Status: Complete

"Forever" Gone

"Forever" Gone

"Baby, wake up. It's time to get up sleepyhead." *Giggles followed by a soft kiss*

I wake up, realizing you're no longer there, yet I still reach over as if you were.

It takes that brief moment to fully realize my everything is gone. My world instantly destroyed seeing you're no longer at my side.

My heart crumbles, tears begin to form as my head falls back into the pillow. I bunch as much of it as my left hand can hold as I feel the tears begin to run down my right cheek.

Every thought of us together, sharing moments of happiness, every thought of what felt like the building of "forever" sends a crush of pain to my already shattered heart, causing the tears to run in a flow of pain because you're gone.

I feel my jaw weakening and beginning to quiver as more tears run down my cheek and I can no longer hold it in...I cry because what was supposed to be our forever is no longer.

No longer will I be awoken by your soft touch, you warm hugs, your sweet gentle kiss. No longer able to hold you in my arms as your beautiful face smiles at me, me looking into your beautiful eyes that had me so lost in them since the first day I laid eyes on you, your voice uttering those three words...all "forever" gone.

*Holding you in my arms close to my heart* "I love you, baby. I'll love you forever." "Forever, I'll love you too."

I still don't understand, when did it run its course, where did it go? Where did I go wrong, was I doing wrong from the beginning? All seemed as perfect as a fairy tale complete with the happy ending. Were the smiles, the I love you's, passionate moments, all the seemingly perfect moments that seemed like a building of "forever" real or the building of something else?

All that remains, is our photo that grabs my emotions with each gaze in between the stream of tears. Wishing you were here to explain, if you were true, was what we had a way towards "forever"?

*Looking at the photo with tears flowing down my cheeks* "Forever"
♠ ♠ ♠
This was something I wrote one night many years ago while Winamp was randomly playing mush songs haha
Feedback welcomed. :)