to push it aside because at the end of the day these people trust you with their lives”

I nodded and looked up.

“Thanks man” I said getting the steak.

Eric nodded and looked at Bella who picked at her green peas. Eric rolled his eyes and slapped her hand. She made a face and he moved his hand.

“What’d he want?”

Bella laughed and shook her head.

“Ring size because she owns no rings. Ali owns a bunch of rings he just needs to find them”

Eric nodded and looked at her.

“We she’s been waiting for a while now. She’s carrying his baby and they’ve been living with each other for like 5 years”

Bella nodded and took a bite from her chicken.

“Exactly but you know how afraid he was of commitment. He cried when she made him put the seat down. Let’s not forget he fainted when she told him that she was pregnant”

Eric laughed and nodded.

“Timmy has always been a girl when it comes to that. You practically made them happen. Ali was to stubborn because she wanted him to make the move and you kind of were like shut up and kiss”

Bella slapped his arm and he laughed as he walked away. Bella looked at me and smiled as she put more chicken in her mouth. Even with her cheeks slightly puffed up she still looked beautiful.
-------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy day after New Years lol. I am so tired it is not even funny. I go back to school on Sunday so i will post two tomorrow, two on Saturday and one after i get settled in school if i have time. I doubt i will post everyday starting Monday though considering Monday's and Wednesday's are my days where i'm going to want to kill myself (I won't but you guys get me)