Status: Characters are from an old game series called Ar Tonelico, however it's completely AU, so no previous knowledge is neccessary

Chronicles of a Maid

Chapter 13

Lyner was feeling torn. She was both furious and yet accepting.

Her father had recovered. Not completely mind you, but he was home from hospital. And he was strong enough to start barking orders. He had commanded that Lyner return home from her silly little playtime, as he called it. She must return home in order to fulfil her role as the oldest daughter. She must cater to her father while he continued his recovery and after that, she needed to reel in her independent personality and take a wealthy husband.

While she was glad that her father had recovered from his illness, and that her sisters’ were going to be safe from scandals and arranged marriages, she was furious that her father seemed to believe that she had become Croix’s maid on a whim, as something to do.

She did it for her family. She did it for him!

But she wasn’t at all surprised that he was so unaccepting and ignorant. She was his greatest disappointment, after all. She was well into the marriage age, and yet she had no marriage contenders vying for her hand.

As the dutiful oldest daughter, she had to do what her father expected of her.

She didn’t want to leave, though. She liked staying at Croix’s estate. She got along with his loyal staff members, she liked playing with the ever bubbly and curious Corona. But, most importantly, she liked spending time with Croix. She didn’t mean just the sex they had (which was incredible) but spending time in general. He was honourable, intelligent and just interesting.

But she had fallen in love with him.

That wasn’t her plan, but she can’t help it. If she was childish, she would pin the entire blame on him. She could claim that he made her fall in love with her. Ladies of the ton used that excuse often. But Lyner wasn’t that stupid. Croix was kind, generous and attentive toward her. Was it his plan to make her fall in love with him? Who knows? She didn’t have to fall for him. But she did. And there wasn’t really much she could do about it.

“Lyner?”

Pausing in her musings, Lyner glanced over in the direction of the door to her room. Standing there was Corona, the youngest Bartel siblings nearly glaring at her as she grasped the front of her dress with her hands.

“Oh, Corona?” Lyner questioned as she paused in her packing. She didn’t have to return home until tomorrow morning, but packing her personal belongings gave her something to do in the meantime.

“Is it true?” she asked quite tersely.

“Hm?”

“You’re leaving?”

“…My father is asking for me to return,” Lyner answered her question.

“But…I don’t want you to go!” Corona unexpectedly and quite suddenly dashed into her room and threw her arms around Lyner’s waist in a very tight and desperate hug.

“Corona?” Lyner said, startled by the girl’s reaction.

“I want you to stay here!”

Lyner sighed as she lowered herself to her knees. She wrapped her arms around the young girl, returning the hug, noting sadly that Corona was crying. She didn’t know what to say as she didn’t want to leave either, but she wouldn’t be able to stay.

“Why do you have to leave?” Corona asked her, sniffling.

“My father has returned from hospital and has requested my presence,” Lyner answered simply and plainly as she could, letting Corona know that it wasn’t because she was being wilful and flighty. “I wish I could stay, I really do.”

Corona sniffled, lingering in the hug before pulling away. She nodded her head in slight understanding. Suddenly, she looked Lyner straight in the eyes and looked unnervingly serious. “Do you love my brother?”

Lyner was honestly surprised by that question, and a little embarrassed. She stayed silent for a while, debating in her head whether or not she should answer truthfully. She soon decided that it would be wrong to lie to Corona. Growing up, the girl will be told endless lies; she needed to be the one of only a few who wouldn’t lie to her.

“…Yes, I do.”

Corona looked sincerely happy to hear her say that. “Then why don’t you stay here and marry him?”

Lyner smiled sadly as she reached up and curled a strand of Corona’s hair behind her ear. “It’s not that easy,” she murmured in response.

“Why not?” Corona all but whined, some of her childishness and naivety shining through.

“Things are complicated, Corona,” Lyner answered simply. Things were complicated. Croix had a reputation to uphold – getting involved with that Wild Barsett Girl would make things difficult, wouldn’t it? Croix deserved better.

“But…” Corona began to argue, but started to sniffle, tears appearing in her eyes again.

“I know,” Lyner said as she pulled her into another comforting hug. “I’ll miss you, too.”

“I want you to stay,” Corona sobbed as she clung to her.

Lyner felt tears sting at her own eyes. “So do I.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a few hours Lyner would be on her way home. She had spent the day pretty much in a saddened haze. The other staff members had been great, expressing their own disappointment that she was leaving. Corona was torn between childishly angry and sorrowful.

She hadn’t seen Croix much at all today. It was intensely disappointing. She would have liked to spend her last day in the Bartel Estate with him. But he had things to do, an estate to uphold and run. She wouldn’t (couldn’t) impose her own selfish desires onto him.

A sudden knock at the door of her bedroom pulled Lyner out of her thoughts.

She pulled the short dressing gown around her as she hobbled toward the door, her ankle still slightly painful. She was wearing a simple short sleeve dress shirt that just covered her panties. The dressing gown offered her extra coverage. Not much, mind you, but enough.

“Ah, who is it?” Lyner asked through the closed door.

“It’s me.”

Lyner hurriedly opened the door to find Croix standing there. He looked slightly haggard, uncomfortable even. She opened the door further, letting him step into her room. She felt concerned, wondering if there was something wrong. She also felt pleased that he would come to see her.

“All packed, I see,” Croix commented as he glanced over at the suitcase in the corner of her room. He didn’t seem all that pleased.

“Yeah,” Lyner murmured as she closed the door. She folded her arms over her torso and licked her lips nervously. “Is it ok if I keep the maid’s outfit?” she asked. “I kinda like it.”

“It does suit you,” Croix responded quite vaguely.

There was this sense of tension in the air. What kind of tension it was, was hard to tell. But there was something going on as Croix turned to look at her. He didn’t say anything. He simply looked at her, his expression unreadable. But it made Lyner feel slightly nervous and uncomfortable as she remained silent as well, fidgeting under his powerful gaze.

Suddenly, Croix took a step forward, grabbed Lyner by the shoulders and pulled her close…and kissed her. Lyner’s eyes widened in shock and she stiffened in Croix’s hold. However, she soon closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss, her arms snaking around Croix, clinging desperately to him. Croix’s hands slipped from her shoulders to the small of her back, pulling her closer. He immediately slipped his tongue into her mouth, heatedly devouring the inside of her mouth.

Thank god for Croix’s arms around her as Lyner’s legs suddenly went out from underneath her and she clung with growing desperation. Lyner’s body was crushed up against Croix’s in a possessive hold, wrapped up in those muscular and strong arms. It was almost as if she was meant to be held by him. And only him.

It was when Croix’s hips grinded against hers that Lyner felt it; Croix’s arousal hidden in his pants. His desire for her. It made Lyner flush lightly, but it also made her feel excited, her stomach clenching in anticipating.

Breaking the kiss, they pulled away from each other, but only just. They were still wrapped up in each other’s arms, looking at each other, panting, their expressions flushed with desire and love.

No words were exchanged. They weren’t needed.

They leaned in to kiss again, somehow stumbling their way over to Lyner’s bed, Croix sitting down roughly and pulling Lyner down onto his lap. Hands roamed everywhere, pushing aside clothes. Croix’s large hand slipped under the hem of Lyner’s shirt, touching the bare skin on her back. Lyner shivered at the contact and whimpered softly. She then moaned in pleasure when Croix broke the kiss to suck and nip at the highly sensitive skin of her neck.

“Hmm, Croix… Please,” Lyner whimpered, pawing at him. “Just one last time.”

“Sure,” Croix said before he kissed her once more, far deeper this time.

Lyner wasn’t sure how they managed to remove their clothes. A trifle thing, really. But they were soon completely naked, nothing but the heat of their bodies separating them. She wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed deeply once more, Croix’s hands roaming all over her body. She could feel his cock twitching against her stomach, though. He was painfully hard, and her own need for him to be inside her only increased.

In desperation, Lyner tried to lift herself up, shifting so that she could impale herself, but Croix’s arms remained firm around her. Her had one arm wrapped firmly around her waist, crushing her breasts against his chest in a pleasurable way. She moaned into his mouth when she felt his other hand slip down her back, slipping between her legs. He petted her pussy before slipping a long finger deep inside her. He wasted no time in slipping in his other fingers and began to thrust them in and out.

Lyner began to rock her hips, pressing down against his fingers, clenching her muscles to pull them further into her body. She moaned into his mouth as their tongues messily stroked and caressed the other, her hands threaded through his hair. Having his fingers inside her felt good, don’t get her wrong, but she wanted more.

“Ha! Croix!” Lyner whimpered, on the very verge of pleading. “More.”

“Onto the bed,” Croix commanded huskily against her mouth, his eyes hazy with passion and desire.

Panting, Lyner nodded and when he removed his fingers from her pussy, making her whimper while doing so, she reluctantly got off of his lap. She then crawled onto the bed, resting on her hands and knees. She was about to fall onto the bed and roll over onto her back, but Croix stopped her. She swallowed thickly when she felt Croix shift behind her, moving onto the bed as well, his hands firm on her hips. When she felt Croix’s hot erection nudge against her pussy, she moaned lowly as she pushed back against him.

Then, in one swift movement, Croix was inside her, shoved all the way in, seemingly deeper than any time before. Lyner arched her back, her breasts bouncing as she opened her mouth with a cry. “Oh!”

“Yes,” Croix hissed as he began to slowly pull out, only to buck his hips forward unexpectedly, slamming into Lyner, making her and the bed rock and shudder from his movements. “I can’t get enough of this.”

Whimpering, Lyner dropped her head forward as she rocked in time with Croix’s thrusts, gritting her teeth together in order to prevent any cries of pleasure from escaping. Croix’s hands remained firm on her hips as he pulled out only to slam back into her. He repeated that motion over and over again. Soon he was thrusting into her so hard and fast that the bed was creaking and shuddering beneath them.

And it felt amazing.

Lyner had to lower her upper body onto the bed, pressing her face against the sheets and mattress to smother her cries and screams of ecstasy. Croix was hitting that place inside her that made the whole world disappear, made her see nothing but stars, made her feel nothing but that overwhelming sensation of being filled.

Her body shuddered, her back arching violently as she suddenly orgasmed. She had never reached her peak so quickly before. Body fluids slipped down her inner thighs, mixing with the drops of sweat that had fallen from her sweaty, heated body. But she continued to rock in time with Croix’s thrusts, gasping and moaning his name in breathless whispers.

“Yes. Keep going. Harder.”

Again, Croix bucked forcefully into her, his grip tightening on Lyner’s hips as he gave a low groan, shuddering as he ejaculated into Lyner’s body. “Lyner!”

Although Croix had just released his seed into her, wasn’t spent yet. His erection had softened a little, so he gathered Lyner up into his arms, pulling him against his chest and bounced her a few times on his lap as he sat back on his heels. Lyner’s head fell back to rest on his shoulder, her mouth hanging open as she moaned and gasped breathlessly. One of Croix’s hands resting firmly on his hips as he continued to move him, the other moving to fondle one her breasts, squeezing and pinching the sensitive nipple.

The feeling of Croix becoming hard once again inside of her was something that she could not describe. It felt incredible.

When Croix was hard again, he pushed Lyner forward to rest on her hands and knees again as he drove wildly into her again, returning to his previous pace, impaling her repeatedly. Lyner rested her forehead against the bed once again, rocking with Croix, pushing back against his thrusts. This time, she only managed a whimper when she orgasmed again.

And it didn’t take long for Croix to reach his peak as well. Another grunt, another shudder, Croix’s exploded inside of Lyner once again. He fell on top of Lyner, his arms slipping from her hips to wrap around her waist, making it so they stayed joined together as they both leaned against the right and fell onto the bed.

Harsh breathing filled the room, neither of them having the energy to say anything. They simply laid on top of the bed, Lyner still clutching at the sheets, trembling from the intensity of her drawn out orgasm, and Croix holding Lyner closely, breathing heavily against her back. They stayed like that for a few lingering moments.

With a groan of sheer annoyance but also acceptance, Croix pulled out of Lyner’s body with a pop, allowing Lyner the chance to rest fully against the bed and to get her breathing under control. She rolled his head to the side, watching Croix through half-lidded eyes. She found him looking at her as well, his eyes once again unreadable, his intentions unknown.

But what was rather telling was that Croix wasn’t finished with her tonight. Not yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As morning came, Lyner lingered outside the large gates of the grand Bartel estate. Her car, along with driver, waited for her, her luggage already piled inside the vehicle. The other members of the estate had gathered outside as well, saying goodbye, wishing her well.

The reason why Lyner was lingering was simple. She didn’t want to go home. And, that Corona was clinging to her, not wanting her to go. She comforted the girl the best she could.

Croix approached them, gently coaxing his sister away from her. Although sniffling, Corona released her hold on Lyner and grasped her brother’s hand. Croix knelt down and whispered something to her into her ear. Corona snapped her head toward him, slight disbelief but also anticipation. She nodded her head once and removed her hand from Croix’s before scurrying off to cling to Unohana.

Lyner tried her best to smile as Croix turned his full attention to her. “It’s been a pleasure to have you here,” he said, his voice sincere as he took her hand in his.

“Thanks for allowing me to serve you,” Lyner said, feeling slightly choked up.

Croix’s hand lingered on hers as he looked her straight in the eyes. “We’ll be in each other’s company soon enough. Your father won’t have a word to say.”

Lyner wasn’t entirely sure what he meant by that, but her heart speed up, feeling hopeful.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a happy New Year!