Status: I'll try and post as much as I can (:

O Captain, My Captain.

Chapter Two

Sidney reached down inside to feel around the front left pocket of his dark-wash denim jeans to fish out his vibrating cell phone. When he looked to see who the incoming call was from, he bit his lip and let out a loud sigh. It was Shelby, probably calling to remind him to be on his A game tonight to impress her friend.

For a second, Sidney's ego took over his train of thought. He was the captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins with one of the highest paying salaries in the league. His draft year was commonly referred to as the "Sidney Crosby Sweepstakes" and he was known for being the face of the NHL. He was always on his A game and certainly didn't need to step it up just to impress Shelby or her stupid friend.

After letting his phone vibrate for another 30 second or so, he made the executive decision to answer or she'd just continue to call. "Hello."

"HIIIII!" Shelby screamed into the receiver. Sidney had to hold his phone away from his ear as not to keep from partially losing hearing.

"Hey how goes it?" he muttered.

"'How goes it'? Ugh you're such a loser!" she snapped. "I was calling to ask if I could swing by your place and pick up a couple jerseys so Lauren and I have something to wear to the game."

"Oh, uh, I don't know Shelb. I don't know when I'll be home," he lied, his mind recalling the conversation he had just had with Aubrey about how he wasn't even into this girl.

"What do you mean you don't know when you'll be home? Don't you have to take a nap or some bullshit?" she spat.

"Yeah, but uh, I was just gonna head to Kuni's house. His wife's making dinner for some of the guys and I was just gonna skip my nap and go over there. Ha, nutrition's key you know."

"Baby, pleeeeeease. Lauren and I really wanna wear your jerseys so everyone knows who we're cheering for," she whined.

"Yeah you and 18 thousand other people," he mumbled to himself. His ego was taking over his thought process again.

"What?" she sounded confused.

"Nothing. Uhhhh I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it home in time to give you guys jerseys then head to Kuni's and eat. What about Pens Gear? I know they sell my jersey," he tried to divert the subject in a different direction.

"Seriously Sid? We're dating. Why should I have to buy your jersey when I can just get one from you firsthand?" she snapped.

"Hey you know that's a really good question but I'm getting ready to drive through the Fort Pitt Tunnel and don't wanna lose ya. I'm gonna have to call you back."

"This is so fucking annoying! My own god damn boyfriend won't even-" he hung up before she could hiss out the rest of her sentence.

He threw his phone on the passenger seat, eyes focused on the road, gripping the steering wheel so hard his knuckles began to grow pale. How could someone be so selfish as to throw a fit because he wouldn't let her or her dumb friend wear his jerseys? What difference did it make what she wore or not? If she were truly there to support him, she'd pull something together out of her own closet. But he knew her main concern was to express to everyone at Consol that she had captured the attention of the captain, or so she thought.

His mind fluttered back to the conversation he had with Aubrey and the way she placed her delicate hand on his muscular knee and looked him directly in the eyes when she told him he deserved someone special. She was special. She was more than special...she was absolutely stunning. The way their conversation flowed so naturally was like a foreign concept to him. Most of the time when he spoke to women, they were so awestruck by his presence that it was hard to actually keep a smooth conversation going. And those eyes! They were a piercing blue that were enough to make anyone lose concentration while looking into them. And those breasts! Oh those breasts, so perky and taut, it's like she purposely displayed them that way to make Sidney want to reach out and grab a handful.

Buzzzzzz!

His thoughts were temporarily set aside when he looked down to see his cell phone vibrating in the passenger seat. Shelby's name flashed across the screen and he flipped his phone on its face as though he didn't see a thing. But Aubrey though, what a catch.

"Stop," he chastised himself. How would a girl as smart as Aubrey be into someone like him?

Sure he had signed a multi-million dollar contract with the Penguins that would essentially keep him with the team for the rest of his career but Aubrey had to have wanted something different, something beyond the Penguins. Hell the Penguins were her life too and she was probably looking to date someone far from it.

Or so he thought.