Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Forty Three

Bella’s POV

I looked at Mel who wouldn’t stop looking at her left hand. A ring was now on her left hand and she was smiling from ear to ear all while she was sniffling. She had stopped crying but you could tell she had been crying due to the fact that her nose was pink and her eyes were red. My brother was smiling and he had his normal skin tone color once again. She looked at me and I laughed when she turned her hand to me and pointed at the ring.

“Did you know?”

“Of course I did, do you not remember me trying on rings with you?” I asked as I winked at her.

She laughed and TJ cleared his throat.

“Can we discuss how scared Adam looked a while ago?”

Eric laughed and nodded as James and TJ sat up. I smiled and crossed my arms in front of my chest. Adam looked at us and frowned.

“You looked like you were about to shit your pants” I told him.

“I know thank you for stating the obvious”

I smiled at him and James moved over and patted the space next to him. I made my way over and took a seat next to him.

“Her dad is a sweetheart though” I stated.

Eric looked at me and so did Adam.

“She’s his little girl guys! Teej in a few years you will be doing the same. All of you guys will be when you’re parents” I said.

The guys all looked at me and even James nodded. I smiled and sat up a little.

“I just love how he’s mush in his daughter’s hands”

Eric and Adam both started laughing and I smiled. James looked at me and Eric chuckled.

“You would know that right Bells?”

I winked at Eric, and TJ laughed.

“Mr. M is a pretty intimidating man, but he’s cool. As soon as he knows you aren’t interested in his daughter you’re good”

James laughed and TJ looked at him.

“You just got blessed because you’re a Penguin. He hates Toews”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at TJ.

“I never even dated him” I said.

Ali laughed and nodded.

“You went on one date with him though”

I raised an eyebrow and then nodded remembering.

“I did but it was because you didn’t want to go alone with TJ and you suggested it. TJ being as nervous as he was agreed. I just sat and glared at you guys while he blabbered about god knows what” I said.

They both nodded and TJ smiled.

“The food was bomb though”

I nodded and smiled.

“I miss North Dakota” I said sighing happily.

James looked at me and I pushed his forehead back. He laughed and I looked at my brothers.

“He has a soft spot though, Opal’s dad I mean” I said sitting up.

Ali nodded and I smiled at her.

“You just keep making Opal happy. As long as Opal laughs you will be fine”

Adam nodded and I smiled.

“When are you buying her earrings?”

Adam rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“Nope, not yet”

“Then what’d you get her?” I asked.

“Perfume”

I nodded and sat up. Adam looked at me and smiled.

“Let’s go skating”

“Let’s not” I said.

Ali nodded.

“Yea I kind of don’t want to be near ice or snow. I want to see where I’m going”

I nodded and James looked at me.

“I kind of want more food”

I laughed and Mel looked at him.

“It’s a good thing you are fit James. There’s more food in the kitchen and fridge”

James nodded and stood up. Ali looked at TJ and he nodded. He stood up and looked at us.

“Well we are going to bed because I know you guy don’t want to see a cranky Ali tomorrow morning”

I nodded and they made their way upstairs. TJ then came back up and reached for the present I had given him. I laughed as he lifted the box and looked at me with a grin.

“Pshh I’m trying on that suit”

James walked out of the kitchen eating cheesecake and he looked at the box TJ had in his hands. James looked at the tree and noticed his gift from me was a box as well.

“It’s going to fit unless your ass got bigger. I had Ali send me your measurements and I send them to Stella. She said she fixed the waist because you look thinner” I said as TJ made his way over to the stairs.

TJ nodded and walked upstairs. Eric and Mel decided to go to their room as well and Chris and Jas looked at each other.

“Well”

I laughed and so did James when Jas swatted Chris’ hand away from her.

“We’re going to head onto bed. She’s got a gift she’s been wearing all day that I want to see”

I laughed and shook my head as Chris threw Jas over his shoulder and got the bag of gifts. Adam looked at James and I, and then looked around.

“uhhh”

James laughed and shook his head.

“Well I want to see how this suit looks”

Adam laughed and we let James open that gift first. He ripped the wrapping paper like a 2 year old and looked at the box. His eyes widened when he saw “STELLA MALONE” in big letters. He looked at me and his jaw slacked a little.

“Do you know how much her clothes cost? Do you know how long it takes to let alone get in contact with this girl?”

Adam started laughing and James looked at him. I shook my head at Adam who laughed a little.

“She makes some of Bella’s Jeans”

James looked at me and I smiled.

“Stella is an old friend. We went to school together, not college or anything, but we’re childhood friends” I said.

“I’ll say, who leaves these kind of notes”

Adam got the note and laughed. He handed it to me and I looked at James as my eyes went down to the note.

“Keep scoring goals, and I’ll make sure Bella gives you a show”

He opened the box and he lifted the suit and smiled a little. It was a black suit. James didn’t own a black one yet. He lifted the purple shirt and looked at the tie.

“This is really nice”

I smiled.

“It should fit you, Stella said you have a girl waist”

James looked at Adam who shrugged.

“You kind of do” I said.

James laughed and looked at the suit.

“Ok Adam open your present” I said leaning back on the couch.

Adam looked at us and scratched his neck.

“Do you guys want to be left alone?”

“No” I said opening my arms.

“My presents can wait then”

James laughed as Adam cuddled up to my other side so I was sitting in between them.

I opened a part of James’ gift and I was now looking at hockey skates.

“These are expensive”

Adam reached for one and looked at the blade. James shrugged and we decided gifts could wait for tomorrow. James turned on the TV and walked over to the closet. He pulled out two big blankets and walked over to Adam and I.

“Thanks”

“For?” I asked.

“Opal’s dad loves me now, somewhat at least”

I laughed and rubbed his arm. I looked up at James and saw his attention was on the TV. A 26 year old watching UP, yup this was a sight. Him and those shorts that showed his toned thighs. Oh god James thought I did things to him he doesn’t need to know what he does to me.