Status: Maybe

Jack

Chapter 1

In the early afternoon, under a gray sky, Jack and his parents were on their way to an art gallery...

"Did you remember everything, Jack?"

"Oh! Do you have your handkerchief? You know, the one you got for your birthday?"

"Keep it in your pocket, okay? Don't lose it!"

All these questions were thrown at Jack as the car parked into a parking space off to the side of the art gallery. He honestly didn't want to be here, but his family was one of those modern families who loved artwork and art galleries, even though he hated them, he didn't want to disappoint his parents.

Jack had his arms crossed over his chest, red flannel slightly wrinkling under the pressure being put onto it as the family entered the gallery.

"We're here to see an exhibition of works by an artist named Guertena, and they don't just have paintings, but also sculptures and all kinds of other creations!" Jack's mom mused happily to him.

"I don't doubt that you'll even enjoy it, Jack." His mother added as she smiled at him.

As Jack took in his surroundings, he noticed how posh everything seemed to be. This gallery even had a sign-in desk, it made Jack cringe away as the family walked up to the desk, signing their names in and since Jack had such childish handwriting as his mother so kindly put it, she signed him in instead. Looking around more, the boy realized he didn't want to be glued to his parents side, he'd much rather look around on his own, so he taped on his mother's shoulder and told her that he was going to go on his own. She agreed, but not before telling him that this was an art gallery and he needed to be quiet. With a soft sigh, Jack made his way up the stairs, past the reception desk.

When he reached the top on the stairs, he continued to take the time to look at everything. Now even though Jack didn't fit in with the posh scene that his parents had going on, that didn't mean he couldn't appreciate artwork. Artists were so talented, and Jack couldn't help but envy them because they have the ability to use fucking crayons and make something so beautiful in a few hours. If he tried anything like that, it'd end up being a stick figure or completely abandoned in five minutes.

As he walked around, he noticed how complex some of the words were in the artwork. He didn't really know what they meant, but to be honest he didn't care that much about it, so he continued along before deciding he was tired of upstairs and went to go downstairs of the gallery.

When he entered the room, he first noticed a large painting on the floor, giving the illusion of being underwater but a large , creepy looking deep sea fish in the corner. The second thing he noticed was his parents looking at a rather large painting across the room from him, he didn't really want to be seen by his parents because they would make him follow them around and that was never fun, so he tried his best to avoid them while looking at all the amazing artwork around him.

It took awhile to look at everything while avoiding his parents, but eventually he just got bored and went back upstairs, hoping to find something to do. However when he walked down a lengthy hallway that he didn't particularly remember was there, he was faced with a giant framed painting. As he continued to stare up at it with fascination, the lights around him began flickering. Jack's immediate thought went towards that one show with the two demon hunter brothers named Supernatural, but then he realized how stupid that was and just turned away from the painting, going to see what was happening downstairs.

Jack's steps echoed off the wall, which was strange because the usual music that was playing in the background and hushed voices blocked out any other sound, but as he continued walking he noticed that the music stopped playing and there were no voices. There weren't even people around him.

The boy quickly ran down the stairs, narrowly avoiding falling flat on his face as the lights completely shut off and the entire gallery was almost pitch-black. With fumbling hands, Jack reached into his pocket for his phone and turned on the flashlight as he made his way towards the large painting on the floor.

Once again, nobody was here, which made Jack panic. He checked everywhere he could, looked at every single art piece again and checked every corner. Nobody was in the art gallery, except him. Not even his parents were here, and that alone set him into a state of panic.

With a heaving chest, he ran back up the stairs and back to the large framed painting. As he looked at it again, he noticed blue paint seeping out of the art work, Jack kneeled down to get a better look of it. But as he got closer, the blue paint smudged to form words which said:

"Come down below, Jack. I'll show you someplace secret."

A shiver ran down his spin as he got back up and backed away from the painting. A loud smashing sound pierced into Jack's ears, startling him and making him fall onto the ground in surprise. There was a gooey like substance on his arm, and when he lifted it up to see what it was, he saw that it was a dark crimson, but as he observed it he noticed that it was paint. Jack's head quickly snapped where his arm was when he hit the ground, he noticed it oddly looked like a letter J. The boy quickly jumped up, frantically looking around him and noticing large, red letters on the ground, spelling out something that choked him up.

Come Jack...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey.
-Parrishxo