Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Fifty Five

James’s POV
I sat down next to Chris who was still in his scrubs.

“You literally just came in time” I told him.

He nodded and took the beer I was handing him. He took a sip of the beer and I looked at the screen. Adam and Lisa were taking a drink of their water and I noticed their costumes were different. He wore a white button down shirt and black slacks while Lisa had a purple dress on. Some of his button down was see through so many tweens were probably swooning over that. They zoomed in and we got to hear what they were talking about. Adam stopped and looked at the camera, he then turned to Lisa who gave him a nod. They laughed and waved at the camera.

“This young group will compete tomorrow as well. Opal Ramirez will as well in the ladies part of the program. Today it is the pairs short, followed by the men’s short program. Tomorrow we have the ice dance short, the ladies short and the pairs free program where we will see which free program those two youngsters will choose”

“Yes the Jackson/Martinez programs are phenomenal, I might see this pair at the top of the podium in a few days”

The screen changed and Adam and Lisa’s name appeared on the screen. They took a deep breath and began skating.

“Their Wild Dances short is phenomenal. They got a lot of mixed criticism from this program because it is not traditional”

Adam looked at Lisa and lifted her up. She put her skate on his thigh and raised her arms up.

“They will start the program a little different”

The song began playing and everyone in the room quiet down. I covered my face as they did the first lift and landed it. I let out a deep breath and the routine began. I knew this routine from the back of my hand and it looked way better than it did when they first started.
They were confident and they weren’t looking down at their skates like they did at the beginning when they learned this. They did the hand movements and the spins were all in synch. The death spin was clean and they kept the rhythm. How they could skate and keep that balance I did not know. I raised an eyebrow when they didn’t do the lift and the release I had seen them do millions of times and Chris noticed.

“They aren’t doing the lift right now. That’s for the finals. They’re playing it safe right now”

I nodded and he put her down as the song finished. She curtsied and he bowed and they skated over their seat.

“Did you hear your sister?”

Adam laughed and took a sip of his drink.

“They’re right there”

He handed his water bottle to Lisa and she took a sip of it. They sat up when they said the score was going to be announced. They said their names and I saw as they both looked up at the scoreboard.

“A seasons best, they are currently in, 1st place”

I smiled and clapped as I saw Adam and Lisa hug.

“This concludes the pairs short program, the standings are”

The United States was in First place and Russia and Canada trailing them.

“Stay tuned for the men’s short program”

Chris turned off the TV and looked at a pregnant Ali. She got the remote from him and turned on the TV.

“You feeling ok?”

“Yea my back is killing me”

Jas stood up and began rubbing her back. Ali was staying in Pittsburgh until TJ came back which would be for about 2 more other weeks. He was in Missouri but had send her over so she wouldn’t stay alone, and let me tell you his fiancé was not missing him at all. I realized that Chris and Jas really pampered her, and she was due anytime soon so they gave her anything she wanted.

“He looks adorable”

I looked at the screen to see Bella hugging Adam. Eric popped on the screen and he hugged Lisa. She looked at the screen and her lips began wobbling and I looked at Chris as he sighed.

“I miss him!”

She started crying and I rubbed her back. She looked at my legs and burst out crying.

“Your thighs remind me of him”

I looked at Chris and he chuckled. She looked at him and frowned at his legs.

“You too!”

She sniffled and Chris pulled her into a hug. She looked up at me and wiped her face.

“James”

“Yea?” I asked.

“Can you bring me crushed ice cubes?”

I nodded and stood up. She rubbed her face and looked at the screen where Adam was about to be interviewed.

“I am here with…”

I walked into the kitchen and got some ice. I got myself a water bottle and made my way back to the living room where Adam was nodding. He smiled and nodded.

“Yea it’s nice to see my family supporting me and all. my siblings took a few days off of work so it means a lot to see both of them here. They’ve been through it all though so I thank them. My parents are somewhere around here as well, and without them I wouldn’t be where I am today”

He sniffled and nodded as a smile appeared on his face. He nodded and laughed as he looked down at his outfit. He still had the runny nose from the cold he had.

“Yes we did have a wardrobe change. I am not a fan of the shirt cause it’s cold at first, but by the end of the program it’s just hot. It’s easier on the lifts though”

He laughed and nodded.

“Yea uh it’s a surprise. The outfits won’t give out much considering they are new. I actually liked the opening ceremony outfit. I wish my mom or grandma would knit me a sweater like that. ”

He gave them a smile and adjusted his hoodie.

“Uh yea, it’s an honor and I will be in the opening ceremony. Once it’s over we will head back over and well support the team”

I handed the ice to Ali and she began chewing on it.

“The weather is going to get so crazy”

I nodded slowly and looked out the window. It was starting to snow, and for Olympic break I decided not to go home and just stay in Pittsburgh. I did miss Bella though, I talked to her this morning but I missed her being there. I guess this is how she feels when I go on road trips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think i'll post until Valentines day considering i have to study for 3 midterms i have this week. 3 day weekend next week wooh!