Status: Finished! (Nov 25-Mar 12)

She's a Lady

Eight

Bella’s POV

I sat up when I realized I had fallen asleep. I turned to my side to see James fast asleep next to me. I looked at the time and cursed lightly when I saw it was almost 6am. I had a text from Adam telling me he had left LAX and that was a good 6 hours ago. I got out of bed and rushed to the second floor of the house. The door opened and I looked at a very tired looking Chris.

“Chris, I need to pick Adam up in like 10 minutes” I said.

He looked at the time and nodded.

“I’ll take care of James go change”

I nodded and ran back downstairs. I changed into a pair of black jeans. I slipped on a blouse I found and I slipped on my socks and converse. I slipped on my Boston University hoodie and got my car keys. Messy hair would do. I looked up when the door opened. Chris walked in with two mugs in his hands. He handed me one and I thanked him as I rushed out.

I got into my car and sped out to the airport. When I got there I found Adam waiting patiently. I honked and he looked up. He smiled and I got out of the car as he approached me.

“Long time no see” I said giving him a hug.

I practically only hugged his torso since he was about James’ height. Yes my little brother. He nodded and hugged me back. I opened the trunk of the car and he put his suitcase in.

“It’s cold”

I nodded and looked at him.

“You get used to it though. California spoils you” I said.

He nodded slowly and looked around.

“I’m tired”

“Your bed is ready. Eric had that done like 2 days ago apparently. You know how Mel is” I said as we got into the car.

He laughed and nodded.

“How’s school?” I asked.

“It’s well. We’re just reviewing for AP Exams and what not”

I nodded and he yawned.

“Are you hungry?” I asked.

He saw my half drank coffee and he got it.

“Not really. Just tired. This should do for now”

I nodded and looked at the road.

“How’s work?”

“Exhausting” I said.

He nodded slowly and we got home faster than I thought. He got out of the car and looked at the house. We had painted the house a good 8 months ago so it was now a nice green color instead of the bright blue it was once. He glanced at me and then at the house. He nodded slowly and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

“You guys painted the house?”

“Yea I thought you knew” I said opening the trunk of the car.

He shook his head and looked at it.

“Looks better”

I nodded and we pulled out his suitcase from the back. We walked inside and he looked around at the dark house.

“Why’s it so dark?”

He smiled and looked around.

“Someone get a concussion or what?”

The door opened and Chris came out of my room. Adam raised an eyebrow and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen.

“Hey man. Welcome to Pitt. Now shut your mouth because none of us have work today”

Adam laughed as he walked into the kitchen. He stopped and looked up.

“Seriously why is it so dark in here?”

Chris looked at me and then at Adam.

“You didn’t tell your brother?”

“Tell me what?”

I looked at Adam who was now eating a piece of cheese.

“Your sister is dating”

Adam looked at me. The piece of cheese he was chewing on almost fell out of his mouth.

“No way”

“Guys stop making a big deal out of it” I said.

I hadn’t exactly dated since my second year of med school.

“And he’s a hockey player”

Adam looked at me.

“Your love for Jonathan Quick is gone?”

I had the biggest crush on Jonathan Quick. Biggest is small you could say I loved Jonathan Quick. I scoffed and crossed my arms across my chest.

“No it will always be there. He’s married though I figured I should move on” I said.

James doesn’t need to know that.

He laughed and looked at me.

“Well who are you dating? Please tell me it’s not Crosby because my heart can’t take that”

I laughed and he raised an eyebrow.

“We aren’t anything official yet, but we’ve gone on a few dates” I said.

He nodded and looked at the door.

“No fucking way”

“What?” I asked.

“You’re dating Crosby”

I made a face and shook my head.

“Then?”

“She’s dating number 18”

Adam looked at Chris and cocked his head to the side. My brother was adorable when he thought and concentrated.

“You’re going out with James Neal?”

“Kinda” I said.

He looked at me.

“How’d he get you to say yes?”

I laughed and Chris crossed his arms across his chest as he yawned.

“He’s a dork. She fell like putty”

I rolled my eyes and Adam laughed as he nodded.

“What’s up with you and dorks Bells?”

He laughed lightly and looked at me.

“Neal has a concussion?”

I nodded slowly.

“How?”

“Last night’s game he took an elbow to the face. He rammed right into it” I said.

He nodded and walked over to my room. He peeked in and closed the door.

“Wow you’re right”

I rolled my eyes and he smiled.

“I’m going to bed”

I nodded and he kissed my cheek. He and Chris then dragged his suitcase upstairs. I walked into my room and saw James hadn’t even moved at all. I needed to wake him up soon though. I shook him lightly and he groaned.

“Stop I’m fine. We’re at your house. I’m cold and tired and cranky”

I smiled and rubbed his shoulder.

“I wanna sleep”

“Well sleep” I told him.

He lifted his arm and I smiled.

“Let me put on some more comfortable pants” I told him.

He hummed and I quickly slipped onto some Pj tights. I got into bed and he slung his arm around my waist.

“Go to sleep” I told him.

He hummed and a snore came out of his mouth. I laughed lightly and closed my eyes. Oh James

Adam
----------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Well i got only one class today which means i need to finish all my homework tonight and start studying for my 3 finals on Monday and Tuesday. Yes i have a back to back finals :(