Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Thirty Seven

Bella’s POV
“Room 5”

I nodded and rubbed my eyes. I was beyond tired and I needed a break. I got the tablet and saw a nurse walking out of the room I was in.

“He’s on pain meds right now”

I nodded and walked over to the coffee table. I filled a cup and downed it down. Nope this wasn’t going to work. I just needed to get this patient checked up and I could sleep. I walked into the hospital room and stopped when I saw Beau lying on the hospital bed. I raised an eyebrow and looked at the tablet in my hand. Bennett, Beau scheduled for hand surgery? What the hell did this idiot do now?

“Hello” I said giving him a smile.

He blinked lazily on my and I saw his hand. I frowned and shook my head. He groaned a little and I walked over to him.

“Well I need to get an x-ray on that hand” I said.

He nodded and looked at me. He was on good pain meds by the looks of it because his eyes were starting to droop.

“They said it’s broken”

I made a face and nodded. I lifted the bandaged and looked at the mangled hand. Oh god yea it was, no hand should look that way. I covered it and nodded at him.

“Yea I can see it and confirm it, but we still need an X-ray to see where it’s broken” I told him.

He nodded slowly and told me to do my job and that he trusted me.

“Got it” I said.

He got on the wheelchair and the x-rays were pretty fast. He did in fact have a broken hand.

“It will not heal on it’s own” I said looking at the X-ray.

He sighed and I looked at him.

“Everything happens for a reason bud. No need to worry now. You will be fine because we have the best of the best here” I said.

“When would I have surgery? Can you call my girlfriend?”

I helped him on the bed and I looked at the tablet.

“By the looking at this I’ll say Monday” I said noticing some spots were empty.

He frowned a little. It was Sunday morning after all.

“You are stuck here my friend” I said as I got a blanket.

He frowned and I adjusted his pillows.

“That sucks, call Janet”

“You should be out Monday night though and you will have 3 surgeons around you so no need to worry. I'll have Jas call her kay?” I said giving his thigh a tap.

He nodded slowly and I smiled.

“Don’t worry we’ll take care of you” I said touching his cheek.

Beau was like a younger brother. I would certainly take care of him. Janet was his on and off girlfriend. honestly he was head over heels for her but they would break up so she could focus on school. They didn't talk and all, and then once that was over they began talking again.

“It’s my birthday on Wednesday”

He frowned and I nodded at him.

“I know” I said looking at the time.

It was very early in the morning, about 4 in the morning.

“How can you be awake at this time?”

“I have an 8 hour break after you. I get back at noon but I’m just staying here. Sleeping in the bunks” I said.

He nodded.

“Go to sleep Beau. You shouldn’t be up at this time. Just relax” I said as I pressed on a button so he could get some pain meds.

He nodded and looked at me.

“Who’s going to be your backup?”

“Chris will be taking care of you, ” I said.

He nodded and Jas came in rubbing her eyes. She looked at Beau’s hand and made a face.

“Ouch Beau”

Beau nodded and she looked at him. His eyes were starting to get glossy from the meds he was on.

“Oh you’re the reason why Leonard is moving two surgeries around. You’re a 6am tomorrow”

Beau groaned and I looked at him. Chris walked in rubbing his eyes.

“What did you do now? The nurses are already talking about you. Oh em gee a Penguin is here and he is gorg, I figured it was you or Olli when they said blonde and blue eyes.”

Beau frowned and Dr. Leonard walked in and smiled at Beau.

“You two are scrubbing in. Martinez and Hernandez”

I nodded and Chris looked at me. He knew how much I hated Ortho surgeries. He nodded and Dr. Leonard looked at Beau. She looked at his hand and nodded.

“Gonzalez switch my 6am to a 2am. His hand is swelling up. Athletes come first. Give him something to un-swell that hand and remember Gonzalez he has allergies”

Jas nodded and left to get Beau his medicine. Chris looked at me and cocked his head to the side.

“I thought elder people came first?”

She looked at Chris and smiled at him.

“Did you just wake up?”

He nodded.

“That explains why you’re stating stupid things. That’s why you’re so pretty and talented”

He frowned and I smiled. Beau groaned when he laughed as his sore body moved when he laughed. Chris elbowed me and I crossed my arms and nodded.

“This surgery is pretty long. If we get you in at 2am we should be out at 6am. You’re an athlete so we have other things to worry about”

I stopped and looked at Beau.

“Does your leg still hurt?” I asked him.

He shook his head and I nodded slowly.

“You probably had a strain. You hand is broken but you should be out and about in 10 weeks or so”

Beau nodded and I gave him a smile. He yawned and Jas came in. She began looking at the tablet as he leaned back and closed his eyes. Chris walked over to Jas and made a face when he saw the hand. Jas handed him the needle and beau flinched a little when Chris gave him the meds. I cleared my throat and waved at them.

“Well I’ll see you guys in 8 hours” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
My last day in LA before i head back to school to take 15 units for the winter quarter. Oh the quarter system.