Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Sixty One

--------
Bella’s POV

“So you moved in with him?”

I nodded and my mom smiled.

“Congrats Sis”

I smiled and Eric leaned back with a smile on his face. So far everyone in my family looked ok with it. Adam on the other hand, had no kind of emotion on his face.

“Are you even sure you love him?”

My mom turned to him with a disapproving look on her face.

“Adam!”

He looked at her and shrugged.

“What? I’m just asking!”

“That’s not something to tell your sister”

Adam rolled his eyes. I looked at my brother and I read his body language. He wasn’t mad, my brother was jealous.

“So you aren’t coming back then?”

“No and I have a surgery tomorrow” I said.

His jaw moved a little and he nodded. Yes my little brother was jealous.

“I see, a kid and a surgery are far more important than your brother”

“Adam!”

“You know that’s not true” I told him.

He rolled his eyes and he stood up. Eric grabbed his wrist and sat him back down.

“Adam if I want to get custody of Isaac with James then I need to stay here in the States” I said.

He looked at me.

“You promised”

“I never promised anything” I told him.

I saw as his eyes filled up and he blinked.

“I can’t be there, but I will be watching” I said.

“It’s not the same”

I sighed.

“Adam” I said.

“Just forget it”

He moved from the screen so I couldn’t see him. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

“What surgery?”

“Duper’s ACL. It was scheduled for the 12th, but when Duper heard I was coming back to the states he hoped I would be there” I said.

He nodded and turned.

“Adam that’s enough”

“Shut the fuck up”

“ADAM!”

I saw my mom get up and move away from the screen. I heard the quiet argument begin and I looked at Eric. He scratched his neck and let out a deep breath.

“You’re 25 years old. When you and James went like 4 months without any fights I figured you would end up staying with the guys. It’s nice to see you’re settling down. Let this one cool down. Do you have a picture of the kid”

The door opened and James walked in. I smiled when I saw he had flowers and balloons. He put them next to the laptop and he put Isaac down. James pecked my lips and I smiled when Isaac made his way over to me and lifted his arms.

“Thank You James” t said.

James waved at the camera and made his way to the kitchen and I looked at Isaac who was asking me to pick him up. I laughed a little when a whimper came out of his mouth. I picked him up and sat him on my lap. Today was not Valentines day, but you know we couldn’t celebrate it yesterday. James decided we would celebrate it today, My first with James. I never expected to want to adopt a little boy. Isaac was a lovely boy though.

“Hi”

Isaac looked at the screen with wide eyes and he smiled. Eric smiled when he saw the dimple on Isaac’s left cheek. Isaac giggle making the two dimples on his right show even more.

“He’s small for his age Bella”

I nodded and I adjusted him on my lap. He whined and looked up at me and I bounced my leg up. He smiled and he turned when he heard something break in the kitchen.

“James” I said turning to look into the kitchen.

“It was just a mug!”

I laughed and turned back to my laptop. My mom appeared on the screen and smiled.

“He is adorable”

I smiled and looked down at Isaac. He was to busy playing with a bracelet he had on his wrist.

“He is right!”

My dad smiled and Isaac looked at the screen.

“He kind of looks like James”

I nodded and looked down at Isaac who smiled up at me.

“He does, a little right” I said.

Isaac then wiggled and pointed to the floor. My mom laughed when he glanced up at me and tugged my arm. I put Isaac down and he walked over to some baby toys that were on the floor. I glanced at him and then at the screen.

“What did they say about the adoption process?”

“I need to cut my hours” I said.

My dad nodded.

“I really don’t I just need to work the late night shifts” I said.

He nodded and I smiled.

“Are you ready for this?”

I let out a deep breath and nodded.

“Yea dad, I’m not exactly getting 9 months to prepare, but you know I have you guys and James” I said.

My mom nodded and she moved back. Adam appeared on the screen and he gave me a small smile.

“Hey” I told him.

He sniffled and I glanced at Isaac.

“I’m sorry I can’t go” I told him.

He wiped his nose and shrugged.

“It’s fine honestly. I wanted to take you to a hockey game, but it’s fine”

I frowned a little and shrugged. He raised an eyebrow when he heard a squeal. I looked up to see Isaac running over to me. During this time Isaac had decided to go see what James was doing. This resulted in James chasing him out of the kitchen. I smiled when Isaac asked to be picked up considering James was slowly walking over to us. I picked him up and Adam smiled.

“Hey”

Isaac looked at the screen and smiled. He giggled and reached for the screen. I smiled and Adam gave me a sad smile.

“It’s fine, it’s for a good thing”

I nodded slowly and he looked at me.

“You will be watching thought right?”

I nodded.

“I will be up bright and early that day” I told him.

He smiled and nodded.

“We will be watching. The best of the best” I said.

He nodded slowly and turned.

“I have to go, but I’ll text you”

I nodded noticing he had his Team USA hoodie on.

“Have fun at the village. Don’t drink”

He gave me a wink and James called his name out.

“Yea?”

James looked at me and I nodded.

“If we do get custody”

Adam nodded.

“We want you and Eric to be his godparents”

Eric pushed Adam a little out the screen and I smiled as both my brother’s eyes watered up. They nodded and Adam opened his mouth. He laughed and I smiled.

“I’ll text you” I told him.

Adam nodded and Eric looked at me.

“TJ said if you could call him. Allison is ignoring his calls. Oh he also wants to now if you want a dog”

I nodded and he raised an eyebrow.

“How is Allison?”

I rolled my eyes.

“She’s fine” I said.

“Just fine?”

I nodded.

“She’s probably napping” I said.

He nodded.

“Ok well call him. Geno said that the Russians would beat the US. Sidney said to keep James on a leash”

I laughed.

“Patty says hi, oh and Parise said if he can give you a call. His foot is still bugging him”

I nodded.

“I’ll call them later” I said.

He nodded and smiled.

“How’s Mel?”

“She’s pampering Ali” I said.

He nodded.

“I’ll call her right now. I got to go because I am starving and I don’t want to be out late”

I nodded and he got up and left. My mom appeared.

“I’m so proud of you mama. What James and you are doing, well let’s just say you two have grown up real well. Look at you ready to adopt a little boy. He is adorable as well and looks a lot like James”

James winked at me and left again.

“We will call later. Your brother will have to get over it. You have a life and you did get the money back right?”

I nodded and she hummed.

“Good, I’ll call you later. We don’t want to be out late cause those strays”

I nodded and waved as I ended the call. I looked at Isaac and smiled.

“When do you have Duper’s surgery?”

“Tonight” I said.

He nodded.

“Well go take a nap. I got this handled”

I looked at him and he smiled.

“Jas is on her way”

“Much better” I told him as I pecked his lips.

He hummed and pulled away. We felt a tug on our legs and he just smiled at me.

“Love you”

I smiled.

“I love you too and thank you for the flowers” I told him.

He smacked my butt as I made my way up the stairs to the bedroom. I felt a tug on my leg and I looked down. Isaac lifted his arms and yawned.

“Well I am going to nap with Isaac ok?” I told James.

He nodded and walked back into the kitchen.

“Got it!”

I picked him up and Isaac put his head on my shoulder. He mumbled something and I laughed when he pressed his hand on my shoulder trying to make himself comfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Canada won gold again. Sigh...I guess the game was a good game, but congrats to Jamie Benn. The guys that wasn't even invited to orientation camp. You sure proved them wrong didn't you Benn? Now never score against Quick again. I mean it.

I have a ton of chemistry homework i need to do since i wasn't in class because of jury duty. Anyways! Goodday and now i have to wait till it's 8 so i can watch the closing ceremonies