Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Sixty Eight

Bella’s POV

I looked at James and he smiled at me. He gave my hand a squeeze and let out a deep breath. We had been here twice already, making this the third time. This time would be our last, hopefully.

James turned when he heard the door open. A lady walked in and pursed her lips when she saw James and I. She looked at the manila folder she had in her hands and she sat infront of her desk.

“Are you guys sure you want to do this?”

I looked at James and he nodded. James had like no sleep and I had work. We were both exhausted, but it was worth it.

“Yea”

She nodded and handed us the folder. I looked at it and James glanced at me. I raised an eyebrow and nodded, these forms were so ill written. I signed the page and handed it to James who began reading it. I looked through the other page and wrote in Eric’s address. I wrote James address, which was where I was living now, and I signed the paper. I looked at the last page and looked at it. I signed the bottom page and handed them to James who signed them after he read them. He smiled a little when he realized Isaac’s last name wasn’t going to be Martinez-Neal. He signed the papers and handed them to the women who rolled her eyes lightly. James just looked at her and he turned to Jake who was shaking his head. He looked at the women and the lady nodded.

“Ok bring him in”

Jake looked at me and I nodded. He gave me a smile and he walked out the room. I looked at James who squeezed my hand. I turned to the door when I heard a knock. The lady opened the door and I stood up when I saw Isaac. He gave me the biggest smile ever and he ran over to me. I picked him up and pulled him into a hug. I smiled when he hugged back and buried his head in my neck. I stood up and looked at James who was standing up. Isaac lifted his head and smiled at James.

“Hey little man. I told you a few days”

He giggled and James smiled showing his teeth to him. I handed him over to James who took him and kissed his forehead. I took the time to look at the lady infront of us.

“You guys are now his legal guardians”

I nodded and she handed me a folder.

“I don’t know how though”

Jake looked at her and smiled.

“They got everything you wanted. She cut off her hours and well he’s traveling, but you saw how well that worked. What you’re saying can get your license taken away from you. She already had a complaint filed against you. This is about a child not your lusts over Mr. Neal”

I looked at James who was smiling down at Isaac who was finding James’ tie fascinating. He was also finding James’ glasses fascinating.

“So this is all?” I asked.

I looked at Isaac and I noticed something.

“Yes this is all”

I looked at the lady and nodded.

“Where are his shoes?” I asked.

James looked at me and then looked down at Isaac’s feet. The shoes he was wearing were old and torn. James had bought him a pair of converse when they made us drop him off here.

“He was brought in with those”

Jake shook his head and James slipped off the shoes. He handed them to Jake who sighed and looked at the lady.

“Let’s go”

He stood up and walked out. I looked at the lady and shook my head. I looked at Jake who was looking at the folder I had been handed.

“Where’s his SS card?”

“Oh my I almost forgot”

I looked at Jake and he gave me a smile.

“I got this, you go and pack”

I nodded and left the room. James was talking to Isaac while Isaac just looked at him.

“We’re going to go get you some little skates and you’ll be skating in no time”

I smiled and I took him from James.

“Come on, you look tired” I told Isaac.

He yawned and I smiled.

“We fixed your bed” I told him.

“Huh?”

“Yup honey, we fixed your bed. It has Cars on it now” I said smiling at him.

He grinned and I kissed his cheek. I pulled him closer to me and he let me. He was mines and James. I felt James join the hug and he smiled at Isaac.

“You look really tired. We eat some food and then bed. For the three of us”

I nodded and James took Isaac from me. He hugged Isaac a little to tight because Isaac whined. I laughed when James groaned a little.

“Ow little man. I got pushed into the boards the other day and it hurts there”

I looked at Isaac and James. I smiled a little and followed them. My family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I literally woke up like an hour ago. It is 1:20 here in Cali. I am so lazy and i have so much shit to do. I'm procrastinating so i have time.