Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Forty Two

Christmas Eve
James’ POV

I knocked on the door and adjusted the duffle bag I had as well as the gift bags I had. The door opened and it was Adam, eating a lollipop. He looked at me and stepped a little back so I could come in.

“Come on in man. You’re here early”

I nodded and he took the bag from me.

“You brought your clothes as well look at you James. You remembered! Anyways, Bella your boyfriend is here!”

I laughed and followed him into the hall. He knocked on Bella’s door and she opened the door. She was wearing a white dress and she had no shoes on. Her hair was up in an updo and she was done with her make up.

“You’re here early”

I nodded and she walked over to me. She pecked my lips and Adam pretended to gag.

“Oh you want a hug” I told him as I looked at Adam.

“No!”

He ran out of the room and Bella looked at me.

“You will one day tell me why he is so afraid of your hugs”

I smiled and kissed her cheek.

“One day” I told her.

“Well go to the living room”

I nodded and kissed her one more time. I walked out of the room and into the living room to see TJ on the couch with his girlfriend, now fiancé tucked in under his arm.

“Did Beau call?”

Bella walked in and nodded. She was wearing sandals now and glasses.

“Yes the blonde idiot is safe in Cali once again”

She sat on the couch and closed her eyes. TJ looked at her and then at me. Ali was the first to talk after she shifted.

“How long was that shift you worked?”

“12 hours, Teej I need your help in the kitchen”

Bella stood up and walked to the kitchen. TJ excused himself and walked to the kitchen. I was left in the room alone with TJ Oshie’s fiancé. She looked at me and cocked her head to the side.

“I doubt you remember my name”

I smiled and nodded.

“Allison” I told her.

She nodded and flinched.

“Need help?” I asked standing up.

“Yes please, she kicks”

I nodded and helped her sit up right.

“Nice ring” I said.

She smiled and looked at it.

“He proposed on Thanksgiving”

“Congrats” I told her.

She nodded and I heard the doorbell ring. Adam rushed down the stairs fixing his hair. He walked to the hall and I looked at her.

“You’ve made her happy right?”

I nodded and she smiled. I then shrugged and she laughed.

“Good, Bella deserves the best”

I smiled and looked at her.

“How’d you meet Bella?” I asked her as I sat next to her.

She looked at me and flinched a little. I’m guessing the baby was kicking.

“She was my roommate in UND”

I nodded and she smiled.

“Bella’s real smart. I knew she was going to be a Doctor or lawyer one day. Everyone knew she would never go for a guy like Jonathan Toews. He liked her for her body, never for her personality”

I nodded and Jasmine walked into the room. She squealed and walked over to Allison.

“Look at you! You’re stunning and pregnant”

Jas hugged her and I noticed Jas wearing a bracelet. Adam was telling me the path through out a relationship. It’s earrings, necklace, bracelet and when you’re ready you buy a ring.

“I love your bracelet”

“Thank you, Chris got it for me for my birthday”

Allison looked at me and I shrugged. I stood up and walked to the kitchen. TJ was drinking a glass of wine. They both looked up at me and I walked over to them.

“You leave your fiancé for a glass of wine?” I asked him.

He chuckled and nodded. He then pulled me into a hug and gave me a pat on the back. I pulled away and looked at him.

“Yea, and Bella is updating me on the drama in this household. Apparently Adam has a girlfriend”

“I think she’s here. He was fixing his hair and all.” I said.

“Yea that was him, Eric just got back with the food so can you two help me?”

I nodded and TJ put his cup down. He told his fiancé he was going to help us out and he followed us out.

“That’s a shit load of food”

“You can take some home”

TJ grinned and nodded. They began setting up the table and I helped put the food in the middle.

“When are you asking?”

Eric rolled his eyes and looked at TJ who grinned at him.

“Will people quit asking me that?”

I chuckled and Eric looked at Bella.

“After dinner”

“I need you and Adam to do me a favor”

“I charge”

Eric looked up and Adam grinned at him.

“Just kidding”

“Got it, going back inside. When are we eating?”

“In like 10 minutes”

He nodded and Bella began lighting candles. Mel came out and I gave her a smile.

“You look good” I told her.

“Aww thanks James. Need help?”

“Yes can you help me set the chairs out? Leave that one for Allison”

“Aww Allison is here?”

TJ looked at her.

“Sorry didn’t see you shorty”

He frowned at her but she walked over to him. They hugged and Adam walked over to Bella. He said something to her in Spanish and she laughed. She patted his shoulder and followed him inside. Eric looked at me and he grinned lightly.

“Adam is getting grilled tonight!”

I followed them inside to see a big tall man standing next to Opal. That big biker man, was her father. Yup, he is totally getting grilled tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i'm totally pissed off that James isn't on Team Canada's roster. It's a good thing i am american and will be cheering for Team USA. I'm so happy Jamie Benn made the team though, but i'm worried that he won't play as well considering Seguin didn't make the team.

Anyways, i am feeling way better now. The good thing is my secondary discussions don't start till next week so i don't have class today or Thursday. I need to go buy textbooks though. I spend like $100 on online homework programs though -__-. the good thing is the Chemistry book doesn't change, but i need to buy a calculus one and my photography class books.

I may feel well now, but i need to eat food and i'm afraid nothing will stay in me.