Status: Characters are from an old game series called Ar Tonelico, however it's completely AU, so no previous knowledge is neccessary

Chronicles of a Maid

Chapter 10

It was late afternoon, nightfall only minutes away, yet Lyner was wandering through the darkened gardens and estate boundaries looking for someone. Corona, to be exact. The young girl had gotten into a dispute with Ms Jacqulin, whom had lost her temper. Frightened, Corona ran away. All the servants of Croix’s were looking for her, while he dealt (angrily) with Ms Jacqulin.

It would surprise no one if he decided to fire her after this.

Jogging into the smaller, less seen garden on the estate, Lyner breathed a sigh of relief when she spied Corona sitting at the base of a tree, her legs pulled to her chest and her face buried in her knees. It broke her heart to see the young girl like that.

“There you are,” Lyner said as she hurried over to Corona, the girl snapping her head up the moment she heart her voice. “Are you hiding from Ms Jacqulin again?”

Corona stood up and met her half-way, wrapping her arms around her waist and buried her face into her stomach. “She’s meaner than usual,” she sniffled.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Lyner said as she cuddled and comforted Corona. “Come, it would be best if we get you home. It’s getting dark. Your brother is worried.”

“…Ok,” Corona agreed after a moment of silence.

“How about we speak to your brother about Ms Jacqulin?” Lyner suggested as she led the girl back toward her estate, keeping her arms around her. “Maybe he can do something to help.”

“You think so?”

“Of course,” Lyner replied quickly. “He’s your brother, after all.”

“Hey. What do we have here?”

A voice, gruff and undeniably male, suddenly asked. It was a voice that Lyner had never heard before. She tightened her hold onto Corona as she turned around toward the source, her heartbeat quickening when three burly men stepped from the shadows. They were smirking at her, an air of arrogance in their postures.

“What do you want?” Lyner asked tersely as she pushed Corona behind her, the girl still clinging onto her waist, trembling.

The men laughed as they took a moment to run their eyes up and down Lyner’s form, no doubt finding visual pleasure in her maid’s uniform. “Aren’t we lucky?” one of them leered.

This was not good at all. She didn’t know these men, but she got a really bad feeling from them. They were scruffy, haggard looking and smelt of ale. They certainly didn’t have ‘good intentions’ written on their expressions. And they most certainly were not people Croix would employ.

“…Corona, I want you to run as fast as you can,” Lyner whispered to the girl clinging to her. “Don’t stop. Just run.”

“But…” Corona whimpered, clearly scared. She cried out when one of the men suddenly pulled a knife, the silver blade glinting in the evening light. Without much though Lyner grabbed the blade with her hand, stopping it from getting anywhere near Corona.

“Go,” Lyner said as she ignored the burning pain in her hand, keeping a firm grip on the knife blade. “Now.”

Corona made a soft whimper before fleeing. When she managed to get a few yards away she started screaming, as loudly as she could, for help. It was only a matter of time before someone else arrives and protects Corona. Until then, Lyner would have to distract these thugs.

“Hey!” One of the men yelled and made an attempt to follow.

But Lyner removed her hand from the knife, blood spilling to the ground as she jumped back, purposely setting herself between Corona and the men. “Don’t you dare go anywhere near her!” she hissed protectively.

The men looked disgruntled and annoyed. Clearly Corona was their target. That must mean that they were kidnappers looking to hold the girl for ransom in order to get money out of Croix.

“Looks like we’ll have to settle for you,” one of them snarled as he advanced.

Thinking quickly, Lyner spied a sword holstered by the man’s side, no doubt there for intimidation purposes. Whether he knew how to use it or not didn’t matter, because Lyner did. She knew how to wield a weapon, even with an injured hand.

Far quicker than any of the men could respond, Lyner lunged forward, snared the weapon from his side, unsheathed and jumped back, holding the sword effortlessly by the handle. “Try me,” she said defiantly.

The men looked momentarily stunned that she was able to move so fast. Yet, a moment later, they looked amused and incredulous. “Do you know how to handle that, sweetheart?” one of them sneered tauntingly.

Lyner swung the sword effortlessly through the air, pulling her lithe body into a defensive fighting stance. “Let’s see.”

She didn’t like to hurt anyone, but if one of these guys so much as touch her or make an attempt to go after Corona, she’ll cut their God damn hands off!

The continued to look amuse, so Lyner took a swing at them, aiming for the one who had pulled his knife, which was now stained with her blood. She knocked the knife out of his hand, sending it flying through the air before landing on the ground some feet away. With him momentarily distracted, she swung again, this time slicing at his knee, making him cry out in pain and shock before falling to the ground.

“Stupid bitch!” one of his companions snarled as he pulled out a knife of his own, lunging at her in a rage.

She, however, managed to dodge his attack, by stepping off to the side, but by doing so she rolled her ankle. It was just by sheer will alone that prevented her from crying out in pain and shock and stumbling. She gritted her teeth and swallowed down the pain.

“Lyner!”

Lyner tensed as the three men stiffened, whipping around to face the source of the voice. The sound of many people running toward their direction alerted Lyner that Corona had managed to scramble home safely and had told what was going on.

But what really surprised Lyner was the voice that called her name. It was Croix’s voice, she was certain of it!

A mere moment later Croix appeared with several of his male staff members appeared. The men that had been harassing Lyner mumbled many vile curse words, cursing her in particular before they tried to scurry away, only to be chased by the others.

Lyner breathed a sigh of relief and dropped the sword, curling her injured hand into a tight fist to stop the bleeding and placed most of her weight on her right foot, her left ankle throbbing in pain.

“Lyner?” Croix sounded incredibly concerned as he reached her, leaving the detention of the intruders to his servants. His eyes widened considerably when he saw blood dripping from her hand.

Before Lyner could offer some rather baseless reassurance, Croix had wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her against his as he pulled out a large white handkerchief from his pocket. His brow furrowed as he inspected her hand before wrapping the white material around her palm tightly.

“Where else are you hurt?” he asked.

“My left ankle,” Lyner answered with a slight mumble.

Again, before she had the chance to tell Croix that she was alright, she suddenly found herself swept off her feet and lifted up into Croix’s arms like a bride. Startled, she clutched her injured right hand against her chest as the other grasped at the collar of his clothing. She felt a flush dance across her cheeks as she looked up at Croix, whose face was creased into this angry and haggard expression. He also had some other emotion in his eyes that Lyner couldn’t quite put her finger on.

“Make sure those three get arrested,” he snarled before turning on his heel and carrying Lyner back inside of his estate.

Once inside, he barked a few more orders to his other staff members, calling for a doctor to check over Lyner’s injuries, all the while keeping her firmly and safely in his arms. Lyner felt incredibly embarrassed by all the fuss she was receiving as Croix carried her into the seating room, gently placing her down onto one of the plush couches.

While waiting for the doctor to arrive, Croix stayed close to her, barking out orders to the others while all but pacing. He tried to keep Corona out of the room as he didn’t want her to see Lyner’s bloodied hand as it would only frightened the girl further.

But when the doctor arrived some time later, Corona forced her way into the room, panic stricken. She calmed down a little when her gaze landed on Lyner. Lyner tried to smile reassuringly at her, but it was difficult with the way her hand was starting to tingle with pain. Corona teared up and threw herself at Lyner, and Croix allowed her to cling to Lyner.

As the doctor treated her injuries, Corona cried into her lap, sobbing and hiccupping as she apologised and told her how relieved she was that she was ok and alive. Lyner tried to reassure the young girl the best she could while answering questions the doctor was asking.

“She has a sprained ankle and a deep laceration to her hand,” the doctor said after he had finished his inspection and clean up. “Thankfully, there doesn’t seem to be any damaged tendons or nerves in her hand, so she should be fine.”

“Thank you, doctor,” Croix said with a sense of relief as he escorted the doctor out, offering his thanks for his late evening visit.

When he returned, Lyner had managed to coax Corona up from her lap, drying her tears. She reassured her over and over again that she was fine, that it wasn’t her fault. If Ms Jacqulin had not frightened her that day, then she wouldn’t have been out in the gardens in the first place.

“Why don’t you have something to eat and go to bed?” Croix suggested when he returned, focusing his attention on his little sister. “Don’t worry; everything will be ok now. I’ll take care of Lyner.”

Corona nodded her head as she pulled away from Lyner, satisfied with his words. She suddenly looked tired and drained. She allowed Unohana, their cook, to gently take her by the hand and lead her to toward the kitchen, promising to make her whatever she wanted.

As Croix ordered his other staff members to clean up the mess of bloodied towels and bandages, he effortlessly picked Lyner up into his arms once more. And Lyner said nothing, only blushed lightly, as he carried her to her room. It wasn’t difficult for him to carry her, open the door to her room and then shut it, even with her full weight in his arms.

“How are you feeling?” Croix asked her as he gently sat her down onto her bed before he sat down next to her.

“I’m fine,” Lyner answered with a smile. “Really.”

Her hand and ankle only hurt a little bit. The doctor did a great job at bandaging them and the painkillers he gave her were starting to work, so she was alright.

Lyner was startled when Croix abruptly kissed her on the lips. It wasn’t a hungry and fervent kiss, like the ones they had shared many times in the not-so distance past. It was different. More slow and tender. As if he was seeking reassurance and trying to convey something to her through the kiss.

She now understood that emotion she saw in his eyes earlier. It was of fear. He was scared that something terrible had happened to her.

Lyner felt her eyes flutter close when Croix pulled her close, his hands roaming all over her body, expertly removing her clothes in such a way that it did little to distract either of them. And soon she was completely naked, her hot, heated body pressed against Croix’s tall and powerful form. He, too, was completely naked, his body as heated as her own.

Soon, Lyner found herself being gently pushed down upon the bed, Croix leaning over her, the sight of the moon over his shoulder from the window. Dark hair fell over his eyes, eyes that were darkened with tender yearning. They were mesmerizing.

Lyner sunk against the plush pillows, her uninjured hand gripping at the sheets as Croix pressed feather light kisses over her breasts, her stomach and her thighs, teasing her inner thighs. Her chest was heaving, her breasts unintentionally bouncing with each slow and attentive touch.

“Please,” she whined, literally quivering with anticipation.

Croix huskily murmured something she didn’t quite catch as he ran his hands over Lyner’s legs, down her thighs to between her legs, lifting her lower body up off the bed. He leaned forward, the thick head of his cock nudging against her pussy. The feeling made Lyner whine out in want.

And when Croix finally pushed in, moving torturously slowly, Lyner threw her head back on a cry of relief. Croix was inside her, filling her to the brim. He was so big, so hard and so long. “Yes…”

Croix suddenly snapped his hips forward, plunging completely inside of her. Lyner made an erotic sound that was half surprise, half pleasure before she made another noise that sounded like a sensual whine of exhilaration that their bodies were joined together once more.

“Hn...” Croix also groaned at the joining, and slowly, as he rolled his hips, he pulled out until only the head remained inside before he tightened his hands on Lyner’s hips and drove forward again. “You feel incredible,” he panted.

“Ah!” Lyner cried out, her face creasing into an expression of bliss as Croix once again pulled out of her, only to thrust forward, filling her, driving deeper than the last thrust.

It didn’t take long at all for Croix to develop a rhythm and soon he was pounding into Lyner’s willing body, pulling out slowly before driving in quickly, pushing forward deeper. His thrusts were incredibly sensual, leaving Lyner a whimpering, trembling mess. It just felt so amazing.

“Ah! C-Croix!”

Leaning over Lyner as he thrust repeatedly into her body, Croix took great pleasure in watching Lyner wither and shiver under him, her face creased into a look of pure ecstasy as she lifted her hips in time of his thrusts. The noises she was emitting; they were oh-so erotic. He grabbed her uninjured hand and pinned it to the bed, entwining their fingers together as he slipped his other arm under her shoulder, crushing her against his chest.

His mouth closed possessively over hers, his tongue caressing every inch of her mouth. Lyner mewled and whimpered into his mouth, her bust pressed firmly against his chest, sending shivers up her spine each time he moved.

“You’re mine,” Croix whispered against her lips.

Hearing those words, Lyner felt her body tense as the pleasure proved too much. A spasm ripped through her body as she orgasmed, crying out her release into Croix’s possessive mouth. But even as Lyner’s muscles tightened and tensed around him, Croix kept going. But she knew that a release was soon coming for him.

A couple of pleasurable thrusts later, Croix pushed in sharply before he shuddered, reaching his own climax. Lyner whimpered when she felt him come inside of her before sighing when he collapsed on top of her. He kept his arms wrapped tightly around her as they tried to catch their breaths.

He, however, began to move over her again, making love to her many more times before he collapsed onto the bed next to her, pulled her against his chest and fell asleep. Exhausted, but feeling oh-so loved and fulfilled, Lyner promptly fell asleep, resting her head against his chest.