Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Forty

Bella’s POV

Beau, Olli, and Jayson were with me eating lunch at the diner.

“You know James is sorry”

I nodded and looked at them.

“I know he brought me flowers and all. He leaves voicemails, let’s not forget he took me flowers to work. He has been for the past 3 days” I said as I popped a fry in my mouth.

Jayson reached for a fry and looked at me.

“What exactly did he do? He said he messed up, but he won’t exactly say what he did”

“He did something, and now he’s working for it” I said as I ate some of my chicken.

Olli looked at me and I gave him a smile.

“How are you liking Pittsburgh?” I asked.

“I like it, the people here are really nice. This steak is so good!”

I smiled and looked at Jayson.

“Beau was telling me you have a headache?” I said.

He nodded and continued eating.

“You guys just love injuries” I told them.

They laughed and I continued eating. Beau reached for a fry and I looked at the door.

“How’s work?”

“Good, I got to cut some ribs off for an open heart surgery” I said.

Olli’s piece of steak fell from his hand and he looked at me and went back to retrieve it.

“That’s cool”

“Not really I don’t like bones” I said.

Jayson looked at me and cocked his head to the side.

“Why not?”

Beau looked at me and I smiled when Olli stopped eating.

“Flesh eating disease” I told them.

Their eyes widened. Olli leaned a little and he reached for some fries.

“You’ve seen it before?”

I nodded slowly.

“I was in med school at the time, and I was doing hours back in Boston. So this guy comes in, and he has this wound that he says has grown over the past days. He used a white rag to wrap it and when they take it off” I said.

I lifted my arm and they looked at my arm.

“The guys arm had this much of the infection” I said showing them an estimate.

I smiled as their eyes stayed on me, but they continued eating.

“I was in the room when they amputated it out. The sound of that arm being cut” I said shuddering.

Beau rolled his eyes and looked at me.

“Chris and Jas said you don’t even blink when you do that though”

I rolled my eyes.

“I freak out” I said.

“You freak out inside we know, but you do all the time. Your good at it, what’s keeping you against it?”

I looked at Jayson and I shrugged.

“I don’t like bones” I said.

They laughed and I looked at them.

“I saw a very good access of Beau’s wrist. I had to snap that back into place and they drilled into his bone” I said.

“Like a cavity?”

I looked at Olli and nodded.

“Yes, it made noise and all” I said.

He made a face and I nodded.

“Exactly” I said.

“I still think that’s cool”

My phone that was on the table began vibrating. I looked at the phone and ended the call. James could wait. The guys just took a sip of their drink and Olli looked down at his phone.

“So uh James knows we are with you”

“Ignore him” I said eating a piece of my chicken.

Jayson looked at me.

“But…James is scary when he’s angry. He’s going to hit me”

“He won’t lay a hand on you I promise” I said.

Beau put his fork down and looked at me.

“No he didn’t lay a hand on me. He wouldn’t be walking if he had” I said.

He nodded and I took a sip of my lemonade. Eric made his way over and smiled.

“Tell him I’m busy” I said.

Eric laughed and nodded. My phone vibrated and I looked at the text from Pat. I replied to it and put my phone on the table.

“What do you mean he wouldn’t be walking if he had?”

I looked at Jayson.

“I uh almost got taken advantage when I was in med school” I said.

Their eyes widened except Beau’s and I nodded.

“After that I took some classes. I know how to defend myself and all” I said.

“Your fine right?”

I smiled these guys are adorable.

“Yes I am, Tyler kicked his ass. That’s why I’m close friends with Tyler. If I ever decide to go visit Dallas, Texas I have a place to stay” I said.

“How long are you going to ignore Nealer?”

“I forgave him already, it’s just fun to mess with him. He just needs to come forward and face things like a man instead of kissing ass with gifts” I said smiling at them.

They laughed.

“Don’t tell him that though” I said.

My phone rang and I ignored the call. I turned off my phone and looked at them.

“So do you guys got lady friends? Other halves? The love of your lives?” I asked.

Olli blushed lightly and i smiled. I know he was talking with Janet's best friend.

"How's Elsa right?" i asked.

"She's well"

I smiled.

"Aww you really like her" i told her.

He nodded slowly and i smiled.

"That's cute, she's a gorgeous girl. Her and her doggy" i said.

He smiled and i turned to Beau.

"Are you back with Janet?" i asked.

"Kinda?"

I laughed and nodded.

"What about you Jayson?" i asked.

"Uh no"

“Why not? You are gorgeous guy” I said.

I smiled when I saw a blush appear on his cheeks. I looked up and smiled when I saw Chris. He tossed me a box and I opened it.

“Aww you shouldn’t have” I told him.

“Just hide it for me. She’d find it if I keep it around the complex”

“Yea she’s already hinting out” I said.

He nodded and looked at the guys. He said hi to them and Eric whistled at him. He nodded and Eric disappeared.

“Dude we all know she’s going to say yes to you” I said admiring the ring.

Chris rolled his eyes and sighed.

“Try it on you idiot”

I rolled my eyes and slipped on the ring. Jas and I were the same size.

“I see how it is, using me for my ring size. What a best friend you are” I told him.

Chris rolled his eyes and I looked at him.

“Your other best friend at 12 o’clock”

I put my left hand and the box under the table and Chris had to sit down. The guys chuckled and Jas made her way over to us.

“Hey guys”

I smiled at her and she sat next to Chris. She kissed his cheek and waved at the guys.

“So James gave me a call”

I looked at her.

“I know he’s called everyone” I said.

“So what were you two talking about?”

The table stayed quiet and Olli looked at her.

“Cavities”

“A cavity? Why?”

“Bones”

“Ahh Bella’s fear of broken bones. Chris says it’s because of the flesh eating thing that happened when she was in med school”

“That was gross”

I nodded and continued eating.

“So you just got out?”

I nodded and Jas looked at Chris. I handed the box to Beau who put it in his pocket.

“I’m going to head home, I’m tired”

The guys all stood up and she hugged beau. He froze when she tapped the box on his leg. Chris paled and looked at me.

“What is that?”

“My pain meds”

“Oh cool”

She hugged him and she hugged the other guys. I hugged her and she kissed Chris goodbye. She left and Chris sat on the chair.

“I need a drink, now before I die”
♠ ♠ ♠
So...uh my mac is being stupid and asking me for a keychain password. It also wont let me log on to many of my programs so i have a laptop that is useless at the moment. -___-

I have moved into school and i'm chilling on my bed, but i doubt i will post tomorrow considering i've got all my classes.