Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Thirty Eight

Thanksgiving day
Bella’s POV

Beau was fast asleep on the couch, Borts right next to him being the nice boyfriend he is. I kid they are not dating, but they sure act like it. The guys were getting ready to go to Tampa for a roady so they wouldn’t spend it here. I was mad at James but as he said it was a sacrifice he had to make for playing hockey. He then made a comment that hurt my feelings. He said thanksgiving was stupid, and that it was an unnecessary holiday.

“Where’s the turkey?”

I smiled at Adam and shrugged.

“It’s being made at the diner. Eric’s heading over with it like at 5, well I have to pick him up” I said.

He nodded and I began taking out the ingredients to make mashed potato.

“Need help?”

“Sure can you check on the pies” I said.

He nodded and looked inside the oven. I got the hot potatoes and Chris walked in holding a box.

“Put it in the fridge” I told him.

“Does it even fit in there?”

I nodded and Adam opened the fridge door. I heard the door open again and laughter. James was here.

He walked into the kitchen and gave me a smile.

“What’s cooking?”

“Thanksgiving dinner sides” I said.

James nodded and looked at me.

“Need help?”

“Not really” I said.

He nodded and put his hands into his pocket. He realized I was giving him the cold shoulder about two days ago. I just gave him two word answers and told him I was busy.

“Bella”

I looked at him and saw he was trying to read me. I looked back down at the food.

“When do you leave?” I asked.

He looked at the time.

“Not for another two hours”

I nodded and looked at him. He tried to snake his arms around me, but moved away from him.

“I’m kind of busy” I told him.

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

“Did I do something?”

I shrugged and he walked over to me. He tried to hug me and I pulled away from his grasp and opened the fridge.

“I’m kind of busy James not right now”

He looked at me and nodded. He walked to the living room where I heard him and Bort talking.

“Need help?”

I looked up at Adam and he checked on the pies in the oven. He looked at James who was mumbling away with Bortz who shrugged. They both looked at me and Adam looked at them.

“You dug this one on your own Neal”

James looked at Adam confused.

“Thanksgiving is stupid?”

James face fell and I continued making the mashed potato.

“If you knew Bella like you said you did you would know that Thanksgiving means a lot to Bella”

James tried to get my eye contact but I avoided it.

“Bella loves cooking and having everyone who she thinks is special to her around her that day. That and Christmas too cause they’re family holidays, something she didn’t have for the first 4 years of her life”

Adam was next to me in a matter of seconds. He took the spoon from me and I saw James get up when he saw me wipe my eyes.

“I need some fresh air” I mumbled.

Adam nodded and I walked outside. I looked up at the sky and I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry”

I shrugged and blinked.

“Bells you know you can cry”

I looked at James and blinked even faster.

“Bella”

I looked at James and laughed.

“It’s stupid I know” I said.

He shook his head and looked down at me.

“Of course not. I forget you’re sensitive Bella and I should watch what I say”

I nodded and he wiped my eyes with his thumbs.

“You can cry Bella”

I looked at him and he rubbed my cheeks.

“It doesn’t make you vulnerable. You hide your emotions so well I forget you actually have feeling sometimes”

I laughed and he pulled me into a hug.

“I’m sorry”

I looked at him.

“It’s fine” I told him.

“No it’s not. Family means a lot to you and you aren’t talking with your mom right now”

I nodded slowly and he smiled.

“I apologized to her and we talked”

I looked at him.

“You talked with my mom?” I asked.

He smiled and nodded.

“Yea, she’s your mom and I don’t like seeing you upset”

He rubbed my arms and pecked my lips.

“You can also be mean when you’re mad at me”

I smiled and he kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug.

“You done crying?”

I nodded into his chest and he pulled away.

“Come on let’s go inside”

I nodded and we walked back in. I looked at Borts and smiled at him.

“Rob, is Beau up?” I asked him.

He looked up from his phone and shook his head.

“Well wake him up. He needs to shower” I said as I began taking out some appetizers.

“You don’t have work?”

I looked at my mom and saw James was gone now.

“Yea in two days though. I worked a graveyard last night” I said.

Lisa had gone home to Cali, so my parents were staying in her room.

“Oh”

I nodded and put the 5 bottles of wine in the cooler.

“How has work been?”

“It’s been well” I said as I took out the fruit salad.

“Bella”

I looked up and saw Beau was looking at me.

“Can you?”

I nodded and got a plastic bag. I taped his arm well and he walked into my room. I looked back at the food and my mom cleared her throat.

“I though you didn’t like fish”

I looked at my mom.

“I don’t but that doesn’t mean I can’t cook it” I said as I put a toothpick across every shrimp.

I took out the sauces and James walked in. He looked at my mom and then at me.

“I’ll help with those. Borts come help”

They took most of the appetizers outside and Beau walked into the kitchen half naked. My mom looked at him stunned and shook her head.

“Jesus”

I rolled my eyes and looked at Beau. Beau apologized to her and she nodded when she realized he kind of had to come in half naked. I smiled a little when she ogled him. I un-taped his arm and he rubbed his face with the towel as he dried himself.

“Can you help me with the other brace?”

I nodded and followed him to the living room. I tightened his brace and helped him into his flannel shirt. I helped him into his jacket and smiled at him.

“You can nap now” I said.

He nodded.

“I’m going to go outside, I haven’t seen some of the guys and they’re leaving soon”

I nodded and he left outside. I heard my mom move around inspecting what I was doing. She’s probably here because Adam hasn’t told her about his girlfriend.

“Adam has a girlfriend”

I nodded and looked at my mom. I was right.

“He does” I said.

“Well what’s her name?”

“Shouldn’t you be asking him that question” I said looking at her.

She sighed and looked into the hall.

“I was wrong”

I crossed my arms.

“He treats you well and I was wrong to judge him”

I nodded.

“I apologized to him. To James.”

My eyes almost went wide when she said that. My mom never admits she’s wrong. James talked with her and I thank him for that, but he actually got an apology from her.

“And I want to apologize to you for what I did”

I shrugged.

“You’re my mom it’s kind of your job. I just thought you wanted time to cool off” I said.

She smiled and nodded. The phone rang and I looked at the caller ID.

“What up Eric?” I asked.

I made a face and nodded.

“Will do, I’m on my way” I said.

I ended the call and got my bag.

“I’ll finish up. Take someone with you”

I looked around and got Beau’s hand.

“We’re going to the Diner” I said.

“But you need people with hands”

I rolled my eyes and looked at him.

“I do not come on” I said
-------------------
Bella’s POV
We walked into the diner and I looked around.

“Eric!” I said.

Adrian gave me a smile and hugged me.

“Happy thanksgiving buttface” I told Adrian.

He laughed and kissed my cheek.

“Are you coming over?” I asked.

“Of course I am, I’m closing though, how many people are coming though? That’s a huge ass turkey that he deep fried”

I nodded and he man hugged Beau.

“What time is dinner anyways Bells?”

We heard a cup break and I looked at Adrian. He sighed and looked around.

“Head on to the back and help your brother with the turkey and ham”

We nodded and I led Beau to the kitchen. He walked in and his eyes went wide when he saw all the turkeys. I laughed when he mumbled something.

“I’ve died and gone to Heaven”

Eric laughed and looked at Beau’s hand. Beau’s fingers were not swollen anymore because he did swell up yesterday. He whined about his fingers and I gave him medicine. He spend most of his birthday asleep. I then helped him feed himself because he was so out of it. Let me tell you Borts found this hilarious. James wasn’t here yesterday because he was busy and he said he didn’t want to get in my way with Thanksgiving preparations.

“Ours needs a good 5 minutes to sit to let out all the fat.”

I nodded and I sat down on a chair. Beau walked over and peeked at the turkeys. He is such a child sometimes.

“Why so many?”

Eric looked at Beau

“Well Beau these are for my chefs, and workers. They got a family too and I’m holding them up till closing so might as well give them a turkey”

Eric was really generous and he did everything he could for his workers. They were family because we had the same people working here since opening day. Eric was 21 at that time.

“That’s nice of you”

Eric shrugged and he looked up at one of his workers.

“They have names on the aluminum foil so just come get yours and I’ll see you on Saturday. Enjoy your break”

I gave his workers a smile and I took out my phone. James was wondering where I was, and if I was with Beau. The guys were really protective of an injured Beau. I made my way over to our ham and picked it up. Beau frowned and I rolled my eyes.

“You can help, just open the trunk” I told him

He nodded and he got the keys from my jacket pocket. I followed him out and we put that in the trunk. Eric and Adrian were making their way over with the turkey when Beau was about to close the trunk. They put it in and Beau got into the car. I got a text from James telling me the WAG’s were getting in. Since the guys weren’t going to be there I decided to make it an even bigger deal. The guys did not like it when they smelled the food that was cooking.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the kings are losing right now, but i don't care right now because i'm just glad we got quick back. Now i must finish watching this game and head out. I then have to come back and continue packing because i'm leaving back to school tomorrow :(