Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Sixty Six

James’ POV
I followed Bella into the scary white room. She had spent most of last night sniffling.

“It’s just a few days” I told her.

She nodded and sat down on the chair. I sat down next to her and Isaac smiled at us. He reached for his bear and Bella handed it to him.

“Bella put him down”

Bella sighed and nodded. She fixed his little jacket at him. Her eyes watered a little and she adjusted her glasses. She put him down on his feet and smiled at him. I kneeled down in front of him and tapped his nose.

“We will be back in a few days” I told Isaac.

He looked up at me and blinked. I fixed the shoelaces on his shoes and smiled at him.

“Up high little man” I said.

He gave me a high five and he opened his arms. I smiled and let him hug me.

“I’ll see you in a few days ok?”

He turned to Bella and nodded slowly. She kissed his forehead and fixed a strand of his hair.

“Be good ok”

She hugged him and stood up. She walked away from the room wiping her face and Isaac turned to me.

“We will be back for you” I told him.

He blinked and I stood up. He reached for my hand and his face dropped a little when I didn’t reach for it. I gave his head a small rub and I stepped back and he looked at the door. His eyes widened as I slowly made my way to the door.

“No”

He started crying and I closed the door. Bella looked at me and I gave her a small smile.

“A few days” I said.

She nodded and we heard Isaac’s shrieks.

“Let’s hope they pass by super fast”

I nodded and pulled her into a hug.

“They will” I mumbled into her hair.
-----------------------------------------------
Bella’s POV
“Bella!”

I looked away from the ice and turned. I smiled when I found Patrick walking over.

“Patty” I said walking over to him.

I hugged him tight and he let out a sigh.

“What are you doing tonight?”

“I don’t know actually” I said.

He nodded and pulled away from the hug. He looked down and then raised an eyebrow.

“Uh was Adam joking? There is no little kid”

I shook my head and smiled. The adoption agency called saying Isaac would not stop crying. We got to talk to him on the phone and he whined saying bed. He was tired, but I guess he wasn’t comfortable around there.

“He’s in foster care right now while they fix the adoption issue” I said.

He looked at me.

“You’re really going to adopt a kid with someone named Deter?”

I laughed and nodded slowly.

“Look at you Bells”

I smiled and he patted my shoulder.

“How’s Ali?”

“She is still in Pittsburgh” I said.

“How is Oshe handling that?”

I shrugged lightly.

“Well I don’t think he’s returned to St. Louis” I said.

He nodded slowly and he smiled.

“Is your whole family here?”

“Yes” I said.

“Why couldn’t the kid come?”

I sighed and shrugged.

“I wish I could tell you but I can tell you that we might get him. We pick him up next Wednesday, James and I are flying to San Jose that night and well we should be taking him with us” I said.

He smiled.

“That’s nice”

I nodded and let out a deep breath.

“How big is he?”

“Not that big, he did gain weight though in the time we had him” I said.

He smiled and nodded.

“Look at you already making a family”

I laughed and nodded.

“You really love James don’t you?”

I nodded and turned to see James walking over.

“I am excited to see the ice!”

Pat laughed and James smiled at him.

“Hey man”

“Sup”

They hugged and patted their backs. James smiled at Pat and looked at me.

“Bella was telling me about the adoption process?”

“Yea it’s going well. We should have him with us by Wednesday. We should be flying to San Jose that night”

Pat nodded.

“Why?”

James smiled.

“He has grandparents in California and well Bella is doing a 24 before we head out. She’s good for a few days”

I laughed.

“I also have to work” I said.

He shrugged and winked.

“Your mom will love him”

I laughed and nodded. Pat smiled at us and looked behind him.

“Well I’m happy for you guys. Jonny isn’t but he will get over it”

James thanked him and I smiled.

“When do you have practice?”

“After yours”

James nodded.

“Let’s go grab something to eat after then. It’s on me, and you two can catch up”

Pat smiled and nodded.

“Yea man, I’ll see you after then”

James nodded and he turned around when he heard Olli call out my name.

“Uhhh can you stitch?”

I shook my head as I followed Olli into the locker room. I looked at flower and sighed.

“Can I just bubble wrap you?” I asked him.

He laughed and I cleaned the blood from under his eye. I washed my hands and slipped on some gloves. I began stitching him after I numbed him up.

“I think you are done” I said pushing on it.

He nodded slowly and sighed.

“Thanks Bella”

I nodded and smiled.

“You all look so adorable!” I cooed.

They frowned and I turned to Olli.

“Especially this young boy” I said.

He huffed and turned his head to the side.

“I’m a man”

I laughed and I walked over to him. I pinched his cheek to which he pouted to. If it was something I loved this finnish 19 year old. He was so mature, but he liked being babied from time to time. He got homesick from time to time and when he did he would come to me. I liked being able to be there for him. He was James’ teammate so he was like my family.

“I’ll make you your soup ok?” I told him.

He smiled and nodded. I laughed as he pulled me into a hug.

“James, can I marry her?”

“Nah man, get your own girl. I looked hard for her”

I laughed and I kissed Olli’s cheek.

“You’ll find a girl your age” I told him as I wiped his cheek.

He nodded slowly and I laughed as Talk Dirty To Me began playing.

“You’re going on the roady right?”

I smiled.

“Olli, I am going to take you somewhere you will love” I said.

He looked at me.

“There is an In-n-Out right next to the airport” I told him.

He smiled and he nodded.

“In San Jose?”

“Yes man” I said.

He high fived me and I scrunched my nose up when I smelled my hand. He laughed and smelled his glove.

“Sorry!”

I nodded and looked at James who was standing in the doorway.

“Let me go burn my hand and I’ll be there” I told James.

He laughed as Olli pouted. I messed up his hair and walked over to the hand sanitizer. I cleaned up my hands and I looked around.

“Don’t put your helmets up there” I said.

They began teasing flower as I made my way over to James.

“Let’s go” I told James.

He nodded and led me to the ice. I took a deep breath and smiled.

“It’s freezing” I told him.

He hummed and smiled.

“You went to North Dakota this is nothing”

I laughed and nodded.

“I guess” I said slapping his butt and running away from him.

I laughed when the tip of his stick hit my butt. I turned around and winked at him. I made my way over to my seat and watched as the guys practiced. I took a deep breath as I saw everyone with children, Stupid adoption agency.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's raining outside right now and the internet is working. We have no cable at the moment though :( Anyways two in one day! Wooh! i am beginning to see that i am slowly getting to the end of this story. I should be done with it during Spring break.
I don't think i'll post during finals week considering i had all 3 the same day. (I think i won't post from the 14-20) I get home pretty late so probably 21. I'm telling you guys in advanced cause knowing me i will forget.

Anyways i hope you guys are all warm at the moment. It's not snowing in Cali cause well it doesn't snow here. It is snowing in other parts though so keep warm and wear layers!

Who's ready for that game tomorrow? Well besides the Kings playing, i'm talking about the Pens Vs. Hawks! (May the best win!)

I hope they don't cancel it, but if the weather is bad then you know whatever is safe.

I'll be happy if the kings win because they are getting their shit together! Jones finally ended his losing streak and Quick got another shutout. I guess the olympic break did them good.